PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO, this guy REALLY doesn't get it

danowat32
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Sure, the idea of MSP's for achievements is a nice one, but this guy REALLY doesn't get the point of achievements / GS does he!!!

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=7160

Simzo
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
He has a fair point but unless he has a 360, then he won't understand how addicting it can be to try and get achievements. We all know that Microsoft wouldn't splash out and award us when we reach a certain milestone or whatever. This is the way it's gonna be, earning achievements for our own pleasure and enjoyment. No reward.

Zacky Gates
04-15-2009, 11:52 AM
He has a fair point but unless he has a 360, then he won't understand how addicting it can be to try and get achievements.

About the Author - Agent-X

My name is Ankido Khoshaba and I'm from Sydney Australia, I am 19years of age turning 20 In couple of Months. I love video games alot I own a 360/PS3, 3 PC'S, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, 2 PSP'S. I'm a student studying full time web development, Im also a photoshop expert.

demiesta
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
every bonus is wecome, bud achieving gamerpoint is still my goal :locked

i love to compleet a game :drunk

cincychaos
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
He has a fair point but unless he has a 360, then he won't understand how addicting it can be to try and get achievements. We all know that Microsoft wouldn't splash out and award us when we reach a certain milestone or whatever. This is the way it's gonna be, earning achievements for our own pleasure and enjoyment. No reward.

I agree, the main goal is the score and satisfaction I get from my score and knowing what I had to do to get it. Since it seems like the author does have a 360, maybe he is burnt out on the box or doesn't get the thrill that others do. Either way, his loss.

Khalus Akuhei
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
My only thrill from earning more points is the massive replay value it adds to all games! Instead of the past where its usually once through and most games were done with now you have many different reasons to return; most of which are a lot of fun and increase their value...IMHO!

Phate
04-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Gamesaving would go through the roof...

KFZ Scrubs
04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Gamesaving would go through the roof...
Well we know when people are gamesaving most of the time (having glitched achievements and/or having their privacy settings on). I wish Microsoft would do something like this though..... just becuase i'm to lazy to go out and my MS points.

DudeWithTheFace
04-15-2009, 03:05 PM
He should spend a few days on these forums for a better understanding.....

Pheonix_Assassin
04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Rant FAIL ^_^

Achievements Are To Show What You Have Achieved =]

And Who Has Bragging Rights Over Mates Etc.

Hi im Klima
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
wow, what a ignorant jerk!!..

ZundayXx
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
He does have a point espacially on the MP's thing.
But, i find it sort of enjoying when i finally get that achievements i wanted, know what i'm saying??
Ow and he probably doesn't have a xbox, otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about that. But still why would he complain about something thats non of his business?? Damn hese kinda wierd.

Tatanko
04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
That's a really, really poorly written article. Actually, I guess it's on par with 90% of what people post on this site.

Either way, he can't possibly be that much of a gamer if he doesn't understand the concept of achievements.

capthorp
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
That's a really, really poorly written article. Actually, I guess it's on par with 90% of what people post on this site.

Either way, he can't possibly be that much of a gamer if he doesn't understand the concept of achievements.

By "this site" I really hope you mean, his site, and not x360a

Kaiyo
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
He rants about what he doesn't really know also that site is trash.

Evil Demon55
04-15-2009, 09:16 PM
I like his theory, but you are right, he just doesn't get it.

I enjoy tackling achievements because they give me something to do. I can show off my high GS (not yet -.-).

We are not required to get achievements, I have plenty of friends who just play for fun, and well they are better than me because they stick to one game... except for one guy, who I just dominate no matter what the game :p.

I mainly go after achievments, because they are achievements. They are golas the creators set, and I try to accomplish them. Some new achievements are just gay and pointless, like the new Gears 2 achievments, they are not goals, they are just BS... but most games are goals, and are fun. Bioshock has a good stock of achievements, and they are all fair. So does the CoD series... excluding CoD3 :mad:.

Actually... CoD3 has a good pack of achievments, the game just sucked so I hated them :p.

Deviant_Thug
04-15-2009, 09:55 PM
"Free" Microsoft Points? Ugh*, never gonna happen, and talk about a pointless read.

Tatanko
04-16-2009, 04:40 AM
By "this site" I really hope you mean, his site, and not x360a
No no, I mean x360a. Most of the posts on this site have terrible spelling, grammar, etc. It's gotten better lately and it's actually readable, but the posts are still written very lazily.

Marx0r
04-16-2009, 04:58 AM
I read the first paragraph, counted half a dozen simple grammatical errors, then realized that the opinions of any site with such little professionalism don't matter.

