PDA

View Full Version : bioshock or dead space?

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 08:52 PM
bioshock or dead space?

laundryman
04-17-2009, 08:59 PM
I'd say BioShock. Tried Dead Space at a friends house and never got into it.

Kuraeon
04-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I have Bioshock for PC, since that broke I decided I would trade Dead Space in to get Bioshock for my 360. Don't bother with Dead Space in my opinion!

CyanideBreathMint
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Rent them both and decide for yourself.

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Depends what you want really.

If you want dark, jumpy, different, but nonetheless a stunning game, get Dead Space.

If you want pretty darn good graphics, although not as good as Dead Space, a more compelling and interesting storyline, rather than dark, but still pretty jumpy, get Bioshock.

I feel they are pretty different, and can't really pick my fave of the two.

NYKnicker
04-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Definitely... BioShock!

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Dead Space was good.... but sucks compared to Bioshock which is truly awesome! Probably my favorite single player only game I have ever played.

Zombie Ghandi
04-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Personally I say Dead Space.

BUT

you're best off following breathmint's advice as if you go purely on number of responses you'll end up with bioshock.

For what it's worth though heres my reasoning- Dead Space has the graphics, atmosphere and fun with several really nice touches. It's weakest point is probably the storyline in particular the main character's interaction with the NPCs which is relatively unrealistic and the ship itself doesnt feel lived in (you'll understand what I'm trying to express if you've played System Shock 2).

Bioshock is a bit older but the graphics are still nice and it's a good solid game, similarly to Dead Space it's weak point is predominantly in the story- the audiologs are slightly more coherent and give the place a more 'lived in atmosphere' but aspects of the story are plain stupid. I suppose it largely comes down to personal tastes but I found myself drawn back to replaying Dead Space while unable to motivate myself to get the last two achievements on Bioshock (possibly just because to me it's a weak continuation of the System Shock legacy).

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Thankyou for your advice guys! I just ordered Dead Space and Two Worlds. While I wait for them I think i'll enjoy more of gears of war 2, I'm attempting to get to wave 50 . I'm on wave 40 atm, Anyone done the waves on insane? Let me know how well you went with that :P

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
You will be dissapointed with Two Worlds, especially seeing as you played Oblivion which is amazingly better then Two Worlds and it doesnt look like you were interested in Oblivion (Seeing as theres only 50 points racked up ;))

Missing out not getting Bioshock... :D

skull3k3
04-17-2009, 10:06 PM
bioshock hands down

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Thankyou for your advice guys! I just ordered Dead Space and Two Worlds. While I wait for them I think i'll enjoy more of gears of war 2, I'm attempting to get to wave 50 . I'm on wave 40 atm, Anyone done the waves on insane? Let me know how well you went with that :P

Could've bought Bioshock instead of Two Worlds, probs bout same price. Two Worlds fails. Also, I've done waves 45-50 on Insane. Not too bad on River with shields blocking off the door to either of the large buildings.

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Lol, I'm just starting to actually play oblivion again actually. It is quite good tbh. I'm not missing out on Bioshock, I will get it later. I love trying any games whether they be good or bad, you don't know until you like them. I suppose everyone has a different opinion. Its like fallout 3 I don't know whether I like it or not, I guess I'll just have to keep playing it.

Anyone waiting for Prototype? I hope it won't be a disappointment. It actually sounds/looks brilliant. Xbox magazines are saying it looks brilliant from what they've seen/tried. I just hope what they've said is true, loads of good stuff is coming out around this time - july. Can't wait to try out Age Of Conan aswell on 360. Should be fantastic. Champions Online sounds okay, I've never actually played it on the PC but apparently it was good.

Back on to Oblivion, I actually died and forgot to save when I came out the cave so I had to start from like 3/4 of the way in the cave and I couldn't be arsed to carry on the other day but I will give it another go, it is quite fun and it is interesting. Any tips I should know of ?

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh It only cost me 25(including postage) for both so, I'm not really bothered aha. If I don't enjoy two worlds, I'm sure I could sell it? =]

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Meh, just keep it. I like keeping all my games to build up my collection.

