PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME! Can't Sign Into Messager

Jencomx3
04-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't sign on to XBOX live every day. Yesterday I signed on and it autodownloaded something as a system update.

Ever since, I haven't been able to sign into messager and things freeze up on me.

I'm not sure what to do.

I've had hard drives go on me before -- three since I got the XBox 360 for Christmas in 2007. Every four or five months this seems to happen. I am an adult woman. I play a few hours a day. I have an intercooler fan. I'm not a little kid with it on 24/7. Every time the hard drive goes I get the red rings of death.

I have no red rings now, but it feels like they are coming.

Did anyone experience this after the auto download?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

If you can tell me, that would be SO great!

Kamakazi Pear
04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
First off, take that intercooler up, it actually fucks up the Xbox.

Next, since the update I've started recieving a few E74 Red Ring Errors, but after a few mins and a reboot it's fine.

So I guess it might have done something small to my xbox, but I don't really know what advice to give really. Sorry. :(

Jencomx3
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone will know.
Jen

Kamakazi Pear
04-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey, actually, if you have a mate that lives close to you that has an xbox, you could trade Hard Drives for a few days. See if your Xbox still RRoDs, meaning it's a problem with your Xbox, or if your mates Xbox RRoDs, meaning it's your Hard Drive. Just a thought.

EpicGinge
04-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Try turning your auto-downloads off or deleting what you downloaded (you can download it again anyway) or clean the connection between the hard drive and the Xbox.

Jencomx3
04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Try turning your auto-downloads off or deleting what you downloaded (you can download it again anyway) or clean the connection between the hard drive and the Xbox.

When it's a system update that happens automatically, how do I turn that off? I thought you were screwed and stuck with it.

Jencomx3
04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Hey, actually, if you have a mate that lives close to you that has an xbox, you could trade Hard Drives for a few days. See if your Xbox still RRoDs, meaning it's a problem with your Xbox, or if your mates Xbox RRoDs, meaning it's your Hard Drive. Just a thought.

Well, I don't have the red rings yet ... I just have a bad feeling they are coming.

I can play fine offline and all that.

BUt if I can't sign in to make sure my achievements are going on my profile, so if I lose everything again -- I have to send my hard drive in three separate times since getting an XBox -- I think it's the XBox since every three months the hard drive seems to go; so I know the value of working hard on a game and making sure those achievements stick.

I've had to restart games dozens of times, because I wasn't done with them. Some I have in a pile for maybe I'll play you again, because I love quest games and it sucked to be so far in one and have to lose everything.