PDA

View Full Version : Nasty bug and how to fix it (spoiler)

ponypo2001
04-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Ok,I had a real bad feeling I'd flushed 10 hours of gameplay down the toilet just now when I hit a nasty bug.If you extort all businesses and take down 3 families before a certain point,the game will not move forward.Basically,you will have to return to New York to set up a senator.If you've killed all the families up to this point,you get sent back to Florida after a while and are told to defend your businesses and expand.There is your problem,the game is too dumb to notice you've already got them all and thus they cannot be defended as no new families have moved in yet.

So,here is the fix.Simply quit out of your game after saving then load back in.You should start in the Corleone compound and hear a phone ringing.That will then move the story on.

Gave me a massive fright.I am a huge fan of the Godfather games but hitting a typical EA bug really would've pissed me off beyond all reason.I hope this helps anyone else that has suffered this or will at least stop others from running into the same problem.

Soap of Death
04-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah I had this issue too, I was glad exiting and restarting worked or I would have been pretty pissed off.

neeker75
04-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the info, because I've indeed taken out three rival families before returning to NY to set up the Senator.