I strongly recommend buying Bioshock when you get the money. I prefer Dead Space, but both games are phenomenal.

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 10:54 PM
I do have the money, I just don't want to keep pushing the limit of using my dads card. Lol. He might get a bit pissed at that. xD
Although he does use my xbox and is currently playing fable 2 and he is nearly 40 years old - awesome dad eh? :P

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Wait, I made that sound like I hack his card or something LOL. Noes, I pay him the money and he orders the games.

Kamakazi Pear
04-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Wait, I made that sound like I hack his card or something LOL. Noes, I pay him the money and he orders the games.

Haha, I know what you mean. I wanted to order 20 games a few weeks ago, but my mum can't be bothered ordering games, it annoys her.

And yeah, my dad plays Resident Evil, Dead Space etc. :p

l Absolution l
04-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Bioshock, in my opinion.

Nikkarr
04-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, my mum hates games, she always complains everytime im on it. I just want to strangle her, but shes my mum. My dad seems to be addicted to fable 2, hes just staring at the screen like O________O "MUST PLAY FABLE"

Xterma
04-17-2009, 11:33 PM
bioshock or dead space?

i would go with dead space, better gameply in my opinion

iKiddo
04-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Tenner says everyone that said Bioshock thinks Halo 3 is overrated.

jj harvey
04-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Bioshock is one of the best single player games around and so cheap now, no reason not to get it!

Bioshock is one of my favourite games and I love Halo. :p

Barker76
04-18-2009, 01:06 AM
both are really really really good, you simply HAVE to play them both!

CyanideBreathMint
04-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Bioshock was ok up to well, you know where. Halo 3 is overrated. Halo 2 had probably one of gaming's worst endings...ever. I liked the first Halo though.

Parkerktm
04-18-2009, 01:46 AM
I've never actually played Dead Space but I saw the Gametrailers.com review and after playing Bioshock TWICE I can't stress how awesome and exciting of a game it is.

Plus you can get Bioshock at most places for $20 or $30 New compared to Dead Space which I believe is still up in the $40-50 range.

Good Luck on whichever game you decide on.

EpicGinge
04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Bioshock is more fun, dead space is too serious.

Nooblade
04-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I would say: Both, even if I didnt play a lot on both (Have to finish them) but there are really different and with 2 differents and also quite similiar ambient.

2 greats FPS!

Bluntman428
04-18-2009, 01:51 PM
BioShock is one of the greatest games of all time, with the review scores to back the claims. So it's not really fair to compare the two, although they share some similar gameplay elements.

Dead Space is an incredible game, but despite its awesomeness, it wasn't really in the same league as BioShock and Fallout 3. Those two games are among the greatest singleplayer-only games ever created.

Yunder
04-18-2009, 08:06 PM
For me, I'd go with Bioshock because its my favorite game on the 360.
Although Dead Space is one of my Top five favorite 360 games though.

HadMatters13
04-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I personally think Bioshock is the better of the two, but they are both great games and well worth playing.

XLO
04-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Between the two games, I would pick BioShock. Although I would like to point out that I loved both games and have 1100/1100 out of BioShock and 1000/1000 for Dead Space so you can see that I enjoyed both.

Deathblow23
04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Both...they are both worth putting several hours in to. In fact,...they are both playing until you get every last achievement in both games. Bioshock is utterly amazing in every way...and Dead Space is about a close as a second place contender could possibly be.

Diaxen
04-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Both are really fantastic games.

CyanideBreathMint
04-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Thankyou for your advice guys! I just ordered Dead Space and Two Worlds.
He's already bought what he wanted.

Kamakazi Pear
04-19-2009, 10:22 AM
He's already bought what he wanted.

Haha yeah, I was getting pretty annoyed that everyone continued posting after the purchase. Oh well.

Baryonyx
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Dead Space, any day of the week. Dead Space, I thought, was one of the best games out last year. Bioshock, on the other hand, was overrated and a bit "meh".

