PDA

View Full Version : The Next Godfather

DFB 1708
04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
This has nothing to do about TGF(The GodFather) II, and it hasn't been said that there is going to be GF(GodFather) III..

I was wondering what everyone is expecting of TGF... And what they would like it to be, what to hope its going to be :)..

My Expectation:
Is that is going to be plain old New York City.. Again.. With extra features, like maybe degrading your man instead of killing 'em etc.. But after TGF II I think there isn't going to be just 3 cities (New York, Miami (Florida), Cuba), but more, something like 5-6 place or simply places that have become expanded..

My Hopes:
Is that its going to be played back in the old country.. I assume everyone knows where the old country is and what its name is. If not it is Sicily which is a part of Italy located in Europe. I mean Sicily you hear things about it in the movie and in the game and its the place Maffia started, if Wiki is right which I think they are if not I don't care. Just playing TGF where it is expanding into Europe to start in Sicily and take it over like 3 towns or 1.. The cutscene with Michael who is at this point still alive :evil laugh:. That you need to go further into Italy/Europe so you get to some dock thats close to Sicily but on the main land and extort places there and there like in Rome, Milan, a lot of other cities and of course the town where you come after leaving the ship.. And as the new Xbox will be there by then I suspect the disc space will go up, leaving extra room for more creations, eg. even better graphics and more places to extort etc..
But then again since TGF had thing of the movie and so did TGF II I watched (a piece of) the movie after finishing the game and well some things got twisted like the end since in the movie Michael forgives him instead of ending his live. And in the film there is Frank Pentageli, Don of NYC, and he wants to kill the Rosato brothers and there is the C-Note.
So I do not even think by far this is going to happen, but if it happens in the movie who knows.. And who knows there isn't going to be a TGF IV..

MK English Jash
04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
hope they bring out a new one

DFB 1708
04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
hope they bring out a new one
Thats what everyone hopes :D.
But I know for 90% sure it is going to be there, thanks to the fact there are 3 parts of the movie, to my opinion that is enough since they still take stuff from the movies. :).

Everyone = Me :)

XxDarkMaster1xX
04-14-2009, 05:08 PM
They'll probably go forward in time like in the films and the places might be New York,France or Italy.

BulletMagnet Uk
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Slightly off topic:

You only watched the film (or part of) after you had played the game? I have been a huge Godfather fan for years, watched them first when i was really young and must have seen them 10+ times each. Thats what makes me a fan of the games. I mean its not for the graphics or gameplay lol. The game is quite honestly a shoddy piece of work, but has made it into my game collection soley on my love of the Godfather world.

Back on topic:

A 3rd game would be great. Being EA its also a near definite thing lol.
I would like it to follow the films more closely: therefore the 3rd game would involve the family trying to go legitimate in its business operations in the US but being forced back to the old ways through events in Sicily. I wont mention the events or anything more so as not to spoil the films for anyone wishing to watch them.

FYC Punker
04-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I dont know but 3rd one better last me longer then 3 days :mad:

I mean the first game took me 3 weeks!!

DFB 1708
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Slightly off topic:

You only watched the film (or part of) after you had played the game? I have been a huge Godfather fan for years, watched them first when i was really young and must have seen them 10+ times each. Thats what makes me a fan of the games. I mean its not for the graphics or gameplay lol. The game is quite honestly a shoddy piece of work, but has made it into my game collection soley on my love of the Godfather world.

Yes I have watched Part I about 6 months ago and didn't had time to watch the rest. 2 days ago I watched Part II Disc I, and I have no Disc II so I didn't continue watching and didn't put in Part III because I first want to watch Part II to the end. I have it legally and since I miss that disc, I'm going to dl because I think it is a must that you have seen TGF..

Back on topic:

A 3rd game would be great. Being EA its also a near definite thing lol.
I would like it to follow the films more closely: therefore the 3rd game would involve the family trying to go legitimate in its business operations in the US but being forced back to the old ways through events in Sicily. I wont mention the events or anything more so as not to spoil the films for anyone wishing to watch them.

Yes, TGF I, II and III must be following the films in footsteps but with its own touch and changing a bit, for example: the part with Fredo (in the film) in Cuba, I think you know what I mean, where Michael forgives him during the riots and kisses him(Not gay and I know what it means) but in the game it goes different..
But there is also a possibility to step away from the movies after 3 games, right..
Make your own story and go to IV, I think lots of people will buy it.. I'll will :).

And I am thanking you for not spoiling anything of the film. Cheers!:drunk

I dont know but 3rd one better last me longer then 3 days :mad:
I mean the first game took me 3 weeks!!

I'm with you there :).

LtCol Killjoy
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
yay their proble already working on a another godfather game has we speak you know EA loves squals. Location for the next on New York of course, Las Vegas, and maybe Seciliy Itlay or CA

Sandman1000
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
yay their proble already working on a another godfather game has we speak you know EA loves squals. Location for the next on New York of course, Las Vegas, and maybe Seciliy Itlay or CA

that true EA does do that alot
most likey location NYC, Las Vegas, and who knows etc...

