PDA

View Full Version : whats the real deal?

pimpsta71
12-08-2006, 02:43 AM
everyone seems to be saying something different about online play and if its possible or not...whats the deal? does it work some of the times but not others? can only certain "discs" manage to get online? i have this game as a rental and iv began playing the missions; i was gonna save all the online stuff for last, once iv gotten better at the game. so can anyone tell me how what the real deal is with all of the online controversy!

Supaaafly
12-09-2006, 02:22 PM
The general consensus is that player matches work perfectly well. No delay in joining matches, no gamewrecking glitches etc.

That said, anyone looking to get online achievements needs to enter ranked matches, which again works just as well as player matches except there are serious problems connecting to a game. Waiting times vary between 3 mins to 30 mins, and this is the same for anyone. You may luck out and get two or three games in a row where you connect within 5 mins, but just when all seems well, the next game can take over 30 mins to connect!?!

Best thing to do is to practise, like the rest of us, in player match and once the patch is released...go to town in ranked play.

sinsix
12-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Perfectly agree with that. I have yet to have the patience to wait long enough for a ranked game. I even ordered a pizza one night and waited on it to come back and find my room was still empty. Such BS! Stick with player matches until they get their shit together. Maybe Activision will learn to leave CoD to Infinity Ward from now on.

Supaaafly
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Maybe Activision will learn to leave CoD to Infinity Ward from now on.

Short memory mate?...Had the exact same problem with CoD2 when it was released. Was even worse if I remember correctly. If they patch this game correctly it will be far superior to CoD2.

killie65
12-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Short memory mate?...Had the exact same problem with CoD2 when it was released. Was even worse if I remember correctly. If they patch this game correctly it will be far superior to CoD2.

The game already is far superior to CoD2 online, even without the patch. Or is it just me that thinks this?