Capture Cards

Retained

Hey, I need help with Capture cards.

I am currently trying to make video tutorials on how to complete missions/get achievements/secrets and all that crap for things.

So I need a capture card.

What are some good capture cards?

And what else will I need?

Where can I get a capture card? (preferably stores, I don't like purchasing online)

Can I get one without spending a hundred bucks on crap?

people reading your post might struggle to understand how you might have the video editing skills to make tutorials, yet not know how to use a forum search feature...

Dude, just shut up..

Anyway,

I have a capture card and use it for the very same reason that you want to. I would say the most popular capture cards are the Dazzle capture cards. If you want to recorder in HD then there is some other brands but they aren't cheap and come at $100+.

Usually you will need 1 set of A/V cables, 3 RCA splitters (depending on your setup) and of course the capture card itself.

To be honest with you dude, i am not sure where to get capture cards in the states, i live in the UK and i purchased mine off of eBay for a reasonable price along with all the wires and splitters and it came to just under $100. If you did find a shop which sells them then i doubt it would come to anything under $100 for all of the equipment.

If you need any help on anything else capture card related then just ask me dude, I'll try and help best i can.

Yeah Dazzle are the best. I'm guessing you could find some on Amazon.com, seeing as Amazon.co.uk has quite a few capture cards in stock. You also need 3 splitters and an A/V cable, as mentioned above.

A decent Dazzle comes to about £50, so thats, I dunno, $70 or something. So you should be able to get a -$100 Capture Card setup.

Good luck. :)

If you can't find a Dazzle then some DVD Player/Recorders do the same, but only some.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5H_2l8bAKE&feature=related]YouTube - Dishwasher: Dead Samurai - Peter Moore achievement.[/ame]

This was captured with a DVD recorder, if you want to know.

As far as prices go, it's also about Morals.

If you don't mind a little bit of piracy here and there, (which I do not condone in anyway) you can download Pinnacle Studio 12 and buy a cheap "Dazzle DVD Recorder" which set me back just £29.99 from Amazon.

Whereas if you don't want to pirate (which is the correct answer) then you would need to get the Dazzle Platinum which is £49.99 from Amazon.

You also will need 3 RCA Splitter which have 2 female to 1 male.

Finally you will need a Xbox 360 Component / S-Video cable and a spare RCA to RCA cable.

well like everyone has said, the dazzle is a great one to buy. Go to best buy if there is one near your home. I use the dazzle and have never had a problem, also pinnacle studio 12 is so easy to use for editing and making videos. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfrh3RFruFg&fmt=18]YouTube - SOW MOVIE HQ[/ame] is a video I have created using the dazzle, just in case you wanted to see what it looks like. Everyone has said to use rca splitters and av cables. Well I have invested in the Blitz Cast/ Blitz Box. It makes everything very easy to set up, since I like playing in HD but I have to record with s-video. But if you wanna know how I set everything up in better detail just hit me up on live.

Make sure to watch it HQ, just click on the HQ button

Edited by SOW Camoflauge

Well you cant go wrong with anything from Dazzle. I got mine for only $20 off of ebay and it works fine.

As for the setup, I have mine running through a VCR. The capture card uses USB to connect to the computer. I have my 360 connected to the VCR (input), VCR connected to the television then an extra RCA cable used to connect the VCR (output) to the capture card.

I dont think its not such a big deal which capture device you use, I think its more about the settings you use to record and edit with. I dont know much about it all though, I hardly use mine.

A good Dazzle will go about 90 buck and your not going to end up spending less than $100 if you want sound on your videos and depending on your t.v it will end up costing even more.

Sound won't really be an "issue" as I would be doing tutorials and I would be talking 90% of the time.

I dont mean to thread jack or dig up a old thread but.. i cannot capture sound on my capture card. i have a internal card and my audio comes from an audio card, not from the motherboard input. Can anyone help?

Well I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you saying you have an internal capture card. And how do you have all of your cables set up.

I will wait for you to answer. But in the mean time, it shouldn't matter if you have an audio card. Maybe you just don't have things set up right. You can hit me up on live and I will help or just message in the thread.