PDA

View Full Version : Gamerpic glitch?

MrMario2011
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
So one of my friends at school has a gamerpic on his profile, but I have NO idea what it is. I thought it was just my Xbox since my GoW2 Co-op achievement gamerpic is glitched. When loading the gamerpics my friends have, his takes the longest to load, but it's always something different, sometimes not even gamerpics! Sometimes it's another person's gamerpic, sometimes it's even an achievement picture! The other night it showed as the original Xbox gamerpic and in the lower left quarter of the pic, was MY gamerpic! I know he's not changing his pic, and like I said it ALWAYS changes every time I look at it and half of the "gamerpics" aren't even possible to get. Today another friend at school asked me about this guy's gamerpic and what was up with it, then he told me he asked someone in Canada about it and this guy apparently says it's a hack. I checked out the pic on Xbox.com, and it says that it's from Xbox LIVE Event Registrations, and the pic itself is like a movie thing with a 1 on it. My manager at my store put this pic on the store Xbox and was telling me that at the store it showed blank, but when he got home and looked at the store account on HIS Xbox, he was able to see it. If anyone knows anything about this, please share.

B18A1
04-13-2009, 09:40 PM
i don't know why, but the same thing happens to me. one of my friends' gamerpic is something different every time i look at it, and once it was even my pic. sometimes it's an achievement pic, or another random thing. another friends' pic is just the avatar outline, even though he has a pic up on his profile, it hasn't been showing. it all started with the most recent Live update, so i blame it on that. there always seems to be a couple stupid problems with each new update.

Blue Radium
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Your friend is using his vision camera to take a picture that he then uses as his gamer picture. Remember how before the NXE came out, people would have vision camera pictures of themselves as their gamer pictures? You can take a picture of literally anything by holding it up to the camera, using it as your new picture.

SynysterMonkey
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Well that gamer picture is flawed anyways. I forgot how to get it up and running. But it's just like the cover art, Marcus holding the COG tags and Dom right behind him.

gamerguy69
04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Uhhhh . . . so have you asked this "friend"?

lilluke13
04-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Wow that is.......Very weird :/

MrMario2011
04-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I'll probably ask him tomorrow, but B18A1 knows what I'm talking about. Also with that gamerpic with only the outline of an avatar, when you first make your avatar don't make a gamerpic, then when you edit your profile you can choose that gamerpic. However, you can ONLY do this before you make a picture for your avatar. Once you take a picture, you can't delete it and your account has no chance of getting that outline gamerpic. It's a funny thing to have, but it doesn't look good or cool, so it's not really anything you're missing out on.

B18A1
04-14-2009, 01:15 AM
I'll probably ask him tomorrow, but B18A1 knows what I'm talking about. Also with that gamerpic with only the outline of an avatar, when you first make your avatar don't make a gamerpic, then when you edit your profile you can choose that gamerpic. However, you can ONLY do this before you make a picture for your avatar. Once you take a picture, you can't delete it and your account has no chance of getting that outline gamerpic. It's a funny thing to have, but it doesn't look good or cool, so it's not really anything you're missing out on.

no, i was at the guys house the other day, and he has a picture of his avatar set as his gamerpic, but it doesn't show up on anyone's xbox (confirmed by another friend of ours). it's the strangest thing. he changed his gamer pic one day after the new Live update, and that's when it changed to the outline. and as far as the camera being used for the strange constantly changing pic, that's certainly not the case. the guy who's pic keeps changing (in my case at least) has no camera. it's just messing up all the time. it literally changes every time i look at my friends list. it's way messed up.

MrMario2011
04-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I asked him today and he said "It's a secret." He has also told everyone else this too. I KNOW he's not changing it himself since as I said, it ALWAYS changes, even when he's offline! It's probably not a hack as I know this guy doesn't have any hacking tools or knows much about it, but if anyone has any info on this, let me know!

B18A1
04-15-2009, 02:29 AM
yeah, i know for a fact that the guy on my list whose gamerpic seems to be glitching out didn't do anything himself. he's a complete dummy. like, a REALLY dumb guy. he barely even got his Live account set up in the first place. he's not very tech savvy, so i know he's not hacking anything. the guy can barely spell his own name. lol

DENAz666
04-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Ok all this talk about "my friend this, and my friend that" really isn't helping us. Why don't you just give us his GT so we can look for ourselves? I'm very skeptical

UndyingRathian
04-15-2009, 04:38 AM
i remember this exact glitch thing was in a thread somewhere its a glitched gamerpic that you had to buy and it would corrupt but u can still use it as a gamerpic but its freakin glitchy as hell i think the xbox tries to locate the pic and instead uses whatever it finds first

Evil Demon55
04-15-2009, 04:42 AM
maybe he is a gay fish?

