PDA

View Full Version : Do redeemable codes expire?

Gohan Reborn
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I still have my Gamestop code for Call of Duty: World at War, that allows me to use the M1A1 gun class at level 1. I got this by pre-ordering, but never used it....does this, or any other code expire after a certain amount of time? Is there a way, without putting it in, I can check to see if it's valid?

Cacky
04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm quite sure that they don't expire. :)

martin88
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Off the top of my head, I would suggest reading any fine print on the coupon/email/whatever you got your code on to see if there's a date. If not, I would just try entering it.

I remember buying this arcade game controller that came with 3 arcade games in the form of codes printed on cards; they had all gone past the expiry date yet I entered them in anyway, and they worked.

stevanov
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
i think they dont expire, i recently used a 2 year old 48h code (found it in a magazine) and it worked, so i think you can still use it, i dont know if you can check its still valid without entering it on you xbox.

brandonflakes99
04-15-2009, 02:30 PM
no they do not expire ever just like 48 hour trials they might say they expired at 13/4/06 but you can use it years after that

WhineyRabbit
04-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Enter it into your xbox and press okay, you then have the option to redeem it or cancel.
Just cancel after finding out.

Gohan Reborn
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
really? I might do that then...I'm interested in selling it, because I don't plan on using the class. Ebay here we come.

newbsicle
04-15-2009, 04:22 PM
I can't say they all do, but I am sure most do. I have several right in front of me with experation dates. Just read the small print on the back and it will tell you when it expires. However for a gun, it may never expire. I just know month cards and xbla games have always had an experation date.

Gohan Reborn
04-15-2009, 05:24 PM
well I never got a card. I got an e-mail from them. I've read the e-mail up and down and they never mention an expiration date. It gives the instructions on how to enter it, the actual code itself and then a phone number to activision and their website if any trouble were to come from it. I mean, I could always call, I was just wondering, if most codes expire or not.

EOU Findub
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I can't say they all do, but I am sure most do. I have several right in front of me with experation dates. Just read the small print on the back and it will tell you when it expires. However for a gun, it may never expire. I just know month cards and xbla games have always had an experation date.

They may have expiration dates but I don't think that actually matters. I used a 48-hour code a little bit ago that was over a year expired and it still worked. I wouldn't be too worried about it.