PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting A+ overall.

PaleVoyager
04-15-2009, 05:54 AM
I am going to go into great detail to make this easier for anyone willing to help me.

Before I list my scores, I want to say that I have gotten everything except the Ninja Valedictorian and subsequent Outfit achievement, and I used Easy mode to get the Damage scores.

Here are my point totals for every level and overall.

Mission 001:

Completion Score: 14755 A+

Mission Time: 17'25"60 A+
QTE: 5280 A+
Retries: 0 A+
Best Hit Combo: 59 A+
Best Kill Combo: 59 A+
Finish Attacks: 10 B
Damage Taken: 480 A+

Mission 002:

Completion Score: 12483 A+

Mission Time: 22'06"18 A+
QTE: 4350 A+
Best Hit Combo: 35 A
Best Kill Combo: 21 A+
Finish Attacks: 26 A
Damage Taken: 130 A+

Mission 003:

Completion Score: 17535 A+

Mission Time: 18'55"25 A+
QTE: 2120 A+
Best Hit Combo: 76 A+
Best Kill Combo: 62 A+
Finish Attacks: 17 B
Damage Taken: 0 A+

Mission 004:

Completion Score: 11896 A+

Mission Time: 21'14"42 A+
QTE: 3360 A+
Best Hit Combo: 44 A+
Best Kill Combo: 12 B+
Finish Attacks: 8 B+
Damage Taken: 1400 A+

Mission 005:

Completion Score: 11919 A+

Mission Time: 20'08"94 A+
QTE: 3970 A+
Best Hit Combo: 27 B+
Best Kill Combo: 20 A+
Finish Attacks: 8 B
Damage Taken: 1610 A

Mission 006:

Completion Score: 12157 A+

Mission Time: 19'17"83 A+
QTE: 3180 A
Best Hit Combo: 39 A
Best Kill Combo: 19 A
Finish Attacks: 10 B
Damage Taken: 258 A+

Mission 007:

Completion Score: 12125 A+

Mission Time: 18'46"23 A+
QTE: 1270 A+
Best Hit Combo: 33 A
Best Kill Combo: 23 A+
Finish Attacks: 8 C+
Damage Taken: 1456 A+

Mission 008:

Completion Score: 13130 A+

Mission Time: 11'43"18 A+
QTE: 2810 A+
Best Hit Combo: 84 A+
Best Kill Combo: 18 A
Finish Attacks: 0 A+
Damage Taken: 432 A+

Mission 009:

Completion Score: 13927 A+

Mission Time: 29:12:48 A+
QTE: 1650 A+
Best Hit Combo: 106 A+
Best Kill Combo: 24 A+
Finish Attacks: 7 C+
Damage Taken: 120 A+

Overall Score:

Completion Score: 43775 A :(

Mission Time: 2:58'50"14 A+
QTE: 27990 A+
Best Hit Combo: 503 A+
Best Kill Combo: 258 A+
Finish Attacks: 94 B
Damage Taken: 5886 A+

I can hike my hit combo up by using the twin blades on bosses instead of the stonerender, but I need help racking up kill combos and finishers. Whenever I use the stonerender's finisher, it kills any enemy near the one I'm finishing, thus wasting kills.

Also, isn't my overall score a bit low considering all I accomplished? It seems the majority of the points are given for Hit/Kill Combo and Finishers. Look how low my damage is, that SHOULD count for something a bit more substantial... maybe because I did the damage ones on easy?

As for this "50k to get A+" business. I see people on the leaderboards with overall numerical scores lower than mine that have the full 1k.

Anyway, if someone could, please give me tips PER level (as in not just "hit more stuff, kill more stuff), the best way to get hit/kill combos and finishers I would GREATLY appreciate it. I love this game, but I want to finish it already.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Scotian Bred
04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Most games that score you this way during missions usually take difficulty into account. Hard mode so far on the first level is not really that hard at all. That is until you hit the glitch QTE at the window. :p

PaleVoyager
04-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Does that mean I need to go through all the levels again on Hard and take no damage?

(There is abundant irony in my signature)

asdf123
04-15-2009, 09:53 AM
This gives me hope, i have almost 5000 more points than you and got like 70000 on damage taken :) the only thing i have better or same is Retries 0 and i have better kill/hit combos.

I would start working on them, mission 8 is good for hitcombos, on the third wave of shadows or whatever it is, use wind and throw them around, should rack up around 200, and yes i think you got very low score for what you done, it must have taken lots of work to get damage so low

xRogue 5x
04-15-2009, 10:06 AM
I finally finished this game up earlier today.

