PDA

View Full Version : Halo Figures

Mr. Writer
04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
So, I was thinking about it after seeing the new contests when I logged on today, who here owns any of the figures and which ones?
At the minute I have the series one Master Chief and the Series two Arbiter. =].
So which ones do you have?

cincychaos
04-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I have the series one Master Chief, red elite, and grunt. I have the series two chief that is white and another that is blue. Love those figures!

CLET8
04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
None, but I hope I win one in the contest!

Chaosflare
04-12-2009, 02:11 AM
You know, I've always wanted to get one of the figures, but I never thought of myself as much of a "die-hard Halo fan", so I never bothered to purchase one.

Maybe I should?

kevinbeck12713
04-12-2009, 02:43 AM
You know, I've always wanted to get one of the figures, but I never thought of myself as much of a "die-hard Halo fan", so I never bothered to purchase one.

Maybe I should?

I see no need to. Why not spend your money on something more practical? But maybe thats just me.

Chaosflare
04-12-2009, 03:09 AM
I see no need to. Why not spend your money on something more practical? But maybe thats just me.
Well, being unemployed, I don't have money coming my way often; I don't spend money on much more than food as it is -- and if I'm not worrying about eating, it's going towards feeding others or transporting myself from one place to another.

But there will always be those small items that you don't mind spending some money on. These figures may be one of those items.
*shrugs* I guess it's just a matter of how much I want one, or where I'd put it. Sealed or opened. Etc.

mark23
04-12-2009, 09:48 AM
None, Halo is the most overated game ever espacilly halo 3 which without an online mode is only worth a 7 at best. Microsoft have been milking their cash cow that is the Halo franchise sinse day 1, action figures & they've even went away from the genre of the game to revert to RTS just so they could milk there cow again. Sorry but thats just the way i feel about this game.

cincychaos
04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Well, being unemployed, I don't have money coming my way often; I don't spend money on much more than food as it is -- and if I'm not worrying about eating, it's going towards feeding others or transporting myself from one place to another.

But there will always be those small items that you don't mind spending some money on. These figures may be one of those items.
*shrugs* I guess it's just a matter of how much I want one, or where I'd put it. Sealed or opened. Etc.

Yeah, it's not something I would get unless you had the extra cash and there wasn't anything else you wanted to do with it. Don't get me wrong, I love these figures, but they do just sit (or stand) there.

True I Skill
04-12-2009, 01:42 PM
My brother had alot of boxed ones, Which were pretty cool
Ive got A black master cheif, Not sure what series,
And A Banjee(I dunno how u spell it)
They are pretty cool, I dont rly use em, Apart from Position master cheif
in weird positions on my shelf, I would of liked to Pin the Banjee above my t.v hanging from my ceiling and master cheif on the side jacking it.

cincychaos
04-12-2009, 01:44 PM
My brother had alot of boxed ones, Which were pretty cool
Ive got A black master cheif, Not sure what series,
And A Banjee(I dunno how u spell it)
They are pretty cool, I dont rly use em, Apart from Position master cheif
in weird positions on my shelf, I would of liked to Pin the Banjee above my t.v hanging from my ceiling and master cheif on the side jacking it.

Is the banshee proportionate to MC or is it smaller? That would be awesome to have. That and a Scorpion...good stuff.

GrUnTxSKaTeR
04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't have any of the kind you can win in the contest, but I have the one from the Halo Spartan Controller.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51tjCN79TlL._SS350_.jpg

Skillet
04-12-2009, 03:54 PM
None, Halo is the most overated game ever espacilly halo 3 which without an online mode is only worth a 7 at best. Microsoft have been milking their cash cow that is the Halo franchise sinse day 1, action figures & they've even went away from the genre of the game to revert to RTS just so they could milk there cow again. Sorry but thats just the way i feel about this game.

Yes, yes... Halo is very overrated. Simply because there are whopping 3 FPS titles and an RTS.

God forbid a company creates something that is generally liked by most of the Xbox-loving population.

Except for the fact that Gears of War was always slated to be a trilogy, Mass Effect is a confirmed trilogy, how many different iterations of Half Life have there been now? Final Fantasy has how many different games out? Don't even get me started on Lucas and Star Wars...

But of course... Halo is such a cash cow and the only franchise that is "milked" by it's respective owners.

Anyway, rants aside... I have two figures. One is from Halo 2 which is sitting a box somewhere because it looks pretty stupid. The other is THIS (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0013Z860M/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_3?ie=UTF8&index=3).

