PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Selling Arcade games + Regions

Jetpac
04-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Now i'm intrigued.

With Amazon selling codes, are these redeemable on only US accounts or would they be redeemable on say a UK account as well.

Anyone know? as i would quite like doom!

Tussell
04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Seems kind of useless when you can just buy points and get it even faster.

Gackt
04-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Now i'm intrigued.

With Amazon selling codes, are these redeemable on only US accounts or would they be redeemable on say a UK account as well.

Anyone know? as i would quite like doom!

Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

US ONLY, sorry buddy ^^

Jetpac
04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
US ONLY, sorry buddy ^^

That's who can BUY it from amazon.
Nothing about account compatibility! Thats what i'm curious about!

You can buy the exact amount of points and then get Doom at Half price on XBL?
please show me how to this and i will give you one million pounds.... and my house.

Gackt
04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok so its only like 3 dollars on amazon... buy it and find out?

wildlatics09
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
shame really - bet its cheaper than ms points...but then again who wants arcade games when theres cod + gears out...

Jetpac
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Thats the problem! Stemming from the point you made in your first post!
I'm in the UK, with UK money cards and a UK billing address! but if i know it works i can make an effort to find someone to be my buyer in the states :P

wildlatics09
04-14-2009, 10:26 PM
u cud probably try but still, will credit card companies accept us dollars plus finding a buyer whool sell to u

sgalante
04-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Two words: amazon deals. Doom is down to 3 bucks (from 5) and pac-man: championship edition is down to 5 (from 10), and this is just a week after they started. There will sure to be more to come. Plus, its no slower than buying points; you buy it with your credit card, get the code, redeem it, download the game.

Jetpac
04-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Sod it, i have a US account as well as a UK one so if it doesnt work on my UK one i'll be ok. I dont suppose anyone would purchase he code for me and ill pay $3 into their paypal account?

shintoki
04-15-2009, 03:49 AM
Picked up
Galaga Legions for 4.97
Pac Man:CE for 4.97
Doom for 2.97
25 dollars in points vs less then 13 dollars.

<3 Amazon.

EOU Findub
04-15-2009, 03:53 AM
I picked up DOOM...for less than $3...whereas I would have had to buy a card or buy MS points off the site, put in the code and then buy DOOM for $2 more. Amazon >>>> MS Points.

MattyBoosh
04-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Slightly off topic, but I thought i'd post this email i've received from Amazon.

Dear Mr x xxxxxxx

Thank you for sending Amazon.co.uk your suggestion.

Currently, we do not have any plan for XBox Live Marketplace launch in Amazon.co.uk website.

However, we truly value this kind of feedback, as it helps us continue to improve our website and provide a better service to our customers.

I will happily pass your message on to the appropriate department who will be glad to review your suggestion. Customer feedback such as yours helps us to continue improving the selection and service we provide. We appreciate the time you've taken to write to us

That's a bit shit :(

mrtrick92
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Not coming to UK :( Thats really shit :(

Pheonix_Assassin
04-15-2009, 07:11 PM
This would be a really good idea if it came to the UK, but you never know Play.com might start the idea up =]

FlyBoy120586
04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Doom is back up to $5 today, but Pac Man is still discounted

BTW, buying MS Points from amazon is cheaper cause they don't charge you tax, although they only have 1600 and 4000 point cards/codes

pX I Atticus
04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
thats Fing sucks man WHY do they think we wont buy them :S:S alot of ppl that play xbox dont have a credit card so it would be well easy if u could just buy them there rather than traveling into town everytime just for Fing points

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 06:36 PM
It can't be done where I am from.

gamerguy69
04-20-2009, 08:10 AM
thats Fing sucks man WHY do they think we wont buy them :S:S alot of ppl that play xbox dont have a credit card so it would be well easy if u could just buy them there rather than traveling into town everytime just for Fing points

Uh . . . aren't you paying with a credit card when you buy from Amazon too? Technically, I have a bank debit card and that's works just as well on the 360 or anywhere else shopping online.

Tussell
04-20-2009, 08:42 AM
please show me how to this and i will give you one million pounds.... and my house.
How about one million USD and we call it a deal. Also, rather than your house, a condo in California.

But seriously... There wasn't enough information on the whole thing when I first replied, so it came off as a useless deal. That's why I said what I did.