PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

ukko
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi there everybody

I am relatively new in xbox family :)
I would like to know if I can buy full games from xbox web page.
Secondly I would like to know how much is 180 xbox credits in normal money?

GrUnTxSKaTeR
04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Hello and welcome to the site! :)

No you can't buy games from the website, and 180 points is $2.25.
Heres a microsoft point converter incase you need one again. http://www.mspconverter.com/

KNUCKS x360a
04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hello there! :)

You can buy XB Arcade games, original Xbox games & Add+ons, through the Xbox.com site, but not full games.

Also 800 MS points is 6.80... (but i'm UK)

kevinbeck12713
04-13-2009, 01:20 AM
I wish i could buy full games from my house like that, but it's just too good to be true.

ukko
04-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Thank you for your comments! How about the game points coming from achievements? What are they helping with?
One other thing, the microsoft gold pack for xbox live, what can you do if you have the gold pack for 12 months? What does it include?
And last, how can I put my game card in the left side where I have the nickname here on the forum?

xBeLikeChris
04-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Thank you for your comments! How about the game points coming from achievements? What are they helping with?
One other thing, the microsoft gold pack for xbox live, what can you do if you have the gold pack for 12 months? What does it include?
And last, how can I put my game card in the left side where I have the nickname here on the forum?

-Achievement points are there mainly for bragging rights and sense of accomplishment.

-Having Xbox Live for 12 months and beyond doesn't give you any extra incentives other than the normal stuff you can get. Having gold means you can play online against other people, and can get all of the Marketplace content.

-That's already there for you. If you want your gamercard in your signature go to this site. http://www.mygamercard.net/

ukko
04-13-2009, 08:25 AM
-Achievement points are there mainly for bragging rights and sense of accomplishment.

-Having Xbox Live for 12 months and beyond doesn't give you any extra incentives other than the normal stuff you can get. Having gold means you can play online against other people, and can get all of the Marketplace content.

-That's already there for you. If you want your gamercard in your signature go to this site. http://www.mygamercard.net/

Thanks for the link!
So if I would have gold then I can download all the items available in the marketplace...that's cool.
I would like to get your opinion about some games. I want to buy some soon and I have couple of games in mind like: Half Life Orange box, The Bourne Conspiracy and Resident Evil 5, are these games a good choice?

(http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/%7Er334564/Robert-Ludlums-The-Bourne-Conspiracy/?s=bourne)

skel3t0n
04-13-2009, 08:49 AM
The bourne conspiracy is an excellent game, really under rated in my opinion. I havn't played Resident evil 5 and Orange box but ive heard they are also good games from friends.

ukko
04-13-2009, 09:16 AM
The bourne conspiracy is an excellent game, really under rated in my opinion. I havn't played Resident evil 5 and Orange box but ive heard they are also good games from friends.

Thanks! I think I will buy bourne, looks nice :)
Don't know much about the other 2.

Seany Show
04-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Well the Orange Box is such a bargain as it has five amazing games rolled into one box. Would definately recommend that. Also you can download some demos from the Marketplace for these games if you are unsure.

ApochWeiss
04-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Don 't listen to the people on here about that topic. Achievement points help with LOADS of things! With higher achievement points, you can obtain something people enjoy called E-POPULARITY! This also leads to you having bragging rights of how addicted and/or pathetic you've become!

And always be sure to tell the ladies you're gamerscore and how many achievements you've got. This also helps and unlocks a NEW real life achievement called "LIFE LONG VIRGIN" which guarantees you will never get laid again. But, the good news is, the bigger the gamerscore, the bigger your e-penis will be!

Just remember those key facts, and your E-EVERYTHING will grow in no time flat! You'll also quickly learn the joys many of us here experience when we hear that little boinging noise ont he screen and are rewarded for doing something in a game instead of going outside, exercising, or even going on a date!

:)

Welcom to the 360 family. May fortune smile on your e-penis.

ukko
04-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Don 't listen to the people on here about that topic. Achievement points help with LOADS of things! With higher achievement points, you can obtain something people enjoy called E-POPULARITY! This also leads to you having bragging rights of how addicted and/or pathetic you've become!

And always be sure to tell the ladies you're gamerscore and how many achievements you've got. This also helps and unlocks a NEW real life achievement called "LIFE LONG VIRGIN" which guarantees you will never get laid again. But, the good news is, the bigger the gamerscore, the bigger your e-penis will be!

Just remember those key facts, and your E-EVERYTHING will grow in no time flat! You'll also quickly learn the joys many of us here experience when we hear that little boinging noise ont he screen and are rewarded for doing something in a game instead of going outside, exercising, or even going on a date!

:)

Welcom to the 360 family. May fortune smile on your e-penis.

Thanks! Funny comment but don't worry, I am way over the life long virgin achievement ;)

ApochWeiss
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks! Funny comment but don't worry, I am way over the life long virgin achievement ;)

Haha ok, that's good. And yeah, I couldn't help myself. I'm on here mostly when I'm at work and...yeah...I get friggin' bored quick...haha

ukko
04-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Haha ok, that's good. And yeah, I couldn't help myself. I'm on here mostly when I'm at work and...yeah...I get friggin' bored quick...haha

No worries mate!
Any recommendation for some good games?
One more thing, what methods of payment they have on xbox official web page?

Kez
04-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Any recommendation for some good games?

For this one, check out the Games forum....new thread for this pops up every day or so, gets ALOT of recommendations for Halo 3 and Gears of War 2...which are good, but everyone always seems to overlook Prey. It's been out a while, so you can probably pick it up really cheap (it's like $7 here).

ukko
04-14-2009, 07:49 AM
For this one, check out the Games forum....new thread for this pops up every day or so, gets ALOT of recommendations for Halo 3 and Gears of War 2...which are good, but everyone always seems to overlook Prey. It's been out a while, so you can probably pick it up really cheap (it's like $7 here).

Thanks for that!
Do you know anything good about Wheelman?

demiesta
04-14-2009, 08:10 AM
heey,

i just both a new harddrive (120GB), but how can i transfure all my save's and my add-on's from my old harddrive to my new one???

0o0 ALEX 0o0
04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
you need to order a transfer cable from Microsoft to transfer the data just search "data migration kit" on the official site if not ring them up. It takes about 10 days for delivery.

XxDarkMaster1xX
04-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that!
Do you know anything good about Wheelman?

Wheelman Is a very good game but the missions are a lil repetitive(Go here,steal that,shoot that guy) but the story is long and the intense car battles are awesome.I'd say give it a rent and see how you feel.

ukko
04-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Wheelman Is a very good game but the missions are a lil repetitive(Go here,steal that,shoot that guy) but the story is long and the intense car battles are awesome.I'd say give it a rent and see how you feel.

Rent? That would be good :D

I have a list here, which one you should I choose?
-Fable II
-Gears of War 2
-Halo Wars
-Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
-Viva Pinata 1, 2 and 3
-Crackdown