PDA

View Full Version : The Old Dashboard

WhineyRabbit
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm sick of the NXE, yes I am.
Does anybody know if it's still possible to revert to the previous dashboard?

stevanov
04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Does anybody know if it's still possible to revert to the previous dashboard? no you can't m$ first said it was possible but ive never found the option to do it tough

WhineyRabbit
04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
So you don't know? Thanks for the help _

Seany Show
04-15-2009, 02:59 PM
I believe that someone discovered someway of getting to it by deleting something (I cant remember exactly) but I am sure looking on Youtube or Google could help some more. But... you are aware that if you did manage to get back to the old dashboard that you wouldn't be able to play online as it would keep trying to update to the NXE everytime you went online. Personally I don't mind the new dashboard that much but its upto you I guess.

DavidMck
04-15-2009, 03:11 PM

I'd like to go back to the old dashboard aswell, NXE was good at first but now it's nothing special.

oneandonlytommo
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
im pretty sure you cant get the old dashboard back. i would love to have the old dashboard back again nxe sucks.

Bleeding Star
04-15-2009, 03:39 PM
not being funny like but its a dashboard.... do you really spend THAT much time on it for it to matter that much?

whats wrong with it anyway, its far better than the old one in my opinion

Pheonix_Assassin
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Personally i like the NXE, my reasons are simply 2 =]

Party Chat

They are amazing and plus you don't have to have one private chat all the time and it also is helpfull with boosting.

Crimson Ridley
04-15-2009, 04:26 PM
No, you can't. Deal with it and play a game.

Really, if you spend that much time on your dashboard to become sick of it, it might be time to stop playing your 360 all together, don't you think?

Bieest Unit
04-15-2009, 05:00 PM
NXE looks better (in my opinion), but maybe that's because I never used the pre-NXE Dashboard. All I know is, heard from friends, that NXE lags and freezes alot which is very annoying. I don't have the old dashboard to compare to, but it does annoy me.

But as said before, don't think you can change it. If you could, it will keep trying to update.

Simzo
04-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah you can't get it back.. NXE is awesome anyway.

WhineyRabbit
04-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Christ almighty will you guys lighten up?
I only prefer the old one because I never lagged when I pressed the guide button, it's nothing to do with the dashboard itself, I just find it a lot slower and not as pleasing to look at.
It's personal preferance, just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm gonna go off in a strop and give up playing 360 altogether like you suggested Callum.
I thought subscribers had a better attitude then that.
What does it matter if I prefer the old one? Freedom of choice. I don't like the name Callum, why don't you give up on life? /sarcasm.

Thanks for the info everyone else anyway.

II RUFF II
04-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Tbh, im too used to the NXE that i wouldnt go back to the old dashboard! Anyway, i think the NXE is smarter looking and better!

Kaiyo
04-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I never cared much for NXE or the old dashboard. Both don't have anything to do with playing my games so it should not matter much.

Ingles
04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I got tired of the old dashboard. I was excited to hear that they were changing it and making improvements. I enjoy the NXE dashboard and don't see any problems with it. I do however wish they would fix people getting kicked from parties, etc... including me getting kicked from my own party. I still don't understand that one. I normally don't have a problem with it, just every now and then it seems. I don't know...

WhineyRabbit
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I got tired of the old dashboard. I was excited to hear that they were changing it and making improvements. I enjoy the NXE dashboard and don't see any problems with it. I do however wish they would fix people getting kicked from parties, etc... including me getting kicked from my own party. I still don't understand that one. I normally don't have a problem with it, just every now and then it seems. I don't know...

I think it was released too early and wasn't ready.

master_shake_350
04-15-2009, 06:21 PM

I don't mind the new dashboard!

However ever since the update my console has been dicking around. It constantly freezes when I try to exit the xbox guide, it freezes when I scroll though my friends list and everytime I try to connect to Live it refuses connection (as if it it didn't exist).

NFaMuS one
04-15-2009, 06:52 PM
In my honest opinion, NXE is still pretty awesome. Granted, it has gotten a bit bland, but the premium themes keep it pretty fresh. That is, if you're willing to spend the microsoft points on premium themes. ;)

M a r K
04-15-2009, 06:54 PM
i liked it more

Crimson Ridley
04-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Christ almighty will you guys lighten up?
I only prefer the old one because I never lagged when I pressed the guide button.

Well that I can agree with, but where in your first post did you say that? Nowhere.

Oh, and just because I'm a subscriber does not mean I have to be all kiss arse to every body who posts. I'm not that sort of person. If I offended you, my, I do apologise, but I'm sure that over time, you'll get over it and get on with your life.

But, most threads about this are people saying they hate the dashboard and blah blah blah because it's not the same as the old one, so I figured that's what you were saying too.
But yeah, it is laggy as hell.

WhineyRabbit
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
You didn't offend me no, I just felt what you said wasn't needed at all.
Besides, I didn't think I needed to say why I wanted to know, it's not important. All I wanted to know was if I could.

Crimson Ridley
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, that's true, you didn't have to state your reasons, but you may as well.

BTW, your post count; awesome! :)

MrMario2011
04-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Why are people sick of the NXE? I love it, so many people also hated the avatars but I like them.

Evil Demon55
04-16-2009, 02:39 AM
I liked old one better, easier to navagate through. I do like how the marketplace is easier to get to, but that's one thing.

Avatars are not that great... I only fix mine up once every 3 months or so...

Old one was cooler looking too. Even new xbox's give you an instruction manual and it is set up like the old dashboard... FAIL :p.