PDA

View Full Version : Pitching

Crooklyn Banks
04-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Why the hell is it so hard to get a strikeout? I mean screw getting 25 K's, getting one should be an achievement, is there some way the pitching can be made easier? Or should I sell this game and hunt down every single person involved with the design of the pitching and send them to hell?

GrandChamp129
04-12-2009, 03:49 AM
change the pitching to classic where you use the buttons to pitch.

Crooklyn Banks
04-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I did, that's why I am pissed.

GrandChamp129
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM
you have to tap the button right at the last second right before the circle is about to close.

pokerpro619
04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Why the hell is it so hard to get a strikeout? I mean screw getting 25 K's, getting one should be an achievement, is there some way the pitching can be made easier? Or should I sell this game and hunt down every single person involved with the design of the pitching and send them to hell?
its alot easier when u get used to it but try using d-backs versus the rockies nd pitch wit webb i just did nd got 16k's before he got hurt after throwing the 1st pitch of the 8th

King 0f Kings
04-13-2009, 01:33 AM
I find it easy to strike people out and I don't even through balls.Don't just trow fastballs, use a bunch of pitches

Crooklyn Banks
04-13-2009, 02:27 AM
I find it easy to strike people out and I don't even through balls.Don't just trow fastballs, use a bunch of pitches

Great advice, no really, great advice.

Crooklyn Banks
04-13-2009, 02:31 AM
its alot easier when u get used to it but try using d-backs versus the rockies nd pitch wit webb i just did nd got 16k's before he got hurt after throwing the 1st pitch of the 8th

Okay, don't see how that will help but I'll give it a try.

pokerpro619
04-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Okay, don't see how that will help but I'll give it a try.
u hav 2 mix up the pitches nd never put them near the middle of the plate....every pitch try 2 aim for the corners nd work the outside corner...when you hav 2 strikes try curve balls nd sinkers that start on the corner nd drop out of the strikezone

Crooklyn Banks
04-13-2009, 04:04 AM
When I pitch should the ball be large or small?

Yankeefan1976
04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I like to start hitters off with a couple inside fastballs, then throw either a chane up or slider low and away, i seem to get a decent ammount of strikeouts this way.....

Muhnamana
04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
When I pitch should the ball be large or small?

Im trying to find out the same thing. For some reason pitching sucks this year.

GrandChamp129
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
you have to keep playing I struggled at the beginning just like you guys now I have every achievement.

Too.Sneaks
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
It's ridiculous, the computer hits EVERY ball and the umpire calls NOTHING. Seriously, I hit replay and see the ball cross between the letters and the knees and RIGHT in the middle of the white lines and nothing. I think in 3 days of playing, I've gotten maybe 5 called strikes.

GrandChamp129
04-16-2009, 01:43 AM
this is possible because some of you are throwing your breaking balls to low. When you throw a breaking ball at a spot it is where it will start to break not where the ball will end up after throwing it is that your problem?

Too.Sneaks
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
No no, I'm an actual pitcher in real life lol. I know the strike zone prrrrety well but this game is just ridiculous..and whenever I throw a strike.. BAM! Hit.
I can't get them out to save my life.

Bosox3
04-16-2009, 08:29 PM
The pitching was such a pain in the ass...that I put the game back in its case...listed it on ebay...bought a PS3 and MLB 09. :)
I actually went to the dark side and bought a PS3...(always been anti Sony too) ..just so I can play a GOOD baseball game.

GrandChamp129
04-17-2009, 01:27 AM
No no, I'm an actual pitcher in real life lol. I know the strike zone prrrrety well but this game is just ridiculous..and whenever I throw a strike.. BAM! Hit.

Are you holding the button down as long as possible so that you are getting the most out of your pitch?

Crooklyn Banks
04-17-2009, 10:42 PM

Finally, I am (was) catcher and i know how the strike zone works but I have tried holding down the button for the longest, but all that does is guarantee a ball. The only thing that has "worked" is just press the button lightly and press it again. It causes a small circle, but it has worked, kind of.

GrandChamp129
04-18-2009, 02:21 AM
If you hold it down as long as possible and press it again right before the circle closes you will get much more strikeouts. And if your going for all the strikeout achievements with your user profile you can use two controllers.

Evol Error
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
If you hold it down as long as possible and press it again right before the circle closes you will get much more strikeouts. And if your going for all the strikeout achievements with your user profile you can use two controllers.
Good tip ;)

GrandChamp129
04-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Good tip ;)

Thank you.

Firespearxxx
04-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I am like god at pitching. Start out with a low inside slider. Throw maybe a bit high mid plate fastball. Then throw a change-up or my favorite a knuckleball somewhere around outside away high or low. If you throw any balls just move to a different spot on the plate. I usually throw High/low left and right corners and either mid high or mid low and throw a breaking pitch. Never throw the same spot twice in a row. Never throw the same spot on the same batter with the same pitch they usually hit it the 2nd time. Oh and definitely throw in the dirt. Can't tell you how many times I throw a heater or a breaker down low and they swing and it bounces before it even makes the plate. Just some tips as to what I do

BostonFever
04-26-2009, 11:51 PM
How do you turn classic pitching on?

GrandChamp129
04-27-2009, 02:34 AM
How do you turn classic pitching on?

Start. Control Layout hit RB until it says classic.

Midnight Malice
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Use the catcher suggestions... seems like they have the inside edge report on the players and knows almost exactly what pitch to throw in the situation. I get 10-15 k's a game on Pro. Use pitchers with higher K's rating, and use LH pitchers vs LH lineups and RH vs RH lineups... that way the majority of your pitches break away from the batter, less likely they will hit it.

Or just make the entire teams contact rating 0.

GrandChamp129
04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
yep that's what I did do that and you'll be fine.

TheTree1918
04-29-2009, 03:35 PM
If you are an actual pitcher or catcher(like myself) then you SHOULD prefer the stick to piching with buttons, you get better feel, can place it WAY better and the ball goes were YOU want it.

it took me two weeks, but I can place beckett's 12-6 curve right on the strikezone top or bottom, and each corner witht he stick...it's an AMAZING strikeout pitch.