PDA

View Full Version : 503 Errors?

Bluntman428
04-16-2009, 02:32 AM
I've been getting a 503 error frequently the past two days when trying to open threads on the forums.

Says something about the server being too busy or some such nonsense. I can't even open my own threads.

Any ideas what the cause may be, other than the obvious answer that the servers are busy? I've never had any problems with it up until yesterday.

I've also noticed that this is only happening when I use Firefox. The site runs fine on Internet Explorer.

Tomscfc
04-16-2009, 10:26 PM
So just use internet explorer then, firefox is terrible anyway ;)

Br0kenAssass1n
04-18-2009, 10:21 PM
I've been getting the same problem... Tis more than annoying. Just using IE isn't a solution, especially to those many, many people that don't like it, or simply hate the features on offer...

eskEMO
04-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Just my 2 cents. I passed on Firefox quite awhile ago for Opera...never had a problem with the site. :P

As for the Firefox problem, it seems that the site has more than a few problems with the newest Firefox that I'm not really sure are entirely the site's problem. :O But yeah...what time are the errors happening? Are they in peak hours, Blunt?

MattDB87
04-21-2009, 12:59 AM
95% of the threads i click on this message pops up. It is so frustrating.

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server (http://www.litespeedtech.com/)
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

EDIT: I thinkj i found the solution, log out of x360a and it will clear your cookies on the site. i did that and the errors have not come back yet.

Vita Ante Acta
04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
EDIT: I thinkj i found the solution, log out of x360a and it will clear your cookies on the site. i did that and the errors have not come back yet.

I had the same problem, then I did this it has worked so far :Bounce:

gallardolvr
04-29-2009, 06:01 PM
So just use internet explorer then, firefox is terrible anyway ;)
you wish, IE has pop ups, my firefox blocks every one, every time

trcrane63
04-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm using Firefox right now and haven't had any issues today.

gallardolvr
04-29-2009, 06:32 PM
95% of the threads i click on this message pops up. It is so frustrating.

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server (http://www.litespeedtech.com/)
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

have you tried personally talking this up with an admin?

LachyFTW
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM

WOW! Thank you so much.