PDA

View Full Version : good london game stores??

velho lobodomar
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
hello! next month me and my wife will be travelling to london, and i am planning to buy a guitar hero world tour or rock band 2 bundle :woop:

so, i need some help from you english mates: is there any store (preferably around victoria road station - which is where i“ll be staying) where i can find them? and the price in £?

thanks in advance for any info.

velho lobodomar
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
first of all, thank you fugitivetoby, your post is very helpful :)

well, london will be the last leg of my trip, so i prefer to pay a bit more than travelling europe with plastic instruments at my back :)

you think £126,95 is expensive? i have just made the conversion brazilian reais - pounds, and the cost of it here is £521,13!! :)

for the import duty, there“s a 500 us dollars limit in which i can bring home without paying taxes, and i don“t plan bringing much else than the bundle.

and thanks for the heads up on region, here in brasil we use ntsc-us consoles, and i am glad i will be able to enjoy the game as it is region free. i was thinking about trying to sell the pal version and grab an ntsc-u here which anyway would be cheaper than the whole bundle here, but this won“t be necessary! :woop:

thanks for the helping hand, mate!

skel3t0n
04-14-2009, 08:08 PM
The popular game stores throughout the UK are Gamestation, GAME and HMV. Since I don't live in London I don't know exactly where these are but the websites of these stores have big lists of all the stores and locations.

Kamakazi Pear
04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Game, Gamestation, HMV, Argos.

But the Internet is always a hell of a lot cheaper than stores. Amazon.co.uk, Ebay.co.uk, Play.com etc...

velho lobodomar
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
thanks for everybody“s hints!!
for me it“s not a good deal to order via internet sites like ebay, because i have to pay shipping and import taxes.

(...)

LOL @ you travelling with plastic instruments strapped to your back although might not be all that bad I mean you could always make some extra holiday money with a little busking (street performing).

good idea! i will prepare a cardboard sign saying "pay a buck to see me five starring jordan"

velho lobodomar
04-15-2009, 06:05 PM
:o oh wow if you can five star Jordan forget about the cardboard sign and the buck, pop round to mine we can hit the 1,000,000 pair and enjoy a beer :drunk

in fact i can“t even finish it :)
but if you need this stupid local play only achievement, maybe i can help you out when i“m there. i made it to 800k with my one and only friend that manages to play guitar hero in medium difficulty with a standard controller. hopefully my wife won“t get too pissed about playing an hour of 360 in our trip :)

velho lobodomar
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah, i hope to get some extra gaming time after we get back home! :)
we“ll be a month away from my xbox i don“t know if i will even survive that lol

EpicGinge
04-16-2009, 11:24 PM
It wont work

iiGNiiT3
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Gamestation tends to be cheaper than Game. Supermarkets sucks as tesco and asda seem can be cheap. £126 is a very good price considering i payed £150 at christmas time.

Camps001
04-17-2009, 12:54 PM
The best shop EVER ... EbaY