PDA

View Full Version : OXM Interview on Map Editor

kaotic
02-16-2006, 02:55 AM
here is part of the interview...

The popular editor that let you create your own multiplayer maps is of course returning in both new versions of Far Cry that are coming on Xbox and Xbox 360. "All features added are based on what the fans wanted", said producer Gadi Pollack. Among the new additions are a new brush and template set and a new gameplay mode - Seek and Secure - which puts the emphasis on strong team-based fun and is reminiscent of Call of Duty 2's Headqurters game type. The big news, however, is that Xbox 1 owners who've slaved over their maps in the original Far Cry Instincts won't have to start over. Xbox 1's Next Chapter will let you import your original maps and then use the editor's new features, such as ladders that automatically snap to towers, available mounted weapons, and five undo commands to erase mapmaking mistakes.

it will also have ziplines and tunnels...

Weapon 117
02-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Sweet!!! Can't wait for this game.

ianc125
02-27-2006, 05:00 AM
thats going to be awesome

Crash
02-27-2006, 02:50 PM
The map editor on FarCry for Xbox 1 was awesome. Every 1st person shooter needs a map editor, it helps add enjoyment to multiplayer, and you never have to worry about being "stuck" with only a few maps to choose from.

kaotic
02-28-2006, 01:11 AM
i loved the first one...i had over 300 custom maps downloaded and i made some but none of them were good.

scoobydiesel
03-14-2006, 11:25 AM
i cant wait to mess with this stuff, should be great, to bad we wont be able to sell maps for microsoft point...thatd be cool

Spitfirex007
04-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I wish they had a system were others could rate your map. It sucks when you download a map and find it its been thrown together half assed.