NoodleII
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Both...they are both worth putting several hours in to. In fact,...they are both playing until you get every last achievement in both games. Bioshock is utterly amazing in every way...and Dead Space is about a close as a second place contender could possibly be.

I think this hits it right on the head. I played Bioshock long after it had been out and was really surprised at how good it was. Dead Space is a totally different type of game in some respects and should be enjoyed just as equally. I was skeptical of Dead Space but a friend let me borrow it and I have already played through it twice, something I don't usually do for most games. I'd eventually like to own my own copy to experience it again 6+ months from now. Now I am going back to Bioshock for more achievements and the experience again. In fact, Bioshock is one of those games that would just pop in my head at the weiredst of time and create this urge to want to go play it - almost like it had some subliminal implants in it when I played through it the first time - lol!

carter1412
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
both brilliant games ! bioshock had a better story, but dead space has gore ( gota love blowin some legs off), and better game play in my opinion, so id say deadspace

BaconHorde
04-22-2009, 08:10 PM
I feel that the games are sort of hard to compare. BioShock is a slightly more fast paced FPS whilst Dead Space is a slower horror game (No, I never was -that- afraid whilst playing BioShock, but Dead Space made me have a spare change of undies nearby)

CyanideBreathMint
04-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Reading the entire thread...FTW.

Vita Ante Acta
04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Bioshock so you can prepare for the GOTY, Bioshock 2 :)

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-23-2009, 02:08 AM
BioShock no question.

SID3WAYZ FIN3ST
04-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Personally Ive only played the demo of Bioshock and didn't really find love in it. So I rented Dead Space and had a last kept it for awhile though

But yea Dead Space is a fun game just gotta get used to the controls, also Bioshock 2 is coming out sooner or later so you could always play the first one so you have some idea

littlemissymoo
05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Bioshock......I watched a mate play Dead Space and wasn't impressed.

Bioshock was one of the reasons I got into xbox really.

Can't wait tilll Bioshock 2

ToXiCRalN
05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Definatley Bioshock. More people like it.

Jethrow
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
have both game but havent really gotten into either of them. Bioshock is a pretty unique experience. I'd have to say that.

Pheonix_Assassin
05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Never played DeadSpace but if its Single Player you want go with Bioshock, its simply the best Single Player Game for the xbox 360 =]

CyanideBreathMint
05-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Bioshock......I watched a mate play Dead Space and wasn't impressed.

Bioshock was one of the reasons I got into xbox really.

Can't wait tilll Bioshock 2
Hi there, if you'd have read the thread, you'd know the thread starter has long since purchased what they were after.

Welcome to the board. :)

Tussell
05-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Again, another useless comparison thread.
They're two different games! :mad:

They're both pretty mediocre in my opinion.

pX I Atticus
05-08-2009, 02:14 AM
...............BIOSHOCK lol

CyanideBreathMint
05-08-2009, 02:18 AM
...............BIOSHOCK lol
You should be slapped with a penis.

_DoTTeR_
05-08-2009, 02:24 AM
I liked dead space more. Both are great games though

agentplatypus
05-08-2009, 02:37 AM
I had a lot more fun with Dead Space. I feel bioshock is overrated and Dead Space is underrated.
Just my opinion though.

And yes I realize the OP has already decided which game to check out.

L Demonic I
05-08-2009, 02:43 AM
I had a lot more fun with Dead Space. I feel bioshock is overrated and Dead Space is underrated.
Just my opinion though. I agree with you bioshock is a bit overated

agentplatypus
05-08-2009, 02:44 AM
You should be slapped with a penis. That's going in my sig.

Bleeding Star
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Dead Space

Bioshock I feel its overrated and I absolutly hated it, was so boring

skel3t0n
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I hated Bioshock, I thought it was incredibly slow and dull. However I love Dead Space. Such good sound and matching visuals, the plasma cutter is just awesome, the enemies are beasts and are so satisfying to kill and dismember. I love dead space so Id take it over bioshock any day.