PDA

View Full Version : E 74 proliferation

Bolt
04-14-2009, 12:21 AM
I've just gotten the E74 error, which I've been hearing is becoming like a new Rrod. I just wanted to put up a poll to see if it's as widespread as everyone says.

bosInFusioN
04-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Never had any troubles with my xbox, though I recently upgraded to an elite for shits n giggles. We'll see how that works out :p

Jdm
04-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Indeed it has been widespread as of recent. There are literally tons of discussions about this topic alone.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah, I just got that error and I finally sent mine back like last week hopefully I'll get it soon...

On an Off topic here how come Microsoft Support does not ship boxes to you anymore?

T0b3
04-14-2009, 01:07 AM
My motherboard was screwed a few weeks ago. But I neither had a RoD nor the E74. Hopefully, it will stay this way.

Gun-Nut
04-14-2009, 01:47 AM
First time I lost my 360 was to the E74 error but luckily was still under the first year warranty so was free to sort out :D

But a week back I got the 3 Red Rings :(

MANILAGORILLA89
04-14-2009, 02:12 AM
I got E74 about two weeks ago. I should be getting my 360 back in a week or two now.

Cerberus1880
04-14-2009, 02:31 AM
My gf got it within a couple of months of getting her console. Ive never had a problem with my consoles - except the RROD I got after a power surge.

scarface
04-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I've had my 360 red ring a couple of times but I've haven't had the E74 error yet. You can guarantee that it will break when I haven't got the money to get it fixed.

Blue Radium
04-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Here is my story, which definitely leads me to believe this is some sort of hardware problem. My friend told me that, with the recent uprising in E74 errors, that an update messed with the way the xbox reads the red ring of death error, and puts it up as the E74 error, which Microsoft doesn't cover under warranty. I can't say this is for sure, but it does make sense. Microsoft has a huge complex reserved entirely for fixing faulty systems. They have to spend millions upon millions to fix their screw up in employee and hardware costs, and they wanted to reduce that cost.

Seeing as I had no more warrently, we took my xbox apart, and did what I assumed was basic red ring fixing precedures. He had done it to 4 other xboxs, even his own, fixing them without a problem. Well, mine didn't get fixed. Instead, we transformed my E74 error into the red ring of death, which is covered under warrenty. I'm going to try to send it in, even with the magical sticker of magicalness no longer all rainbowy and such (it is now more of a silver sticker... I don't know how they do it.) I'm hoping the metality will be get this guy to shut the hell up, send him a refurbished xbox. I've heard of it happening before.

Mycatisbigfoot
04-14-2009, 06:05 AM
I brought my black xbox to eb games ( as i knew it was dying and then the guy was testing it, and he put it this strange game (i think a hard ware test disk and then the fucking thing got red ring, i told the guy to reset it then it gave him a e74 code, and he told me i could not get a new one, well from all of my nintendo stuff i got 375$ and then i got gh wt (band kit and an arcade, and my black 360 is starting to work, XD

xBeLikeChris
04-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Me and my brother have a combined 5 Xboxes that have gotten Red Rings. We each have one, plus a third lying around that doesn't work. I've called Xbox so many times over the last 4 years, they know my address.