PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 02:36 AM
My xbox keeps crashing on me, I have no clue why this is the second time today, i am well was playing lego indi, and then the 360 wont do anything, no message or nothing all it does is mess up the graphics, it like depizaltes everything,

my xbox is well vented,
I only have my controller pluged in,
this is pissing me off,

any thoughts this is so stupid, the thing is over a year old also

v_thorne
04-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Mine freezes once in a great long while. It's generally nothing to worry about, especially if it's not doing it constantly.

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 06:57 AM
well it did it 3 times while i was playing lego indi, and it frose at the same part, but i went to a bud's place and brought my hdd and slaped it on his xbox and beat the lv, and my my xbox it kepps on doing it, also he is selling his so im going to buy it as mine is craping out i think

Golden138
04-11-2009, 07:58 AM
My xbox keeps crashing on me, I have no clue why this is the second time today, i am well was playing lego indi, and then the 360 wont do anything, no message or nothing all it does is mess up the graphics, it like depizaltes everything,

my xbox is well vented,
I only have my controller pluged in,
this is pissing me off,

any thoughts this is so stupid, the thing is over a year old also

If you mean the picture "digitizes" with lines (and blocks sometimes) means that your GPU is getting ready to take a dive. Since it is out of warranty, you might want to replace the heat transfer paste for the GPU. I did it, and kept the 360 running for another 3 months until I got another one.!! Also, if you do this, it wouldn't hurt to do a good cleaning on the fans.

By the way, mine did the same thing. Would digitize picture, and not give me an error at all. I would shut off the 360 for a bit, turn it back on and it would last awhile until it heated up again.

Youtube it, and you can find some excellent vids to help you through!!

Good luck!!

Seb The Sheep
04-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Oh my god, I have exactly the same problem!
I got the new Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360.
It's NEW!
And it KEEPS freezing!
When I'm on the guide screen (you know, sending messages, etc), it takes AGES to respond to me pressing a button, and sometimes, it COMPLETELY crashes.
I remember I was in a gears match, got a message, pressed guide to open, selected the message, and that was it. Just the blue background.
Gears 2 was still happening behind the screen just fine, but there was nothing I could do.
Just sit there and do jack shit while they kill me.
It also crashes sometimes in Gears2, when certain things happen, i.e., sometimes when I get melee'd it just crashes? Well, it's only happened twice, but still.

It's really starting to piss me off as this is BRAND NEW AND Jasper chipset! It's supposed to be getting better, not worse!

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Well thats so nice to here that my gpu os craping out, well time to buy an arcade xbox, shrug, no more chrome dvd player, Fuck , stupid thing well thanks for telling me golden 138 shrug

Edit
Im on the phone with M$ and it sucks that woman (max's ex wife) I think is so fucking stupid, I say xbox tech sport, and she give me

edit
They think its sofware Xd, it hardware

iKiddo
04-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Is it only this one game that keeps crashing?

Aletdownofstate
04-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Lol RROD lol.

Edit

Infact if the graphics are messing up, you can look forward to a nice sexy E74 I should imagine.

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Is it only this one game that keeps crashing?

all games

I think im just going to buy an arcade tho as i am not sending the stupid thing out, i may just buy a ps3 if this keeps up with the stupid thing

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
bump

Lol RROD lol.

Edit

Infact if the graphics are messing up, you can look forward to a nice sexy E74 I should imagine.

Yea that is going to be sexy XD can't wait

FourChan
04-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Sounds like you're about have to send it in and get it fixed. Sorry to hear about it, but eh still think of it this way, beats playing a PS3.

Glowin Smurff
04-11-2009, 05:56 PM
all games

I think im just going to buy an arcade tho as i am not sending the stupid thing out, i may just buy a ps3 if this keeps up with the stupid thing

just an FYI, the ps3 has it's own version of RROD called the YLOD. and it's a bigger pain in the ass, plus it has it's own share of issues besides just the death lights, all consoles have there own problems, just food for thought.

Golden138
04-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Lol RROD lol.

Edit

After reading his post, yes the E74 is imminent at this time. Out of 4 years of playing, and one launch system, and then my Elite shelling, ya.....

I guess that I haven't done too bad. 2 360's in 4 years.

Also, when I bought my PS3, it crapped out within a week, so, just going out and getting another console such as the PS3 won't help you at all.

