PDA

View Full Version : Serious Problem Please Help

Chris764
04-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Ok guys so I turned on my xbox and I got one flashing light in the lower right quadrant and an error message saying "E 68".So I went to xbox.com/support and I found out that E 68 is the code for a Hard drive failure.My problem is EVERYTHING is on my hard drive but what I'm mainly worried about is my saves.I just want to know if there is any way that I can save them because I know I can just recover my GT and redownload everything else.So someone please tell me theres a way to save them.Thanks.

ApochWeiss
04-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I hate to say it, but, as far as I know you're screwed...I got it once before, but that was because my hard drive wasn't plugged in all the way. Try messing around with it a bit and see. If you have a hard drive you can plug the chords into and just transfer stuff over to a new hard drive, that MAY save you, but I don't know if it will or not. Sorry man.

Jdm
04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I hate to say it, but, as far as I know you're screwed...I got it once before, but that was because my hard drive wasn't plugged in all the way. Try messing around with it a bit and see. If you have a hard drive you can plug the chords into and just transfer stuff over to a new hard drive, that MAY save you, but I don't know if it will or not. Sorry man.

You might want to pray that your entire HDD is not corrupted. If it is, most likely ALL your saves on that HDD is corrupted as well and you will not be able to use any transfer tools to move your saves onto another HDD. I wish you the best.

Chris764
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Shit man this sucks.I do have another 20 gig hard drive but I don't have a data transfer kit.I have the serial #'s for my last two 360's do you guys know if I can just use those numbers to fill out the form to get a free data transfer kit?(Both the 360's are premium systems not elites).Also does anyone know if buying a memory card would help me with this problem?

Evil Demon55
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Get another xbox and get the data transfer kit or something, just transfer the data over and i would assume it to be good again.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
That sucks, hopefully everything goes according to plan to fix it.

Jdm
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Shit man this sucks.I do have another 20 gig hard drive but I don't have a data transfer kit.I have the serial #'s for my last two 360's do you guys know if I can just use those numbers to fill out the form to get a free data transfer kit?(Both the 360's are premium systems not elites).Also does anyone know if buying a memory card would help me with this problem?

Sorry to say, but that won't work. The Migration Kit form requires both the Pro/Premium console ID and the Elite console ID. I guess there's no harm in trying.

Also, thee Migration Kit can only be used on transferring data from a 20GB HDD to a 60 or 120GB HDD.

As for buying a MC, you can use it to transfer your data back and fourth between consoles, but it'll take forever. Granted that your game saves are not corrupted, a MC might not even serve any purpose.

If all else fails, you may want to look into this product:

Amazon.com: Transfer Kit for Xbox 360: Video Games

This Transfer Kit allows you to transfer ALL data from your HDD to your computer.

Camps001
04-13-2009, 10:52 PM
i got the lower right flashing light but a different error E.74

Norman Coxwell
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I lost everything when that happened to me. Never went back and finished Assassian's Creed. Sucks a lot.

I do believe you can recover your GT but I'm not sure. I keep my GT on my memory card.

Jdm
04-13-2009, 11:24 PM
i got the lower right flashing light but a different error E.74

The notorious E74 is most likely associated with the GPU being loose from the board or being defective.

I lost everything when that happened to me. Never went back and finished Assassian's Creed. Sucks a lot.

I do believe you can recover your GT but I'm not sure. I keep my GT on my memory card.

With the correct info, you can always recover your tag.;)

Chris764
04-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Well thanks for all your help guys I'm gonna try to get a data transfer kit and see if that works.I'll let you guys know if it does(fingers crossed).

T0b3
04-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, DATEL XSATA/XPORT would be the only solution for this problem. It's easy to copy all data to your computer and vice versa.

I wish you the best of luck!

B18A1
04-14-2009, 01:20 AM
did you try simply removing the HDD, checking the connections for dirt, and replacing it? i got that error a couple times with my first xbox (the first time i turned it on, actually. among other times). all i had to do was remove and replace the HDD and it worked for me.

Chris764
04-14-2009, 02:51 AM
yeah man trust me I tried that like 25 times and made sure everything else was plugged in correctly.I wish the solution was that simple:(

B18A1
04-14-2009, 12:00 PM
alright man, just making sure. i've seen stranger instances where people somehow overlooked the easiest, most obvious solution to a problem.

i wouldn't imagine your HDD data is corrupted. i've had certain save files get corrupted on me before (GHII) but it seems unlikely that everything on the HDD would be. it seems more likely to me that there may be an issue with the drive itself. although, again, i've seen stranger things happen. in any case, good luck. hopefully you don't lose your saves, because it suuuuuucks to have to start a game over because of a lost save. i can't imagine having to start them ALL over.