PDA

View Full Version : Most Under Rated Game

slackydave
04-17-2009, 08:06 PM
what do you think the most under rated game is currently?

I recon at the moment the most under rated game is GRAW 2. I played this game again today and i think it is AWESOME! the campaign online with other players is soooo hard but its awesome!, dang it not enough people play this game anymore.

Anyway enough of me going on, what do you think is currently the most under rated game?

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Probably Army of Two and Crackdown, only two I can think of.

Crackdown most people assume is crap because it's old and had cartoony graphics, but I find it really fun and co-op is awesome too.

Army of Two people rant about before they play it, and I don't know why. Great graphics, funny, and a brilliant co-op game also.

Gackt
04-17-2009, 08:32 PM

Crackdown most people assume is crap because it's old and had cartoony graphics, but I find it really fun and co-op is awesome too.

Army of Two people rant about before they play it, and I don't know why. Great graphics, funny, and a brilliant co-op game also.

I would have to agree with you on both of those, I hope they do a Crackdown sequel someday

J.Waddo
04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Never played either of those 2 games ^^^^^

So I'm going to say Jericho, its an awesome shooter with great gameplay and story line.

Tunuva
04-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed imo.
People seem to knock it for being glitchy but they aren't game breaking glitches.
The boss fights and the gameplay are solid, and the story is good, especially if you are a star wars fan.

Tenacious
04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Crackdown and Shadowrun.

Shadowrun is like a fusion of Counter-Strike and World of Warcraft. ;)

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I would have to agree with you on both of those, I hope they do a Crackdown sequel someday

I'm pleased to say that Army of Two: The 40th *something* is out late Summer/winter 09, and Crackdown 2 is out Winter 09/Early '10. Both are confirmed. :):) Can't wait.

slackydave
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed imo.
People seem to knock it for being glitchy but they aren't game breaking glitches.
The boss fights and the gameplay are solid, and the story is good, especially if you are a star wars fan.

my mate has that game on his IPhone its great fun XD.

Crackdown = I dont think it was under rated, i loved the demo i never got the game though as i never had any money at the time.

Army of Two = i think its under rated 'now' but at the time is wasnt, i remember feeling left out as most of my friendlist were on Army of Two when it came out. Same with GTA IV (no money) and Gears 2 (Darn play.com lost my order).

Another game, well game type i think is under rated is racing games. It aint all about the FPS or third person shooters. I love racing games!!! especially Dirt i cannot wait for Dirt 2.

NYKnicker
04-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Burnout Paradise, this game did not get the hype that it solely deserved.

slackydave
04-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Burnout Paradise, this game did not get the hype that it solely deserved.

you can pick that game up for 12.95 i think on shopto.net

I was tempted to buy it as i personally loved the demo!.

Tsaako
04-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Hmm not that many i can think of.

Bourne Conspiracy - Short campaign but alot of fun.
Prey - Awful multiplayer, but great campaign.
Stranglehold - Great game, campaign is a bit short but the levels are lengthy. Good action packed 3rd person shooter, stylish too.

Mainly all JRPG's. The gameplay isn't usually the best but when you get into the story, its pretty amazing.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Would agree with Prey, I loved it and still going for like 10.

The Darkness was amazing and never got any hype or anything and it had great story like Prey but bad multiplayer lol.

ImmortalLeoman
04-17-2009, 11:53 PM
The Darkness was a great singleplayer game but as was said above, got no hype. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is the most under rated game I think. Almost nobody bought it even though it came with the first game with better graphics, and a brand new game. I will say that EFBB(first game, came out 5 years ago) was a lot better, it comes on the disk and the new game is not half bad.

Vendetta
04-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Never played either of those 2 games ^^^^^

So I'm going to say Jericho, its an awesome shooter with great gameplay and story line.

I completely agree with this. Jericho was awesome! Also have to agree with Bourne & Crackdown as well.

SynysterMonkey
04-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Wow, I actually have to agree with most choices in this thread! GRAW 2 ftw. I'm really hoping for a sequel soon.