And let me say to those of you going for your overall A+ it is a grind. Trying to push the extra bits out of all my stats took forever. My play time was up to something like 40+ hours.

You will need A+ in just about every category for every level. I think I only had 1 or 2 B+

One thing that really helped push my score up was getting A's or higher in the finisher category.

PaleVoyager
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I finally finished this game up earlier today.

And let me say to those of you going for your overall A+ it is a grind. Trying to push the extra bits out of all my stats took forever. My play time was up to something like 40+ hours.

You will need A+ in just about every category for every level. I think I only had 1 or 2 B+

One thing that really helped push my score up was getting A's or higher in the finisher category.
Was your overall score over 50,000? Also, can you give me some pointers for finishers? There don't seem to be enough enemies. Does every level have a boss with respawning minions?

xRogue 5x
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
No unfortunately there wasn't any good farming spots.

I pretty much used the stonerender sword. When it is fully maxed out it will send enemies into finish state with just one swing.

Try to max out as many as you can get in each section. If you mess up or feel like you didn't get enough reload the last checkpoint and try again.

JieXY
04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Was your overall score over 50,000? Also, can you give me some pointers for finishers? There don't seem to be enough enemies. Does every level have a boss with respawning minions?
If you want to farm finish moves, go to Level 2 and when you are about to do a finishing QTE to the Chopper, don't do that, let it heal. Meantime, three Carriers will respawn. Repeat till you think you have enough kills.

And from my point of view, you have less Highest Hit Combos than desired. Go to Mission 2, 8, and 9 to farm some more. In Mission 2 and 9 use machine gun to get high hit combo (open Ninja Vision when reloading) against worms; In Mission 8, use Wind Shuriken to get some easy combos against Kanbe's shadow army.

PaleVoyager
04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
OK, I got the A+ overall. After getting 300 hits on Stage 8 on hard, my score total jumped to 49885, which I guess rules out the "50000" thing. You don't NEED 50k you'll just likely have it by the time the game is satisfied.

Also, I double-checked and I have EVERY outfit except Ninja Blade.

The Outfit achievement is all I'm missing. Any idea why?

By the way, thanks a ton for the info guys.

JieXY
04-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Also, I double-checked and I have EVERY outfit except Ninja Blade.

The Outfit achievement is all I'm missing. Any idea why?

Replay Mission 9 on any difficulty and you should get it at the Mission Ranking Screen.

PaleVoyager
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
That did it. Weeeee 1000.

Alright, now I can go and die in peace. Thank you SO much for your help everyone. I hope people in the future come here and find similar salvation to this problem.

This game's grading/point system is so arbitrary and stupid.

Boygenius
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
An easy way to get a very high hit combo is on the pox giant in mission 1. I got till 700 when my finger started to cramp :P. Just keep hitting him with the twin knives and when the todome chance appears, press the ninja vision. Normaly you should be interrupted for a bit, ending your hit combo, but with ninja vision you can keep hitting / the interrupt wont end your combo. Just make sure to turn ninja vision off as soon as you can hit it again, this way you'll keep having enough to continue this.

I ended up with a mission score of around 45k, upping my total completion score with 13k to 59k

Yingah
04-19-2009, 02:40 AM
I just finished mission 9 and ended on my overall completion score as 38428 B+
I was wondering if it's possible to replay missions on easy and would this helop with the total damage taken amount? The OP had a total damage of 5886 and er... I have 125,578 lmao! ><

xRogue 5x
04-19-2009, 06:05 AM
I remember hearing somewhere that if you play on easy you take a penalty to points so that the best you can do is A.

JieXY
04-19-2009, 06:43 AM
I remember hearing somewhere that if you play on easy you take a penalty to points so that the best you can do is A.

The one who spoke of this did correct his statement, which means it's possible to get A+ on Easy. However, I noticed that QTEs on Easy are less than on Normal or Hard, meaning you perhaps might not get a very high rank of QTE Success Rate. Anyway, I didn't try that myself and I don't think getting Overall A+ takes much less time on Easy than on Normal.

Yingah
04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Ahh right cheers for the heads up. I might struggle a bit longer replaying it on normal first to improve my score then.

