PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at 970 points

userpig
04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
I have a very bad day. It's damn cold here, it snows, and I'm stuck at 970 points with Ninja Blade. Got the "A+" achievement last evening on mission 8, but no outfit whatsoever. So I got 19 costumes, the last one, "Ninja Blade", is missing. I have all the updates (the one and only that is) for the game, completion score is 53000+ (but for some reason it still hasn't been updated @ leaderboards, it's like 47K over there).

Everything except for Finishers is A+ (I got 162 finishers which is A), and overall damage is something like 15K.

So, am I f@#d and have to play this all over again, or there's a way to get this damn NB outfit some other way?

PS: I tried playin' mission 9 after that, no outfit. Maybe I should have LESS then 10K damage to get the outfit? Or I should dance with my gamepad tied to my ears on friday at 4:01 AM to unlock this outfit?

Damn this game. Any help 'd be appreciated. Thank you:)

EDIT: problem solved, finally 1000G. I had to uninstall game, replay mission 9 and BAM! it unlocked. Our WTF department is shocked.

Yingah
04-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I may have the same problem too when I complete it. I've just done mission 3 (AGAIN) and I have an A+ in all the subscores except finish attacks and damage taken which is a B and yet I still only have an B+ mission ranking? After reading this glitch I'm scared I may run into the same problem as you!
I had a score of 13280 that mission, is that too low?

userpig
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I may have the same problem too when I complete it. I've just done mission 3 (AGAIN) and I have an A+ in all the subscores except finish attacks and damage taken which is a B and yet I still only have an B+ mission ranking? After reading this glitch I'm scared I may run into the same problem as you!

I guess mission scores do NOT add up to final completion score ('cause if they did, everyone would have like 100+K points or so after beating the game).

Damn, this ranking system is so broken and glitchy. When I increased my Max Hit combo by just 100 hits (up to 860+) I got 5000+ freaking points to overall rating.

JieXY
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I guess mission scores do NOT add up to final completion score ('cause if they did, everyone would have like 100+K points or so after beating the game).

Damn, this ranking system is so broken and glitchy. When I increased my Max Hit combo by just 100 hits (up to 860+) I got 5000+ freaking points to overall rating.

You need Ninja Blade outfit? Get Overall Completion Score A+ and replay Mission 9 (unless you get Overall A+ directly after Mission 9).

JieXY
04-16-2009, 04:04 PM

Mission 3 needs around 18000 to be an A+. Damage taken is crucial if you want a high score. My damage taken is 0 or 1 (can't remember) and final mission score is above 20000 (finish moves A, others A+)

Yingah
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Mission 3 needs around 18000 to be an A+. Damage taken is crucial if you want a high score. My damage taken is 0 or 1 (can't remember) and final mission score is above 20000 (finish moves A, others A+)

I take it there isn't an "easy" way to reduce damage taken other than to just be good at the game? Sounds impossible!

JieXY
04-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I take it there isn't an "easy" way to reduce damage taken other than to just be good at the game? Sounds impossible!

There IS an easy way. "Reload"!

If you get hit too much, just reload and start again from the latest checkpoint. Be aware that reloading is counted as death, so if you want high score in that mission, don't reload too much...

I don't think it is necessary to improve mission-specific scores, just try to focus on your Overall Completion Score and related subscores.

Yingah
04-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Ahh I get ya so once I complete the game and get my overall stats I should go back and improve the bad grades right?
PS: Sorry to hijack the thread ><

JieXY
04-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, from my experience, don't pay too much attention on your mission-specific completion scores, but do your best to improve those subscores.

For example, use Reload to minimize your Damage Taken, which means you could possibly have a high Retry count and take more time, which don't matter at all since your best results have been recorded and won't be overwrought by worse ones.