PDA

View Full Version : Killing that Mech-dude for the 1st time?

CyanideBreathMint
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Any clues/tips on how to kill that mech-dude you first encounter. It's the part of the game where you have to run like hell from him into a room where you press a red button to make him drop down to a room below. From there, Riddick (you) jumps down to fight the mech-dude, but I can't figure out how to snuff'im out.

Any ideas for those that have done this part, please share, thanks! :)

CyanideBreathMint
04-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Murphy's Gaming Law: Ask a question and figure out the answer by fartin' about in the game yourself minutes later.

Just need to run around the back of the mech-dude and fire away until the 'Y' button prompt to mount the drone (sounds so dirty) appears.

Jumnious
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Stay behind the wall of debris and shoot into the cracked glass for a supposed headshot.

KingMongoloid
04-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I found that if you lead him the to corner on the other side of the door, he will stay there. Just sneak around to the makeshift wall near the wall, if you lean at a certain angle he will keep shooting but will be unable to inflict damage.

Obsulete
04-11-2009, 02:38 AM
I said F* it and ran right at him unloading an entire clip into his face.

Suicidal tendency 1, giant robot 0, Everything else in this game 103.

Bringerofpwnage
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM
This may be a bit late, but there is a box you can climb up on in that area which leads you to a little balcony with a gun on top. After you wait for like 2 min. you can shoot his back repeatedly with the assault rifle to kill him. Its the easiest way.

ZYM
04-22-2009, 02:49 PM
They way I did it was they wall/row of boxes you first start at from the right end shoot the mech to get him to walk that way and then he walks around the boxes and just stay opposite of him and shoot his head, as long as you are crouched and close to the boxes his fire shouldn't hit you . . . this worked for me on hard . . .