PDA

View Full Version : You what this game is like...

Ranteal
04-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Its like someone made a videogame from those discount toys they sell at toys r us. You know, you cant afford the Ninja Gaiden toy,so jr gets the $1.99 Ninja Blade toy. The main character is very bland, the story probably took all of 10 minutes to think up. The gameplay is decent enough, that is when your not doing constant button games (which I think is a total of 3 minutes). Should have probably seen it coming when I read who made the game. Software games? Thats like eating at a fast food place called "Hamburger". Of course this is all IMO, but the blandness in this game is heroic.

JieXY
04-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Why do people always compare it with Ninja Gaiden? I know when I myself heard the name of the game, I thought, is this gonna be a Ninja Gaiden-alike? After I have played for such a long time, I know they are different, except they share Ninja in their name. The graphics aren't very great when you take a close look, and the character models aren't impressive, either. Story is also a little bland. Nevertheless, I like playing it, it's so COOL. I think that's enough for me to play and enjoy this game. Sure they could do better, but compared to those crappy games I only go for Gamerscore, this one is just great.

cra
04-20-2009, 08:15 AM
erm first of compare it with DMC. second it is from "From software" which made the Tenchu series and had always a terrible engine. so from this point of view ninja blade looks fantastic. the game is fun to play and thats what it should do.

acehardy
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok as a reviewer a own and played both the only thing that this and NG 2 have in common is Ninjas period. This game is more along the lines of God of War and has some of the greatest boss (the quicktime events)battles. This game isn't trying to be the next NG FROM just wanted to make a kick ass game and they did just that.

Karachi King
04-29-2009, 05:10 AM
I don't know why everyone thinks the graphics in this game are sub-par... :confused:

I know you can't see the characters' individual nose hairs or anything stupidly detailed like that, but the graphics certainly aren't bad, and I thought the extreme zooms were quite impressive.

JieXY
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't know why everyone thinks the graphics in this game are sub-par... :confused:

I know you can't see the characters' individual nose hairs or anything stupidly detailed like that, but the graphics certainly aren't bad, and I thought the extreme zooms were quite impressive.

I think the color panels of this game are great, which fit the general background pretty well. However, what hinder it are the character models. Anyway, it may not be an eye-candy, but sure is not bad.

cra
04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
can't understand it too, since DMC has "ugly" modells too. yeah of course you can't compare it with something like GoW,bioshock, etc but compare it with Tenchu Z(also From Software) and you see a HUGE advancement with the graphic engine. Even KOEI games are still played a lot and their engine is still on PS2 level(except for bladestorm, which is a bit better).

Guess the biggest problem for most is, that they need a photorealistic graphic engine to get some fun during the playthrough. i need a good designed game, either with some funny parts(e.g. EAT LEAD) or which is incredible challenging like NG. Naturally i like to look at great visuals, but this is not a criteria for a entertaining game.