PDA

View Full Version : Deleting other peoples posts.

True I Skill
04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Every now and again I have some ass hole start an argument up in my thread, Meaning the thread will get Locked. My question dont get awnsered. So i Either post it again, But that would start another argument with the "Why are you double posting?" Stuff.
So wouldnt it be easyer If people that have Created threads, can Delete other peoples posts from there thread to stop arguments?
And to get by people trying to get other peoples post count down, You can just still give the person the Post count?

NFaMuS one
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Every now and again I have some ass hole start an argument up in my thread, Meaning the thread will get Locked. My question dont get awnsered. So i Either post it again, But that would start another argument with the "Why are you double posting?" Stuff.
So wouldnt it be easyer If people that have Created threads, can Delete other peoples posts from there thread to stop arguments?
And to get by people trying to get other peoples post count down, You can just still give the person the Post count?

In theory, that's a great idea, but that wouldn't go over well. Everyone would be drunk with power and deleting posts in their threads, and consequently, things would just get blown out of proportion from that alone.

cheesyp00fs
04-15-2009, 06:02 PM
What if theres a debate in a thread and the creator of the thread leans on one side more than the other and starts to delete everyone who thinks differently to him/her.

ChrisDeston
04-15-2009, 06:06 PM
In theory, that's a great idea, but that wouldn't go over well. Everyone would be drunk with power and deleting posts in their threads, and consequently, things would just get blown out of proportion from that alone.
:whs

But isn't there a "Report this post" button?
Surely the mods could sort it out?
If they read through they shouldn't really lock the thread...
But I wont say another word, and I'd advise everyone else to shush about the Mods and their control tactics too if you know what's good for you ;)
[:mods]

Skillet
04-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm about 99.99% sure the answer to this is "no".

True I Skill
04-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I aint tryna say the Mods dont do there job properly, They do a great job, But sometimes threads get locked with No awnsers for the OP
And a report butting is Just like grassing some one up, Lol i dont like grassing people up to mods, The debate thing is right, But if the OP was to do that, There is no point posting in his threads if he is just gonna delete Peoples threads, Say 5 threads get deleted by the person who started the post in 1 day, The mods check it out and see why if it was acceptable to delete the threads.

NFaMuS one
04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I aint tryna say the Mods dont do there job properly, They do a great job, But sometimes threads get locked with No awnsers for the OP
And a report butting is Just like grassing some one up, Lol i dont like grassing people up to mods, The debate thing is right, But if the OP was to do that, There is no point posting in his threads if he is just gonna delete Peoples threads, Say 5 threads get deleted by the person who started the post in 1 day, The mods check it out and see why if it was acceptable to delete the threads.

Most often times things get locked because they were already answered in a previous post, hence the necessary use of the search function. On that note, if a mod locks down a thread, generally you will see that they have posted why they locked it. At the same time, if it's locked with no response or reason given, it was probably justified by either numerous posts of the same topic or something that just didn't warrant an explanation (i.e common sense/logic.) Just a thought.

jackanape
04-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Threads get locked if they become abusive/obsolete or if they repeat a previous post. Simple as.

If anyone other than mods could delete posts then it would lead to an amazing abuse of power and the site would soon descend into chaos - as no one would bother posting for fear of having it axed.

True I Skill
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Well...
To stop people going power crazy you could give them a Warning, If they continue to delete peoples posts that are Not starting an Argument, Then they get there Rights to delete other peoples posts removed. And Only people with a certain amount of posts, been signed up to the site, for a certain amount of time can Delete other peoples posts.
Although that would Kinda kill the point of getting awnsers from people without the thread locked, Because everyone with under a certain amount of posts wouldnt be able to stop arguments.

The Pants Party
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm about 99.99% sure the answer to this is "no".

Make it 100. Not going to happen.

If you have an issue with someone's post, report it and the staff will make a decision. If the thread is already out of hand it will just get locked. If it can be salvaged, we'll issue infractions or warning as necessary and keep an eye on it.

True I Skill
04-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Make it 100. Not going to happen.

If you have an issue with someone's post, report it and the staff will make a decision. If the thread is already out of hand it will just get locked. If it can be salvaged, we'll issue infractions or warning as necessary and keep an eye on it.

Ohh ok, Thanks for reading my suggestion anyway tho :D