Bringerofpwnage
04-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Crackdown, Riddick, Stranglehold, The Force unleashed are my personal choices. All of those games have something unique and enjoyable about them.

Zombie Ghandi
04-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Crackdown, Riddick, Stranglehold, The Force unleashed are my personal choices. All of those games have something unique and enjoyable about them.

I can only assume you mean the storyline/cut-scenes as the gameplay was horrible :p

I liked Beowulf, Conan, Prey, Drakness and am enjoying 50 cent and wanted. All under rated.

Keano
04-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I have to disagree with a lot of people in this thread as I hate most of the games mentioned.How anyone can say that Army of Two is underrated is beyond me. A lot of people hyped this game up and it was recieved quite well when it came out but in my opinion it was a pile of shit.

I would say that the original Saint's Row didn't get much recognition. People just shrugged it of as a GTA rip off and didn't give it the time of day. I wouold have to say that even the orginal game was far better than GTA simply because it was fun. The latest installment of Grand Theft Auto took realism over the top and I felt that the game was just dull. I think SR2 however was given the recognition that it deserved. I know this isn't a "current" game but niether are any other games in this thread.

Parkerktm
04-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Grid and PGR4.

Both are amazing racing games and people tend not to talk about them much. They both have great game play and the achievement lists for both are great and well balanced.

As for FPS, I'd have to agree with GRAW/GRAW 2. Both were fun games but there's just no one on them anymore.

CyanideBreathMint
04-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Condemned
Dead Rising

roy1751
04-18-2009, 04:53 AM
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1324/1166749064.jpg

ddpacker
04-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Definately not only an under rated game but also one of THE best games for the 360 is Saints Row 2.

It is 10x better than GTA4,

If you say otherwise, I call you a faggot and move on with my life.

ddpacker
04-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I can only assume you mean the storyline/cut-scenes as the gameplay was horrible :p

I liked Beowulf, Conan, Prey, Drakness and am enjoying 50 cent and wanted. All under rated.

50 Cent BOS received amazing reviews.
And I don't think ANYBODY here would say the game isn't fun...
It's just a stupid idea.

But hey, i'd take a fun game over a... game with a decent plot.

slackydave
04-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Wow, I actually have to agree with most choices in this thread! GRAW 2 ftw. I'm really hoping for a sequel soon.

Me too! i loved GRAW 2. I had never played any tom clancy games prior to this release other than Vegas, although i think GRAW 2 multiplayer was rubbish compared to that of the first Vegas. I think that is why it couldnt keep up. I'm gonna browse the net now and see if i can find something on whether they're doing a GRAW 3.

Oh and Stranglehold was awesome i have that. The single player is amazing. When the demo came out i think me and a mate must of played it 100 times over i couldnt get off it. You can pick the game up now for like 10 in places, well worth the buy. Most of the achievements are pretty easy aswell. Although no-one plays the DLC, Same with GRAW 2

I also agree with ddpacker, saints row 2 is alot better than GTA, ALOT. And there is new DLC coming next week for saints row 2, on the 23rd of april, missions, clothes, vehicles dunno about extra achievements.

Boiled Frogs
04-18-2009, 09:27 AM
i was playing dash of destruction with a friend and its great fun.

seriously though, viva pinata is great and most dismiss it just from the look of the cover

jackw2k9
04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Are we talking about just xbox 360 games or most under rated of all time? because i remember one of my all time favourite games was psi-ops for the xbox and ps2 which i absolutely loved but it didn't seem to get the recognition it deserved in my opinion. However if were talking about just xbox 360 games then id have to say, erm... probably Race Driver: GRID. Brilliant game and in my opinion the best racer out today.

slackydave
04-18-2009, 02:39 PM
i think we're talking xbox 360 games here as this is an Xbox 360 games forum XD.

I agree with the game Wanted, i got it and loved it. Although the storyline was a little short i recon it was an awesome game for atleast 4 or 5 play throughs and some scenes i played alot more than that.

