Arcade: What Next?

xI DaR3DeViL Ix

Im looking for a new arcade game and have a couple of games in mind as possibilities but Im not to sure I already have:

Worms

N+

Prince Of Persia Classic

3D Ultra Minigolf

Totemball

Dash of Destruction

Marble Blast Ultra

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai

Dont want Portal due to having played it on 'TOB' and the arcade game looking just the same and Im not after a game with easy achievements or anything.

I was thinking about getting Banjo-Kazooie but I am also downloading trials for Watchmen although I think its far to expensive for me right now...

I have viewed the Arcade thread for what to get and what not to get etc but still cant make up my mind lol.

Anyone have any suggestions?

N+ is great, and I've heard good things about Worms. There's also the uber cheap Assault Heroes.. and if you're a fan of Portal, there's Portal:Still Alive, which is a blast :D

Got Worms and N+ as said and not keen on Portal as its basically the same thing as 'The Orange Box' version.

But will trial Assault Heroes.

Not too sure on Banjoo after the trial and Watchmen was good but not 1600 points good, especially when part 2 will cost the same.

N+ is great, and I've heard good things about Worms. There's also the uber cheap Assault Heroes.. and if you're a fan of Portal, there's Portal:Still Alive, which is a blast :D

Did you read his post?

Portal: Still Alive is pretty much the same, but has some extra maps.. or something.

And I liked N+ a lot. And the achievements are quite hard too. Maybe, Castle Crashers.. You could always try the trials..

Did you read his post?

Portal: Still Alive is pretty much the same, but has some extra maps.. or something.

And I liked N+ a lot. And the achievements are quite hard too. Maybe, Castle Crashers.. You could always try the trials..

My bad, I misread it, I thought those were the games he wanted.. I make mistakes lol.

But there's Geo Wars 1 and 2, Castle Crashers, Braid..

Will trial Geo Wars heard it isnt too bad but doesnt look that great.

Castle Crashers demo was cool but seemed to be just another fighting adventure game and Braid looks over priced.

Nothing really stands out for me atm. Anyone know of any future Arcade titles that have been announced?

Croc from Sega Megadrive would be awesome :D

could always try an uno game, either the original or rush. not exactly as intensive as dishwasher (hard as nails first time through, and samurai difficulty is no picnic) but the amount of people playing multiplayer is huge, they won't dry up anytime soon.

i will echo assualt heroes and castle crashers though and add castlevania, 400 for heroes is a steal, CC is an excellent game and seeing as castlevania is the ps1 game, it seems like you get your monies worth.

if you said what type of game you would like, i could skim through the lists for you. platformers spring to mind seeing you have PoP and n+ so braid and maybe exit could be worth a trial. if you don't mind not having achievements, theres a few good community games like supercow and johnny platforms biscuit romp, trials are essential as the lack of achievements is a big downside and i can't remember the price off the top of my head

edit: oops bit too late with my reply, theres outrun and lode runner coming out soon, cant speak for lode runner but outrun is the coast to coast version and i've wasted so much money on it in the arcades.

Edited by khamelion

I own a ton of Arcade games, to the tune of 60+

These are the ones I recommend.

Catan - AMAZING game. I've logged probably hundreds of hours on it. If you're a fan of social XBL games like UNO and such, this one is the best. I absolutely could not recommend this game more. It's based on the best-selling german board game of the same name.

Carcassone - Another great game, sorta similar to Catan. I don't like it quite as much as Catan, but it's a great game in its own right.

Penny Arcade: On The Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness - This game is a steal at only 800msp for this week only. Very funny, with great graphics and gameplay. Buy it while it's still priced at half off.

Jetpac: Refuelled - This game doesn't get nearly enough credit. It's the first game that RARE ever made, and it shows what a remake of a retro classic should look like. Really well done, and it has over 128 levels. Also includes the retro version in its entirety.

Mega Man 9 - If you enjoyed the original Mega Man games on the NES, this game will fill you with nostalgic joy. Word of warning though, this game is hard!

Castle Crashers - If you haven't played it yet, buy it now. Amazing game, almost worthy of a retail version. I love this game, and so do most of my friends.

Alien Hominid HD - Another game made by the people who made Castle Crashers. It's not quite as good as Castle Crashers, but it's an excellent game nonetheless.

Braid was absolutley amazing. I loved the whole thing. Worth the price.

But I can almost guarantee you'll need a guide for it, it's quite tough.

Dash of Destruction is free, so just get it. Easy 200 points! :D

I love N+, but I've heard people that don't like it at all. Try the demo before you decide.

Really, that's what's great about the marketplace, you can try almost anything before you buy it!

Zelda:- Link to the past. That would be ace!

Other than that, Any Resi game??

Did you even read his first post, he's talking about games that are available now not potential games that could be on XBLA in the future, also a Zelda game on the 360 are you nuts, Nintendo would never ever ever let that happen not even in a millon years just look at the problems microsoft have had trying to get Golden Eye 64 on XBLA its just never going to happen.

Also like others have said try Braid, haven't played it my self but planning to get it.

Wow cheers for all the reccomendations guys lol.

I currently have 800MP's left until the end of the month when I get paid again as I had to buy a new 360 and so Im skint now but Im testing out a few more games now.

Testing out Penny Arcade Ep1 seeing as its on offer this week only but the 2000MP tag for both games is off putting lol.

Im torn between PA Ep1, Kingdom for Keflings or getting 2 400 point games such as Uno + Assault heroes but seeing as PA Ep1 is on offer Im likely to go with that for now as I have The Dishwasher to rinse off for now as well as others but that should last me action wise.

But the trials will help me decide ;)

Anyone know when the PA EP1 discount ends? Is it tonight?

Anyone know when the PA EP1 discount ends? Is it tonight?

I do believe the deal of the week ends tonight.

Well, it's fine if you get PA now (not my kind of game), but I would recommend Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and maybe even Rez HD for another time.