PDA

View Full Version : Where to sell used games?

Rigaderchi
04-12-2009, 10:58 PM
What's the best online store(USA) to use to sell used games?

Contrah
04-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Play n Trade is ok in my opinion
Not to fond of gamestop.

skel3t0n
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
You are pretty much guaranteed to get a better price selling on eBay than any in-store trade in.

Squirt Me Goo
04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I used to always trade my games but i have now decided to start collecting them instead

G Money33
04-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I have quite a few old games that I would like to sell but I can never find anywhere that gives me more than $10 even if the game is relatively new. eBay is definitely the way to go or you could find a friend who would be willing to buy it for a little under store price.

rvlution
04-13-2009, 03:24 AM
I prefer Amazon over Ebay. I wish I had always sold and bought games on Amazon because you get so much more for less.

MitchRoy
04-13-2009, 05:03 AM
For a quick and dirty trade in, I heard that Blockbusters give pretty good credit for most games...

CyanideBreathMint
04-13-2009, 05:19 AM
For the best cash value: Craigslist.

newbsicle
04-13-2009, 05:43 AM
I think someone mentioned criagslist and I would agree with that. You could sell a bundle to someone in your area at a reasonable price.

MrMario2011
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Craigslist and eBay are always good. If you wanna go to a store though, avoid chains like Hastings and GameStop, as they give you the worst values. Tend to go to LOCAL game stores, as they'll always give you the best deals.

Juzt Skillz
04-13-2009, 02:46 PM
You are pretty much guaranteed to get a better price selling on eBay than any in-store trade in.

I agree it looks like eBay is the only place you can get how much you want for it.

Lord Chabelo
04-13-2009, 03:02 PM
For a quick and dirty trade in, I heard that Blockbusters give pretty good credit for most games...

Blockbuster had REALY good prices, but with them flirting with bankrupcy their trade in prices have gone down the crapper.

supadryz
04-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Ebay all the way. you will get more money for your games.

DigitalFury
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Newbury Comics gives decent trade in values and tyhey don't fuck you if you ask for cash like GameStop does.

Squirt Me Goo
04-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Newbury Comics gives decent trade in values and tyhey don't fuck you if you ask for cash like GameStop does.
Ye i took in RE5 to trade just to see how much i got for the Limited Edition one and it was 24 trade and 13 CASH and the cheeky fucks were sellin it for 40 second hand 27 profit pffft become a collector

stevanov
04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
ebay (there's ebay in the usa right? :P)

YungMoney313
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Not Gamestop.
I use Craiglist or eBay.

Keenan Sandwich
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
i used to do gamestop until i realized how dumb of me that was.
now i just keep games, or sell them to people if i really don't like the game.
that way u get cash and more than what gamestop would give u.

duckydan
04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I use ebay, craigslist, and occasionaly when I can beat their system, Gamestop.

(Ex: their special trade in 6 games get 40% more, trade in 6 games each worth a trade in of $25 + 10% for having their edge card and that is $225 in credit ($37.50 each... not bad for a game that I usually get for $40 off ebay or amazon)

Admiral Axtell
04-15-2009, 01:54 AM
www.goozex.com
amazing to trade games on.
It works like this; you offer your games on the site as either disc only, disc + Maunal, or Full package and you get a que in line and hell you might even be the first person sometimes depending on the number of people that are also requesting that game and each game is assigned a certain number of points. Once you get a match on a game you can then send out your game to that person (their adress is revealed to you after you get a match with them) and you send it off, they give you either positive, neutral or negative feedback depending on what condition the game is in, and you get your points for the game which you can then redeem for other games it is sweeeeet. and if you have more questions go to the site and read about how it works and stuff.
and if your feeling extra generous when you sign up in the refferrer section... please put mah name down if you are feeling nice, it will only take a sec :woop:

alexandr4872
04-15-2009, 02:03 AM
www.goozex.com (http://www.goozex.com)
amazing to trade games on.
It works like this; you offer your games on the site as either disc only, disc + Maunal, or Full package and you get a que in line and hell you might even be the first person sometimes depending on the number of people that are also requesting that game and each game is assigned a certain number of points. Once you get a match on a game you can then send out your game to that person (their adress is revealed to you after you get a match with them) and you send it off, they give you either positive, neutral or negative feedback depending on what condition the game is in, and you get your points for the game which you can then redeem for other games it is sweeeeet. and if you have more questions go to the site and read about how it works and stuff.
and if your feeling extra generous when you sign up in the refferrer section... please put mah name down if you are feeling nice, it will only take a sec :woop:

Couldn't agree more, Goozex is the way to go if you want to get the most for your used games. But if everything else fails you can always put them up on Ebay for a quick buck. Stay away from GameStop.

EOU Findub
04-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Goozex has always been quality, especially when I used it. Sometimes the wait times are a little long, but the points are always in your "bank" or whatever.

A HUGE DISCLAIMER: If you are going to use craigslist, only offer for local pickup. The scammers on that site are ridiculous in numbers. I had two contact me to buy a 360 in a matter of days. They offered $100 the listing price to send it to NJ and Africa. Needless to say, they tried to fake a PayPal "confirmation" site. If I didn't know how PayPal worked, I would have gotten screwed and been $200.00 lighter.

Rugger X
04-15-2009, 03:58 AM
I would definitely avoid gamestop, my friend always trades in his games there and it always takes between 4-6 games just to get 1 new one, not a very good deal if you ask me.

Teh BeZ
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
keep them like me !!!! I really have no idea why I keep them though lol