PDA

View Full Version : Mutliple accounts with downloaded games issue

CutmanMike
04-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello

I have two accounts on my xbox, one for me and my girlfriend. My girlfriend's account is a silver and I have gold. Previously, any games I had downloaded on my account my girlfriend could play on her account and have her own save data on them.

Now, my hard drive recently bit the dust and I had to redownload everything (for free because I already downloaded them before) and recover our accounts. All the games I redownloaded work on my account but on my girlfriends they can only be played in trial mode. Am I doing something wrong is is it because I recovered them that I can't do this anymore? :confused:

Dragon's Heart
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I've done this several times, and my games all still work with anybody on my console...We have two consoles and I have downloaded 'em back and forth between the two a lot...Never had any problems like this...

auburn fury
04-11-2009, 02:25 PM
If i remember correctly, isn't there something on the xbox website about transferring licences for hard drives? I don't have the time to check though, sorry!

Hope you get it sorted

CutmanMike
04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Okay this is weird. When I'm logged in on a different controller all the games suddenly become accessible for my girlfriend's account. She can suddenly have save data and get achievements too. That's a bit inconvenient I suppose but hey it works.

Glowin Smurff
04-11-2009, 05:14 PM
the way to fix that is to do a license transfer. (i have similar problem w/ some games, cuz i'm on my 4th xbox, but i just sign in both accounts cuz i'm too lazy to transfer.)

CutmanMike
04-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Do I need anything off my old harddrive because that's kinda gone now :(

Glowin Smurff
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
nope, just goto xbox.com logon w/ the account that downloaded the stuff the first time. then i believe it's under support but you'll look for something called Content License Transfer. then you start that. (you can only do these 1 time every 12months) you'll have to be able to log on to your xbox whilst logged on via the pc (dumb i know) otherwise 18004myxbox should be able to do this as well if you have problems going the PC route.

CutmanMike
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Okay I did it, but she still has trial games on her user :confused:

Glowin Smurff
04-11-2009, 08:48 PM
delete the games w/ your acct again, then redownload w/ your account, see if that fixes it. (sorry forgot to mention your supposed to do that after the transfer.)

Luke847
04-11-2009, 09:28 PM
So does this mean that if someone i know has downloaded a DLC that i can get recover their gamertag on my HDD, get them to download the DLC and then i can play it on my Xbox live account without having to buy it?

Glowin Smurff
04-13-2009, 05:07 AM
So does this mean that if someone i know has downloaded a DLC that i can get recover their gamertag on my HDD, get them to download the DLC and then i can play it on my Xbox live account without having to buy it?

no.

they'd have to reset their content licenses to your xbox, which can be done once every 12months, then they'd have to recover their own account back to their 360, then they'd have to be signed in to live everytime they wanted to use there DLC, goodluck getting someone to be stupid for you to get free DLC.

you can buy a 360memory card and take your profile w/ you to their house instead and play on your profile using the DLC the other person has purchased though.

the once in 12months license transfer is to keep you from stealing DLC (which is piracy).

if that's confusing i can try to clear it up a bit more, but that should be sufficient.

CutmanMike
04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
delete the games w/ your acct again, then redownload w/ your account, see if that fixes it. (sorry forgot to mention your supposed to do that after the transfer.)

Ah okay, I'll give that a go. Thanks ;)