PDA

View Full Version : E74 error questions

Whitest Knight
04-17-2009, 06:25 AM
My xbox recently got the E74 error. I just requested a "coffin" to send my xbox into a Microsoft repair center. I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it will take for "coffin" to get here (Boston, MA). And how long will it take for my xbox to reach a Microsoft repair center and get back. Any information anyone can give would help. Just wanting to know how long i will suffer endless Boredom !!!!!!!!!!!

martnic
04-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Over here in the UK it takes about 2 weeks max from when UPS picks up the console to it's return.

I think for you out in the States its about 3 weeks. Should tell you on the Xbox support pages somewhere, if not just ring 'em up and ask.

Whitest Knight
04-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Over here in the UK it takes about 2 weeks max from when UPS picks up the console to it's return.

I think for you out in the States its about 3 weeks. Should tell you on the Xbox support pages somewhere, if not just ring 'em up and ask.

you were right dude. I call 'em up and they said it would be about 2-3 weeks for the whole process.

gamerguy69
04-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Check your e-mail. MS sent me tracking info for the "coffin" being delivered to me and that also had a tracking number that I used to see when it reached the repair center.

It really didn't take too long for me. I'm in TX and I dropped off my box at the UPS pick-up counter on a Friday afternoon. 8 days later (Saturday) I received the repair complete e-mail although it probably didn't start moving until the following Monday. I received the repaired unit on Tuesday.

MS repair center is just outside of Dallas, TX but the coffin could be coming from the UPS shipping station in TN already pre-packed and your shipping label was just affixed to that.

Whitest Knight
04-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Check your e-mail. MS sent me tracking info for the "coffin" being delivered to me and that also had a tracking number that I used to see when it reached the repair center.

It really didn't take too long for me. I'm in TX and I dropped off my box at the UPS pick-up counter on a Friday afternoon. 8 days later (Saturday) I received the repair complete e-mail although it probably didn't start moving until the following Monday. I received the repaired unit on Tuesday.

MS repair center is just outside of Dallas, TX but the coffin could be coming from the UPS shipping station in TN already pre-packed and your shipping label was just affixed to that.

i guess the time it takes really depends on how far you are from a repair center. And according to UPS tracking i should get the "coffin" on the 21st.