PDA

View Full Version : Find And Fight Jaylor Achievement

KingMongoloid
04-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Does this achievement unlock directly after defeating Jaylor in said fist fight. Right after I open the gate I used the nano med station cargo bay maintenance access. I've fought him fair and also sneaking around him and continuously attacking him. Does the achievement unlock as soon as you defeat Jaylor or after you go into the next area? thanks.

Obsulete
04-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Damn I didn't realize there was a achievement for fighting him fist to fist, I just blasted him with the tranq.

yarminKun
04-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Just found out about this. Its a shame that I switched to the shotgun and shot him on the head three times.

Oh, well.

KingMongoloid
04-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Well after you beat the game you can go back and load the checkpoint. I look forward to knocking him out on easy.

Books83
04-11-2009, 03:16 AM
I didn't sneak around I stood toe to toe with him trading blows and got the achievment.

Obsulete
04-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Kind of dumb that they made it a secret achievement, given that its possible to not fight him fairly. All the other "secret" achievements are plot related that you can't miss.

KingMongoloid
04-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Alright, I figured out the easiest way to receive the Honest Fighting achievement done on easy mode after completing the game.

Simply hold the left trigger, back on the left control stick, and spam RT.

space_monkee69
04-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Does this achievement unlock directly after defeating Jaylor in said fist fight. Right after I open the gate I used the nano med station cargo bay maintenance access. I've fought him fair and also sneaking around him and continuously attacking him. Does the achievement unlock as soon as you defeat Jaylor or after you go into the next area? thanks.

initially i shot him but after learning the secret achiev i reloaded an old checkpoint and fought him toe to toe but never unlocked it!!!Wtf, starting to think its glitched...

Brave Moonlight
04-12-2009, 02:20 PM
This dude is annoying to Fist Fight. Every punch you throw, he instantly counters, UNLESS you some how manage to land a hit as he's throwing a punch.

I did this one on Hard, with one health block left. It was annoying. One blocked recovered though after I Failed 10 or so times, but it didn't help much.

Clone
04-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Alright, I figured out the easiest way to receive the Honest Fighting achievement done on easy mode after completing the game.

Simply hold the left trigger, back on the left control stick, and spam RT.
This worked for me on Normal. Pretty much the only time you can punch him using that combination is when he starts walking toward you and is in punching distance. I didn't even lose a block of health using this method.

Deadman63
04-18-2009, 06:00 AM
This worked for me on Normal. Pretty much the only time you can punch him using that combination is when he starts walking toward you and is in punching distance. I didn't even lose a block of health using this method.

This also works well in Hard, just keep smacking him when he's in range and Jaylor will drop quick enough.

Vercetti118
04-21-2009, 04:01 AM
how many times do you have to hit this son of a bitch? I only have 2 health boxes and i always wait till he throws a punch then uppercut him but he never goes down. I must have hit him at least 20 times. He always manages to block and counter strike me though.

EDIT: I just beat him using only my fists and I didn't get the achievement either....playing on Normal. I'm thinking it may be because I was in a dark room with eyeshine on so it wasn't completely "fair"

Vercetti118
04-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Now I beat him in the control room or whatever in the light hand to hand and still no achievement. Not happy at all.

doket
04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
when you can fight jaylor? i am still at begining of Assistance level. after i interact with the terminal inside the Cell Block to open the cells, i got the change to speak with him to do his side quest. do i fight with him now or come back later after someway in the story?

Sydanc1an
04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
You can't miss him. After the mech sequence you have no choice but to fight him. He will ask to fight man-to-man. Put your weapons away equip your Fists and go at him. He's a little tough on Hard but not too much. Just run up hit back up repeat. I beat him going into the fight with 1 bar that I just kept regenerating. He takes a lot on hard.

Mongooli P5
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I knew this was an achievement so I put my gun down and layed the smackdown with my fists (the second time, the first time he bested me) but I didn't receive the achievement. Am I doing something wrong? I only used my fists, no weapons whatsoever.:(

EOU Findub
04-23-2009, 04:35 AM
I knew this was an achievement so I put my gun down and layed the smackdown with my fists (the second time, the first time he bested me) but I didn't receive the achievement. Am I doing something wrong? I only used my fists, no weapons whatsoever.:(

That's really weird because on my other card it unlocked the first time I tried this. Don't crouch or do anything silly, just equip FISTS ONLY and beat the shit out of him. I lost many many times on EASY (I know, I sucked at this game) because I went in swinging. To which he countered me and beat the hell out of me.

Fists only.

Mattster
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM

Simply hold the left trigger, back on the left control stick, and spam RT. Cheers for that, I beat him on normal and got the achievement. =]

greg
04-27-2009, 02:47 AM
i missed that one to...whats the checkpoint name..??

NAVI1212
04-27-2009, 09:14 AM
i missed that one to...whats the checkpoint name..??

Celldecks Riot

I tried this 4 times and i did not get any achievment at all.
2 times on normal 2 times on easy no achievment.
The funny thing is he has a gun and if i watch the video on youtube he has no gun so there is a real fist fight YouTube - Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Walkthrough - Chapter 5 - Back to the Cell Deck Part 2 HD
Anybody knows how i can solve this?

Cheers

greg
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah as soon it starts make sure u switch to fists if u dont he might have a gun out

Epirc
05-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Apparently if you pass up this achievement the first time through the game you can't just reload the Cell Block Riot checkpoint and unlock it, this is how I went back and got the achievement.

Reload the checkpoint BEFORE the cell block riot. Just play through until you get to Jaylor. The easiest way I found to kill him is holding LT and back on the left analog. Every time he comes in to strike, beat him to the draw with an RT uppercut. Done right you should not take any damage. Done.

jasonorme666
06-05-2009, 05:35 AM
I fought fist to fist and I too got NO achievement and have just completed the game.

eviltb
06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Make sure you dont have your ulaks equiped, that could be were a lot of you are failing with the cheev. Just fists means what it is, just fists. No ulaks, knuckledusters, knives, shivs or rubber chickens. The best thing to do is when he says "put your gun away", actually put your gun! Once you are unarmed, you can use sneak to get around him and duck under the vents although you cant actually sneak-kill him. Once you've given him a good enough beatdown the cheev should unlock.

Remember: fists only!!!

Treguard
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Achievement didn't unlock. Great. :\