Rugger X
04-16-2009, 05:08 AM
When I read the article I felt that he was just expressing an idea and not really launching that strong of an attack on the whole achievement system. He may have called it pointless or whatever but its really nothing to get up in arms about.

Personally, I like achievements because I remember old school gaming when it really was all about going for the high score.

SKIBADABOMSKI
04-16-2009, 05:40 AM
So basically the web site is shit. Their opinion is shit. This thread is shit and am going to go and have my morning shit.

DENAz666
04-16-2009, 07:58 AM
My comment:

Whats the point of getting a 'real' trophy from your sports club at the end of the season? To show that you acomplished something. The trophy isn't made out of real gold, its not actually worth anything, yet they still give them out, and you still feel great when you get them. Same goes for cheevy's and trophies

~edit~ Well that would have been my comment, but they wanted me to sign up to make a comment... screw that!

jason86586
04-16-2009, 08:29 AM
i believe achievements have helped the game developers alot in making people play and explore that game in way they wouldnt have normally. GTA 4 for example, there are things i would never have seen if it wasnt for my pigeon hunt

N-Forced
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
if microsoft did do what the author suggested then their would be even more cheaters and game savers then their is now; no thanks.

ApochWeiss
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
"It seems that gamers are spending hours on there 360s and PS3s earning achievements/trophies. But have you ever thought to yourself that you dont get nothing out of it."

Ebonics win, Decent IQ level fail

oimperialsalsao
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I do love to grab as many points as I can on my GS ; however, I feel sometimes that it should have some more meaning to it. I.E. the avatars were a perfect example. Use the amount/specific achievements to unlock clothing that can be displayed on your avatar to show that you did something amazing. I know this isnt a new idea but the ability to still compete for those points/ replay value and be able to have stuff for your avatar would be brilliant. There in lies the issue though

Microsoft rarely gives great stuff for free. Avatar is an obvious cash cow, to some, to me it is just another addition to an already greatly designed console.

TheLastAntidote
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
That article was pathetic... It's funny how he says its pointless to go out of your way to earn achievements that give you nothing. Somebody should tell that goon that going for achievements is completely optional. You're not forced into trying to unlock them. If you're going for them, it's because you choose to do that.

It's cool if certain achievements give you themes, gamerpics, and avatar clothing (which some do), but if it didn't, it wouldn't bother me. While I'm not a "completionist" I still like trying to go for as many achievements as I can, because they're fun and it adds longevity to a game. It never feels pointless to me.

I guess he likes paying $60 for just 6-8 hours of entertainment. That's some expensive fun if you ask me...

Boiled Frogs
04-16-2009, 04:08 PM
"It seems that gamers are spending hours on there 360s and PS3s earning achievements/trophies. But have you ever thought to yourself that you dont get nothing out of it."

he's right, you dont get nothing out of it, you get something. Same as any other accomplishment in life, the reward is knowing youve put effort into something and succeeded.

Telexen
04-16-2009, 05:21 PM
He's not a very good writer. He doesn't articulate any of his points well, which makes them less convincing.

*EDIT*

After another read, he's actually a very poor writer. I guess I should have known glancing at the website title though.

oDrPepper
04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Can someone copy the article and PM it to me?

The website is unavailable for me.

gatorbait
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Aside from the fact that his writing is terrible to read, he misses the whole concept of achievements. Games have always had achievements of some sort but MS has implemented them in a way where you simply gain points and present it so that anyone can view them. They have always been there whether it be beating the story, ranking up online, maxing your character's stats/level, completing side missions, collecting items, etc. He acts like achievement collecting is a part time job and expects to be compensated accordingly. I personally collect the achievements because I enjoy playing games. Achievements just act as a way to track what we've accomplished.

EpicGinge
04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
About the Author - Agent-X

My name is Ankido Khoshaba and I'm from Sydney Australia, I am 19years of age turning 20 In couple of Months. I love video games alot I own a 360/PS3, 3 PC'S, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, 2 PSP'S. I'm a student studying full time web development, Im also a photoshop expert.
I doubt he could afford all of that if he is only 19, did it not occur to you that people hardly tell the truth

Phate
04-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Can someone copy the article and PM it to me?

The website is unavailable for me.

Certainly. It's in your inbox waiting for you. :)

Santa
04-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Most critics/haters suck at 'video games'.

Therefore I void their opinions.

ddpacker
04-18-2009, 06:39 AM
What is the point of getting achievements?

Mindless entertainment

Moot Point, GTFO

Acterveld
04-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Personal View, But he obviously hasn't been here, I don't wanna play a game be done and thats that, I like something to aim for,