Not sure what the problemm is... id assume vision camera.

GhOsT SLaYeR
04-15-2009, 04:42 AM
i dk about that glitch but my friends gamerpic doesn't load for me, so when i look at it its just blank, every1 else can see it... =\

A Meat Pie
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah, it happens to me all the time whenever I'm comparing games with people. Gamertiles are mixed up, or just don't show up at all. Nothing really to worry about.

iKiddo
04-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Its the glitched Gears 2 Picture.

gamerguy69
04-15-2009, 09:57 AM
i remember this exact glitch thing was in a thread somewhere its a glitched gamerpic that you had to buy and it would corrupt but u can still use it as a gamerpic but its freakin glitchy as hell i think the xbox tries to locate the pic and instead uses whatever it finds first

Now try saying all that in one breath using your Ralphie Wiggum ("The Simpsons") voice. :p

Tenacious
04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Same exact thing happened to me.. when I looked at 2 of my friends on xbox.com, they had the EXACT SAME avatar gamerpic. I'd go to click on my 2nd friend's name and it'd take to my 1st friend's profile. It was very odd :|

Also, when I finally got through the the 2nd guy's profile, it had all the 1st guy's profile information on it, including gamerscore :O

MrMario2011
04-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Well I didn't want to give you his tag, but I might just make a video and upload it onto here later.

XPL1C1T GAM3R
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
it happens with someone on my friends list and my friends fl and it dus it for evryone not just me it changes wenever it has to load up

MrMario2011
04-17-2009, 02:10 PM
I got the video recorded 1 or 2 days ago, I should upload it and link it on here later today.

IZI SNiiPEZ IZI
04-18-2009, 02:15 AM
It was a get it whilst it is there gamerpic. I have it myself what it does it will steal someone elses gamerpic/achievement pic/or combines pics its name was something like get it before its gone was availabe for like 1 day lol its pretty cool cept the 100 messages going omg how do you do that could you please tell me xD

LH Cerberus
04-18-2009, 03:14 AM
It was a get it whilst it is there gamerpic. I have it myself what it does it will steal someone elses gamerpic/achievement pic/or combines pics its name was something like get it before its gone was availabe for like 1 day lol its pretty cool cept the 100 messages going omg how do you do that could you please tell me xD

yes i had this gamerpic for 2 days in my gamertag, its pretty lol when your friendlist shot u a message after message: how u can use the picture from the Insane Achievement from GoW 2, or another cool achievement-pic :Bounce:

Skeletor
04-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I asked him today and he said "It's a secret." He has also told everyone else this too. I KNOW he's not changing it himself since as I said, it ALWAYS changes, even when he's offline! It's probably not a hack as I know this guy doesn't have any hacking tools or knows much about it, but if anyone has any info on this, let me know!

LOL, *Facepalm* at your friend trying to sound cool.

Trust me, your friend had no idea this was going on until either you, or somebody else pointed it out to him. I know this because this same thing has happened to me specifically.

I had some extra MS points and bought a "Command and Conquer Kane's Wrath" picture pack. It would not matter which pic I used from the pack, my Gamer picture would change on a minute to minute basis according to my friends. Anytime I would check to see my pic it was always the same, though. I would see Kane, but my friends would see their Gamer pic, partial achievement pics, pretty much anything that wasn't the picture that I chose.

And this was all pre-NXE, so anyone who thinks it has to do with the NXE, it doesn't. In the end, I can't give you an exact answer as to why it happens, because I never bothered calling Xbox and dealing with their incompetent asses. If you have ever had to call Xbox, you know there is no way those CS reps would have any idea as to what I was talking about.
I ended up just switching to another pic, and finally I've stuck with one of my Mass Effect pics, which I dig very much.

Your friend is just trying to sound cool, seriously, just call him on it. There's a chance he won't admit it, but, he's lying. This is apparently just some weird glitch with certain Gamer pics and ultimately you'd probably have to call Xbox to get an answer, but good luck with that if you do!