PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Rep Question...

Steveknowsyou
04-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Hello all, I'm pretty new to the world of XBOX 360 and I have a question regarding the Reputation system on Xbox Live.

I know that a players rep increases as positives reviews are submitted by other players - I have beenn playing on Live for about a month and a half and my repuatation has stayed at 3 stars. Ive checked and there are no negative reviews so I don't supose anyone could shed some light onto why my reputation isn't going up.

Sorry if it's an impossible question and thank you for any information given, :).

kevinbeck12713
04-13-2009, 12:51 AM
The only way for your rep to go up is for somebody to send a positive review of you. Most people only review other players when they DON'T prefer them, so give it some time. I'm sure you'll meet somebody who will prefer you and give you positive feedback.

Nightbeam
04-13-2009, 12:56 AM
I never played online when I first joined, but I got a lot of gamerscore.

Iunno, I am thinking more or less DON'T get negative rep, or get a lot of gamerscore :X

roy1751
04-13-2009, 05:04 AM
It's easy. Play some Halo 3 or COD4 and you will make lots of friends very quickly without even trying. Everytime you add a friend, leave them positive rep, and ask that they do the same for you. After a dozen or so feedbacks you should be at 5 stars, and will probably never think about rep again.

Steveknowsyou
04-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Hmmmm, its a tricky one because I have actually played quite alot of people and asked to exchange positive reviews afterwards so I should be approaching 12 or so by now. It was just something that was on my mind really.

Thanks for replying yall!

Contrah
04-13-2009, 10:37 AM
You should get a couple of good reviews every week, so in time, you should be getting 5 stars.

Dragon's Heart
04-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello all, I'm pretty new to the world of XBOX 360 and I have a question regarding the Reputation system on Xbox Live.

I know that a players rep increases as positives reviews are submitted by other players - I have beenn playing on Live for about a month and a half and my repuatation has stayed at 3 stars. Ive checked and there are no negative reviews so I don't supose anyone could shed some light onto why my reputation isn't going up.

Sorry if it's an impossible question and thank you for any information given, :).

My rep got stuck at like 4 1/2 stars...Everybody on my friends list left me positive feedback and it just would not budge...I didn't finally get the full 5 stars until they did the update for the new experience stuff...

dakisbac
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
First and foremost: the rep system on Live is completely useless. Nothing happens to people with dangerously low rep, giving good/bad feedback doesn't change your likelihood of getting matched up with them again, and the 5 stars you want will come about randomly.

I don't even think a week had passed when I went up to 5 stars, and I doubt people left good rep, it doesn't happen all too often unless you ask. Everyone starts at 100% preferred which doesn't really make sense especially if no one has left feedback on you either way. Bad feedback lowers your percentage obviously and good feedback does raise it a little, although not by as much. You could alternate giving someone good, then bad, then good, etc and watch their % go down overall.

That all said, don't worry about reaching 5 stars. EVERYONE reaches it eventually, and it takes a hell of a lot to get it knocked down (I know people 80% avoided that still have all 5). Don't pester people to give you good rep, just playing with them and not getting bad rep will work towards your stars.

Steveknowsyou
04-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Thnaks once more for the comments - I do not see the rep as the be all, end all of the Xbox world but it was just something I was curious to know about really. I'm sure the 5 will come in time.

AssassinIlusion
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
The Rep system is more supposed to be a depiction of how the person even if its not accurate.I have gotten negative rep like cursing and unsportsmanlike conduct.Every friend has never heard me curse at someone and some kids give you negative rep like the unsportsmanlike conduct when you beat them really badly.I got a lot of negative rep through chromehounds were you used to get bad rep for destroying the base even if it was a legal strategy.

I give bad rep if a guy on battlefield has -200 points for constantly killing team mates for unsportsmanlike conduct just to hope to affect me not having to play with them again.

Filing complaints is something that can hurt you and it should only be used for extremes that are listed in the section as options.

Mr Random Hero
04-13-2009, 12:22 PM
I've got 2 complaints about trash talking through not using my mic which I find pretty amusing. Maybe was playing with psychics who could hear me anyway :p

Mr Magic
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I would suggest just to ask all your firends to prefer you. Most people you don't know will only give you bad feedback. But in my case, I have never had any problem with rep. Some people get worried that too many people gave them bad feedback and their worried that they will get banned or something. It never happened to me and I only have like 40% perferred. And never asked my friends to do it. I wouldn't worry though man, just get 5 stars then forget about it.

skatemore
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Autistic Weeeny:

24% people prefered you
76% avoided you
5 star rep

Haha. How do they choose you stars because it seems I should only have one or two stars?

Tomscfc
04-13-2009, 10:15 PM
i've got 98% avoided me and yet i have NEVER spoke on live before as i'm always in party with friends etc. and most of the stuff is for trash talking! WTF?! i don't know why you even care about this rep rubbish...just pointless!

Kez
04-14-2009, 12:48 AM
I try to look at the profile for everyone I play with and anyone who's not at 5 stars, i just hit the prefer player option...takes a REALLY annoying ass for me to choose to avoid them, mostly just hit the mute button and move on. So far I've got 2 negative feedback...both listed as unsporting...I know the first one was for beating a teammate with a baseball bat in Saints Row 2 for around 5 minutes straight..but he should NOT have blown up my car with his rocket launcher.....I assume the 2nd one is for something I did in Quantum of Solace...those guys hated my proximity mines.

stevanov
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
the whole reputation thing is useless, it just gives you some stars, thats all...

cerialthriller
04-14-2009, 04:58 PM
the rep system is broken, I left some guy with 4 stars a negative review for quitting out early in NHL 09 and like 5 seconds later he had 5 stars. I have 5 stars on my profile but have like around 50% avoidance (for quitting out in NHL09 when i get matched against glitchers).

Xedoss
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Like some others mentioned before. The only thing that annoys me about the rep thing is if someone gives me a negative rep for beating them.

I also got about two for quiting early, but those are fair and I don't mind getting neg. rep for those. I quit on Streetfighter 4 during a few games with severe lag and so I don't want to play with them again either :P.