I took the Infection Forms off of it though. They look pretty stupid up close. But the rest of the statue is extremely detailed, which is surprising considering it was $15 at Wal-Mart.

Now I just want to finish off that set by buying the Arbiter and Brute statues. The Brute is actually pretty huge. I think it stands about 13 inches from Hammer to base.

EDIT: And if I had about $300 burning a hole in my pocket... this would be sitting on my shelf:

http://www.wetanz.com/holics/halo3_popup.php?image=5http://www.wetanz.com/holics/halo3_popup.php?image=5

I'm too lazy to find the post on Bungie that showed the detail for this statue... and the front view, but it's pretty amazing.

Slow2die
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Any locations of places where these can be purchased.

Although, at the thought I could check play.com

*checks*

Cool, after much research (lol 5 seconds typing in halo 3 into the search bar on Play.Com) I found these 3 for sale.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/5345999/Halo-3-6-Master-Chief-Action-Figure/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/4949431/Halo-3-6-Spartan-EVA-Scale-Figure/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/6884048/Halo-3-Equipment-Edition-Master-Chief/Product.html

Pretty cheap if your a collector, but a little pointless if you are not. :)

Bearded Bugs
04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I love my H3 figures, my most-prized one is one of the 9.5" Master Chief models...

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/114802-5/tn_mc2+_11_.jpg

I have 8 of the McFarlane Toys figures too, and an 8" Hunter arriving soon... :)

CyanideBreathMint
04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Bearded Bugs, that's a really slick looking model. Where'd you pick that up and what'd it run you? I used to know Todd many years back out this way. We went to the same local comic shop...yes, I'm dating myself by saying that, lol.

Bearded Bugs
04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Bearded Bugs, that's a really slick looking model. Where'd you pick that up and what'd it run you? I used to know Todd many years back out this way. We went to the same local comic shop...yes, I'm dating myself by saying that, lol.

Does that mean you can get lots of free McFarlane toys? Best friends forever?! :D

Thanks though, I do love it, it's the only model that I took out of the box just because it looks so sexy in my room hehe... I ordered it online somewhere a while ago, probably a UK site though so I'm not sure where you'd look for one in Canada... :( It cost me about 50, which is about 90 Canadian dollars apparently, there are a few more colours of Spartan available too I think.

HMFC_Riley
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I love my H3 figures, my most-prized one is one of the 9.5" Master Chief models...

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/114802-5/tn_mc2+_11_.jpg

I have 8 of the McFarlane Toys figures too, and an 8" Hunter arriving soon... :)

I have to say that is very smart :)

CyanideBreathMint
04-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Does that mean you can get lots of free McFarlane toys? Best friends forever?! :D
Honestly, he was a bit of a douche 20 years ago so I can't imagine making millions each year now would have bought him some humility. ;)

I did contact him once though as a 'Hey, remember me?' email. He sent a few Spawn comics signed my way (or one of him many minions on his behalf I'm sure). This was years before he got into doing toys though.

Lord Chabelo
04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
DISCLAIMER: The ollowing is blatant self-promotion

For all you Halo collecting needs check out one of the sites I am the assistant admin for http://www.halocollectors.com/

True I Skill
04-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Is the banshee proportionate to MC or is it smaller? That would be awesome to have. That and a Scorpion...good stuff.

Yeah its arround the same size as the master cheif. Comes with a lil Alien, that goes inside it also,
Sorry took a while to reply, Dont come to the Genral Xbox360 section that much

Bearded Bugs
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I have to say that is very smart :)

Then get one! They're a good addition to a room. :)

Honestly, he was a bit of a douche 20 years ago so I can't imagine making millions each year now would have bought him some humility. ;)

I did contact him once though as a 'Hey, remember me?' email. He sent a few Spawn comics signed my way (or one of him many minions on his behalf I'm sure). This was years before he got into doing toys though.

Ahh I've never even seen a photo of him or anything, I just like his Halo toys. :D

If you used to be friends though you'd expect a little more awesome stuff than a couple signed comics surely?

CyanideBreathMint
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
If you used to be friends though you'd expect a little more awesome stuff than a couple signed comics surely?
Never were friends, just knew him through the same comic shop we both bought from years back.

Jamie Solo
04-14-2009, 12:23 AM
they've even went away from the genre of the game to revert to RTS just so they could milk there cow again.

The stuff I deleted is your opinion so I dont care, but technically by creating the RTS Halo has gone back to its roots as Halo: CE was going to be an RTS before they decided it was more of an FPS and went with that.

Anyway... I want the Halo figures but all I have is the one from the controller :(