I have both systems, and my PS3 does crap loads of Folding@home, but not much else.

I LOVE MY 360!!!!!!!!!!

By the way man, I almost forgot... The repair for this issue is $100. So, you have to make the decision of just going out and picking up an arcade for $199, or spend the wasted 100 and toss the dice as to what you would get back...I'd go for the arcade for the $199!!

They think its sofware Xd, it hardware

No, don't let them fool you. This is a hardware issue. Damn, I just wished that they would tell the truth rather than lie about the substandard parts.If it was a software issue, you would get it from the time you fired your game up until the end. Isn't it funny to you that it only comes on once you are playing for awhile?

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 08:53 PM
it happens on every game except king thong, but i only hand king dong in for like a minuit befor i go pissed off at it, as the game is complete shit, but they are saying its sofare and I dont fucking beleve them as, they told me to reset everything, As i did that last night ( it did not work) so yea, i'm just going to get a pro 60 gb and plug the 60 gb hdd to my computer and use it as a mem stick, ( I have a 20 gb hooked up as a mem stick

CyanideBreathMint
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
If it's not under warranty, just get it fixed locally for $30 the same day and you'll be up and gaming. Unless you want to spend about $200-$300 (thought you said you were 15 and a $20 Mac program was too expensive? (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1750845&postcount=5)) on another 360?

Just look up 'RROD fix 360' on Craigslist for your city. All the guys out my way will fix'em for $30.

Aletdownofstate
04-11-2009, 10:05 PM
RROD fixes don't work.

Not long term anyway, might get a month or two out of it, it's rare any longer though.

And they don't fix an E74 particularly often either, as it's a GPU problem, not CPU/Mobo failure.

my_box_72
04-11-2009, 11:15 PM
it happens on every game except king thong, but i only hand king dong in for like a minuit befor i go pissed off at it, as the game is complete shit, but they are saying its sofare and I dont fucking beleve them as, they told me to reset everything, As i did that last night ( it did not work) so yea, i'm just going to get a pro 60 gb and plug the 60 gb hdd to my computer and use it as a mem stick, ( I have a 20 gb hooked up as a mem stick

Lol sorry mate but some of your wording kills me "king Thong" lol ;)
don't take this personal ....

Mycatisbigfoot
04-11-2009, 11:47 PM
[quote=CyanideBreathMint; (thought you said you were 15 and a $20 Mac program was too expensive? (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1750845&postcount=5))

I hate to burust you're bubble, but do i look like i have a visa, im just saving towayrds Gh M, and well its going to my new fund get a new 360 the e74 is unfixable, from what i have herd, so im going to have to live with my 360 for a while and also, one of my buddies got a ps3 the same day as i got a 360 and his ps3 died like 5 weeks ago, I should of never laughed at him XD

CyanideBreathMint
04-12-2009, 12:04 AM
he is selling his so im going to buy it as mine is craping out i think
well time to buy an arcade xbox
I think im just going to buy an arcade tho as i am not sending the stupid thing out
i'm just going to get a pro 60 gb
I hate to burust you're bubble, but do i look like i have a visa, im just saving towayrds Gh M (edit: no clue wtf a 'Gh M' is but ok?), and well its going to my new fund get a new 360 the e74 is unfixable (edit: and do I look like a mind reader, again? State what you're doing if you're going to contradict yourself. The E74 is NOT unrepairable btw.), from what i have herd, so im going to have to live with my 360 for a while and also, one of my buddies got a ps3 the same day as i got a 360 and his ps3 died like 5 weeks ago, I should of never laughed at him XD
'burust' what bubble? :confused: Your bubble of hypocrisy? LOL. Look, you haven't any cash, or you do. Make up your mind, take the time to type properly and do whatever you want. Personally, I'd send it to MS and get it repaired or replaced, especially if it's still under warranty (read nowhere in your thread if you stated it was or wasn't).

CLET8
04-12-2009, 12:48 AM
RRoD is coming! You're fucked.

JesusBread
04-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Your system is getting ready to take a dive :). I dealt with that shit for 3 months before my 360 froze whenever I started up a game of anything.

Biodrive
04-12-2009, 03:49 AM
If the screen goes all funny, you are likely going to get the E74 in about 2 minutes lol (Maybe longer haha).