Kernel
04-23-2009, 07:59 PM
An easy way to get a very high hit combo is on the pox giant in mission 1. I got till 700 when my finger started to cramp :P. Just keep hitting him with the twin knives and when the todome chance appears, press the ninja vision. Normaly you should be interrupted for a bit, ending your hit combo, but with ninja vision you can keep hitting / the interrupt wont end your combo. Just make sure to turn ninja vision off as soon as you can hit it again, this way you'll keep having enough to continue this.

I ended up with a mission score of around 45k, upping my total completion score with 13k to 59k
It works, I got 999 hits there but is not that easy, you should time the ninja vision just when the pox giant hits the ground with its fists or you will miss the combo even in ninja vision.

MikeMannuh
04-25-2009, 07:13 AM
I didn't see this specifically mentioned in the thread, so just to clarify it does seem that the high hit combo's have a much larger impact on your overall score than any of the other categories.

I was at an overall mission rating of A with 44k, while having an A+ for the total scores of each mission separately. After this I did mission 8 on hard in order to get some hit points on the shadow army by spamming the wind shuriken and dual blades which got me a 295 hit combo. This shot my overall mission rating up to 47k. So basically 3k added to the overall completion score by just improving on one category in a single mission.

After this I decided to try the advice given in this thread to get a high hit combo on the pox giant in Chapter 1 and got my hit rating up to 550 for Chapter 1. This increased my score for chapter 1 by about 20k and shot my overall score from 47k to 56k unlocking the achievement.

So basically, to get an overall A+ ranking all you have to do is finish the game with a halfway decent score and then just farm hitpoints.

In addition to areas mentioned in this thread (pox giant, chapter 8) I would imagine you could probably also farm some decent hit points by trying to kill the fire hydra in Chapter 4 and the giant worms in Chapter 9 with the machine gun from the chopper in hard mode. That, and in general just keep hitting bosses with dual knives after todome chances pop up.

KillboxAlpha
04-30-2009, 02:11 AM
thanks for the tips guys, i was stuck on this achievement since last week, and after reading this thread and trying out the idea of getting a 999 hit counter on the pox giant, i was finally able to get it :)

not only that, but my completion score for mission 1 is number 8 in the world lol all thanks to you guys :)

Filter x360a
05-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm having a real problem getting the hit combo up on the pox giant. I use the ninja vision just before his arms hit the ground and, still, the A action to do the tomdome interupts my combo every time. Any videos or other advice on this one? I'm stuck at about 42K with an A rating.

Thanks in advance

FX.

***EDIT*** -

ok, so i kind of figured out the timing for the pox giant combo trick, got mine up to 445 before losing it, so i decided to complete the level anyway. After finishing, my overall compleation went from 42k to 51k!!! Couldn't believe it!

Either way, achievement unlocked! Thanks!

NickelNine20
05-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know the overall score needed to get an A+? I read some people are getting it slightly under 50k, but is there a magical number that has to be reached?

Thanks for the help with the high hit combos

cra
05-14-2009, 08:30 AM
maybe its 49500 but don't ask me. guess no one besides From Software knows for sure^^

XI Thomas IX
11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
LMAO!!!
I just got my achievement without even trying!
My previous score on level 1 was 13k, and my overall game-rating was B+.
I completed level 1 and got a 999 hit-combo on the pox giant as mentioned above; this gave me a misison score of 58K+, and I set a new record for hit combos and QTE success rate.... As soon as I finished the misison, my achievement popped!
I didn't even try anything on any other levels, just replayed mission 1 and got the hit combo....
Just letting you guys know that it doesn't require hours of grinding!

G/L =)

Warizz360
12-06-2009, 04:28 AM
It works!! I got 999 hit combos and 66000+ mission 1 scores.

Thanks, Boygenius.

yakuzzaa
01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
.... just startet the game hours ago an "normal" and getting all collectibles in that playthrough.
will they and the sword upgrades carry over on hard - ....or collecting the stuff all over again ?

Anavryn
04-19-2010, 03:51 AM
I've been trying the above Pox method, but I'm still having trouble maintaining a high hit combo. I try the ninja vision as soon as pox hits the ground with his hands but it still breaks around 20% of the time. I've managed to get over 440 hits, but after 30 minutes of trying I had to give up. Does anyone have any tips? I've tried finding a video to no avail. :( Thanks guys!

xx Mike 93 xx
05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the methods for the hit combos, finally got an A+ rating overall :woop:

ANIMAL NL
10-02-2010, 01:23 PM

Gd it was so easy unlocking it with this tip.
takes a while the get into the right ritm but it beats boosting stats with a few thousand points per mission. 1 try got the overall aplus rating.
thanks a lot