Pogo27
04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
I watched (a piece of) the movie after finishing the game and well some things got twisted like the end since in the movie Michael forgives him instead of ending his live. And in the film there is Frank Pentageli, Don of NYC, and he wants to kill the Rosato brothers and there is the C-Note.
Pentageli is in the game in nearly the same capacity as the movie, just not Don of NYC and instead Corleone family Caporegime. But he does want to kill the Rosato bars, and I'm fairly certain the scene in the bar where he's almost killed is the same in both movie and game. He's also the guy testifying in both the movie and the game.

Not sure what C-Note you're talking about.

And I'm not sure who it is that Michael forgives instead of kill in the movie/game. We kill Hyman Roth at the airport for the last level. We don't kill Fredo, but after we kill Hyman Roth, there's a scene just before the credits, of a man getting shot on a little motor boat--this is Fredo. It's how he died in the movie.

I didn't pay that much attention to the game's storyline, but with the exception of a few additions (so your character has a story without being one of the main characters of the game), it seemed to following the movie's storyline quite accurately.

zeke53
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
if you guys have seen the second film you know that they have the falshbacks of vito corleone setting up the family in italy. i think it would be a good idea to turn that into a game on its own or a lost and the damned type dlc.

DFB 1708
04-16-2009, 06:15 PM
if you guys have seen the second film you know that they have the falshbacks of vito corleone setting up the family in italy. i think it would be a good idea to turn that into a game on its own or a lost and the damned type dlc.

You mean play a little bit AS the real Don Corleone. That would be cool yeah :).
Where you seriously START the family. That would be cool

And Pogo my answer:

Yes the part from the cafe is the same, and when Frank goes in he receives a 'Lucky' C-Note, you might have heard something of hunderd, and in the game the same thing happens but then you won't be happy.
And that testifying didn't happen on the first disc of part II, so I didn't saw it.
And with the one Michael forgives is Fredo. He does give him the kiss of death so he eventually will be sleeping with fishes ;P (I couldn't resist).
And indeed will be so to in the movies, although I haven't seen that yet :D

Note if you want to see it just do quote message and you can see the spoiler.

Pogo27
04-19-2009, 03:00 AM
And Pogo my answer:

Yes the part from the cafe is the same, and when Frank goes in he receives a 'Lucky' C-Note, you might have heard something of hunderd, and in the game the same thing happens but then you won't be happy.
And that testifying didn't happen on the first disc of part II, so I didn't saw it.
And with the one Michael forgives is Fredo. He does give him the kiss of death so he eventually will be sleeping with fishes ;P (I couldn't resist).
And indeed will be so to in the movies, although I haven't seen that yet :D

So, you haven't seen all of The Godfather Part II and you're claiming that the game has some inconsistencies with the movie?

I've played all the way through the game, and seen the movie all the way through a few times, including once recently (just after I beat the game).

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Im sure there will be a third game and I hope that we will get to play as Vincent and have the 3rd game a bigger GTA style game where we can do different things to create different storylines and make our own path.

For those who havent seen the films or know who Vincent is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Mancini-Corleone

The above contains spoilers and so does the below so I wouldnt read on to anyone not wanting to have the best ever films spoilt for them :D

So in the third game which Im certain there will be we will hopefully play as Vincent and play his roles and the start of taking on the Don role within the family.

But fans of The Godfather will know that a 4th film was planned by the creator of the stories Mario Puzo who died in 1999 which has to now stopped any possibility that a 4th film would be made but I personally like to think that after the 3rd game the talk of a 4th along with the film being made and realesed at the same time could happen.

Also :D
http://blog.filmjabber.com/2008/09/23/the-godfather-4-coming-to-theaters/
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/garcia%20gears%20up%20for%20godfather%204

DFB 1708
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
So, you haven't seen all of The Godfather Part II and you're claiming that the game has some inconsistencies with the movie?

I've played all the way through the game, and seen the movie all the way through a few times, including once recently (just after I beat the game).

First my english is not primary and I don't know what 'inconsistencies' means.
So I just say: "lol."

And I lost a DVD so I can't watch the whole movie and by guessing 'inconsistencies' means that the game has stuff which is from the movie.
And that is still true to my opinion and I have given the arguments already.

But you can stil tell me what it means :D

Im sure there will be a third game and I hope that we will get to play as Vincent and have the 3rd game a bigger GTA style game where we can do different things to create different storylines and make our own path.

For those who havent seen the films or know who Vincent is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Mancini-Corleone

The above contains spoilers and so does the below so I wouldnt read on to anyone not wanting to have the best ever films spoilt for them :D

So in the third game which Im certain there will be we will hopefully play as Vincent and play his roles and the start of taking on the Don role within the family.

But fans of The Godfather will know that a 4th film was planned by the creator of the stories Mario Puzo who died in 1999 which has to now stopped any possibility that a 4th film would be made but I personally like to think that after the 3rd game the talk of a 4th along with the film being made and realesed at the same time could happen.

Also :D
http://blog.filmjabber.com/2008/09/23/the-godfather-4-coming-to-theaters/
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/garcia%20gears%20up%20for%20godfather%204

Well since I was born in 1994 and the films are kind of old and I was 5 when Mario died and I never looked anything up relating to the godfather I didn't know he was planning to make a 4th film.

But we'll see :)