PDA

View Full Version : Xbox problem

jj harvey
04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I just turned on my xbox but now it isn't reading any games. On the dashboard it says "Reading" for 30~ seconds then "Open tray" but I'm not getting any error messages. 2 hours ago it was fine and I haven't had any recent problems to suggest anything would happen. I'm guessing it's the lens or something but I'm shocked it came so suddenly.

Bieest Unit
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Call MS support, I'd say it needs repairing.

Bubble Supreme
04-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I've had the same problem turned out I had a loose tray, I'd get it repaired asap because in my case it damaged a lot of my discs...:(

jj harvey
04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Did you have to pay to get it repaired? if so, how much was it.

Edit: Mine is no longer under warranty, I've had it since the release day.

NorthernLass
04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
My elite developed this problem over the weekend and I called support and it is going in for repair, luckily it is still under warranty so it will be repaired free.
Good luck

Kez
04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Did you have to pay to get it repaired? if so, how much was it.

Edit: Mine is no longer under warranty, I've had it since the release day.

$99.99 according to xbox.com repair page...punched in the info for the one I have with the same issue while I was there to submit my newly RROD'd one

J Lew332
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Happened to me and my brother within 3 days like a month ago. His was under warranty and mine wasn't.

Golden138
04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Most of the time it is the lens that needs cleaning. 360's are very picky when it comes to this. I had the same problem several times, and since my 360 was out of warranty, I just dismantled it, cleaned the lens manually with alcohol and a qtip. Problem gone, and has not returned. Only do this though if you are already out of warranty. Heck, I'd do it myself every time if they wanted to charge for such an easy fix.

dav1zzl3
04-15-2009, 03:58 AM
any tips/tricks for someone about to attempt to clean their lens? :biglaugh

jj harvey
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to use the repair request page on xbox.com but it's not accepting my address details, telling me it cannot match the details with an existing address. It's the exact same details as it was when I did a repair for RRoD 2~ years ago and I tried re-entering all of it but no go. Anyone know what's wrong with it?