PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Repairs

Scaysie
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Ok i don't usually ask questions like this on here; so before some people start having a go, please direct me to a thread with the answer on or just don't post.

So i have just ordered a repair for my E74 error on my xbox.
Do i have to send back the xbox complete in it's original packaging?
Also, My hardrive, What do i do with it. Send back or keep?

Sorry if this is completely idiotic.....

Glowin Smurff
04-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok i don't usually ask questions like this on here; so before some people start having a go, please direct me to a thread with the answer on or just don't post.

So i have just ordered a repair for my E74 error on my xbox.
Do i have to send back the xbox complete in it's original packaging?
Also, My hardrive, What do i do with it. Send back or keep?

Sorry if this is completely idiotic.....

it might be different across the pond, but all 3 i've sent in for 'service' were this way.

1. keep your hard-drive.
2. when i sent mine in, they sent out coffins and shipping tags (coffin being a box and packaging)
3. This has been a little while now, i did hear they were only send tags now but i'm not certain on that....sorry.

~it sucks when they take a dive, but hopefully they'll get it fixed up nice and quick for you...do you know if they're sending a box or just emailing you a label?

EDIT> 420 POST MOFO'S!

Scaysie
04-14-2009, 05:41 PM
[quote=Glowin Smurff;1825279]do you know if they're sending a box or just emailing you a label?[quote]

Uh, It said on the Order Review that they were sending me a Shipping Label. So looks like im going to have to box it up and find a package to place the box in.
Will that shipping label be just an address or will take care of the postage costs too?

willberry88
04-14-2009, 05:41 PM
They just send labels now - i've only just 'ordered' a repair and only got a label. Do you send the PSU aswell?

Glowin Smurff
04-14-2009, 05:47 PM
i honestly can't remember if you send the PSU or not....

oh and the label covers shipping cost, you just have to find the place the label is from to ship it. (unless they use royal mail or united states postal or whoever handles your country's mail)

sorry i can't remember about the PSU though, hopefully someone else will respond back to this thread that can help more, like possibly from your region..since things may be a tad different.

willberry88
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Cheers anyways.
Yeah, the label is great. In the UK, you can get the to collect it too, which is VERY handy

Trash Man
04-14-2009, 06:08 PM
do you know if they're sending a box or just emailing you a label?

Uh, It said on the Order Review that they were sending me a Shipping Label. So looks like im going to have to box it up and find a package to place the box in.
Will that shipping label be just an address or will take care of the postage costs too?The label covers the full cost of the shipping :) You can either have the labels posted to you or to save time you can have them sent to your email address and print them off yourself.

Package the 360 up, stick a label on the box and then you can either take your 360 to UPS yourself and arrange for them to come around and pick it up from your house.

You don't send the PSU, send nothing other than the 360, and that's without the HDD.

DavidMck
04-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post it in here, My 360 got the E74 error message last month when it was out of warranty, Will the new warranty cover me so I can get it repaired for free ? or will I still have to pay 60+.

Trash Man
04-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post it in here, My 360 got the E74 error message last month when it was out of warranty, Will the new warranty cover me so I can get it repaired for free ? or will I still have to pay 60+.

You should now get it repaired free of charge. Give MS a ring and book it in for repair.