BigFellaJake
04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Stranglehold
Condemned
Condemned 2
Crackdown
Dead Rising

All games that I think weren't as popular as they should have been. And it's because of that we probably wont be seeing a Condemned 3 :(

Kunduz
04-18-2009, 10:38 PM

Army of Two people rant about before they play it, and I don't know why. Great graphics, funny, and a brilliant co-op game also.I agree on Crackdown, but I think Army of Two is extremely overrated... Also I'd say Dark Sector...

Rugger X
04-19-2009, 12:03 AM
I think Two Worlds is underrated simply because it isn't Oblivion. Before you read that and go crazy just remember that I'm not saying its an amazing game, I'm just saying its underrated. I read all sorts of reviews before I played it and was pretty much expecting the worst game ever but then I played it and felt as though the reviewers were too harsh.

A lot of people mentioned GRAW 2 but that game has a metacritic score of 86 so its not like it was rated poorly. Two worlds on the other hand scored a 50 so it might not be a better game but because it's rated so much lower its more likely to be underrated.

Just my thoughts, people will disagree.

Covo
04-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I agree with Two Worlds bring underrated also I think CoD 3 was slightly underrated but only slightly not completely but I didn't exactly play online but campaign was cool.

Dukefan45
04-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Currently, the most under-rated game is LOTR: Conquest. Yes, it is very glitchy and broken, but it does a great job of bringing the Battlefront-feel to LOTR.

Games in the past that have been under-rated:
-Jumper: Only downfall is that it's short
-Eragon: Nice archer game
-Call of Duty 3: At one time, my favorite 360 game

AssassinIlusion
04-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Overlord I felt was Under-rated by many as they did not have the time to just sit back and have mindless fun.

Two worlds was not as bad as critics said

Army of Two was great except maybe the multiplayer I was not a fan of.

Mr Random Hero
04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I quite enjoyed Bullet Witch, Army of Two and Medal of Honour Airborne. Gun, Banlo N&B and Kameo weren't bad either :)

J Lew332
04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Quantum of Solace-The campaign was awsome I thought, and the multiplayer was deff playable, but it got a lot of low 7 reviews. They could have put more effort into the multiplayer but whatever.

Army of Two-Campaign was awsome and it was fun to play co op. Cover system could have been a little better but i guess they are fixing in the next game. Never even tried to multiplayer because I was hooked on COD 4 when I rented this game.

Xterma
04-19-2009, 02:19 PM
most under rates = Blitz the league II

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I think GTA IV is very underrated and a lot of people go around saying Saints Row is better when it lacks, story, graphics and good gameplay which is really all a god game is.

Admiral Axtell
04-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Condemned was sooo underrated.

Jambi
04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Dead Space for sure

Qavala
04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
tool are gods.

Im gonna have to say Battlefeild Bad Company didn't get the attention it deserved. It's a great online game. Good fun.

dakisbac
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
That it took 34 posts for a mention of Kameo saddens me. While pretty much all Rare games are underrated this generation, Kameo is the best example of a great game with very little support.

rawkerdude5012
04-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Yea Crakcdown was underrated a bit and I think Bully was too, that game was sooo much fun.

kasparsade
04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Halo wars because noone is liking it because probably they have never playied or seen the game roflcopter:mods:ass

Rugger X
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I think GTA IV is very underrated and a lot of people go around saying Saints Row is better when it lacks, story, graphics and good gameplay which is really all a god game is.

I'm not sure if I agree with GTA IV being underrated. I feel what you're saying with a lot of people coming out and saying that Saints Row 2 is better, but GTA IV has a metacritic score of 98 and was a finalist, if not winner, for many gaming awards last year.

l Absolution l
04-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Two Worlds and Dark Massiah: Might and Magic are both really good games, but underrated.

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-21-2009, 03:26 AM
I really enjoyed Kane and Lynch. It wasn't the greatest, but it was definitley better than most of the reviews I read.