PDA

View Full Version : ...a Capital Ship?!?

BlackDragon
04-11-2009, 04:59 AM
I've been doing side-missions every chance I get, and have, in fact, completed all those available. I've also been doing a fair spot of mining, and explored enough moons that I've already hit level 50. Oh, and I've unlocked all LeapGates, obtained all Telepathic Powers, and obtained and created a number of rare items. Basically, I've done everything I could be reasonably expected to do at this stage.

So I get to the Luminary Archived. Take out the Automates Defences, and the Gun Turrets, no big deal. And then... a CAPITAL SHIP?!? With a number of unique abilities, such as basically restoring its entire shield in a single turn? I'm riding a bloody Frigate. I don't have a chance.

What's that, you say? I can just buy a better ship? Oh, sure, I'll just blow all the money I've collected so far on a Light Cruiser, which is basically half a step up the scales. Or maybe I should spend the next couple of weeks farming the asteroids so I can buy a Dreadnought? Gimme a break, this is supposed to be PuzzleQuest, not World of Warcraft...

eviltb
04-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Or you could just get the Shield Virus add-on and say bye-bye to his shields ;) tbh Im only lvl11 right now, so Ive got a fair way to go, but I would imagine you would need the best stuff you can get to defeat the Archived.

FlipSwitch
04-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Go an pay 1mil for the Trident Battleship to even the odds ^^ get your own capital ship and beat him around the galaxy. =D

BlackDragon
04-11-2009, 12:26 PM
That's what I ended up doing, after spending literally half a day mining to accumulate the necessary funds... well, he wasn't so tough then. BUt I still think the game sucks for forcing you to 'grind' a load of money like that.

Wadski
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
That's what I ended up doing, after spending literally half a day mining to accumulate the necessary funds... well, he wasn't so tough then. BUt I still think the game sucks for forcing you to 'grind' a load of money like that.

I used a cheap add-on (3R, 2Y, 1G) which blocks their shield regen for 6 turns then when I had a few mines on the board upped doubled the strength of the Mines and kicked it's ass. I think my ship currently has 115 health.

justinl
04-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Or you could just get the Shield Virus add-on and say bye-bye to his shields ;) tbh Im only lvl11 right now, so Ive got a fair way to go, but I would imagine you would need the best stuff you can get to defeat the Archived.
what he said, the battles pretty much play themselves after buying shield virus

xxrpggamemanxx
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Actually I beat this with the trident warship or whatever it gives you part way through. Just get Temporeal field and bola mines.