PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Quality and Your Opinion?

xII Killtac IIx
04-18-2009, 04:05 AM
Hello X360A Community, I was just wondering if I could get your reviews on The Godfather II. Anything would be nice, such as should I rent, or buy, what you think of the storyline, and how this game rates on a scale of 1-10.

Thank You All,
Killtac

steezY
04-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Rent, you'll beat it in less than 15 hours.

It's essentially a GTA knockoff, just like the first one. I really enjoyed it, but I pretty much have fun with any GTA knockoffs(Scarface, anyone?). Storyline kept me interested. The gameplay was repetitive, but it didn't really bother me too much because the game was so short.

I only had two real issues with it:

1) A couple times my car got stuck and when I exited, it disappeared taking 1-3 men from my crew along with it. I just had to re-add them through the Don's View but it was still irritating.
2) Most of the venues you take over feel like a maze, especially the construction or chop shop ones. I hated running through the huge maze to find the owner and then trying to retrace my steps to get out.

Fizzmatix
04-18-2009, 06:54 AM
Id give this a rent not really worth $60. I just finished this about an hour ago, steezy will tell you some moments where I was scratching my head and asking stupid questions. Some things really aren't explained that well and it gets quite repetitive. Graphics are half ass at best seeing as EA have proven they can get a team together who really can produce amazing visuals and interesting gameplay.

Pretty easy achievements once you work out how to get them and such and the story is quite interesting. Sadly for me there are far more cons than pros but it's worth a try as everyone has different tastes in games.

One example which annoyed me over everything else is the aim and shoot system, don't get me wrong it works pretty well about 80% of the time but locking onto people who are hidden behind pillers and walls that are to far away to shoot when there is a a mobster 10ft in front of you shooting your face off and the system still wants to lock onto the mobster miles away and hidden behind a wall.

If it wasn't for the story I think I would have stopped playing this game and traded it in half way though. Lesson learnt buy pre-owned rather than new as you have 7 days to take it back and get your money back.

Overall I give it about 6/10 mainly for the story but there are some good things in the game, you really need to play it before you can judge though.

CunningFox
04-18-2009, 11:12 AM
The storyline is good as is the voice acting and the strategy element is great. The multiplayer is underrated and the only problem is that the story is too short...

ST3ALTH_93
04-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I think this game is generally good, HOWEVER it is almost exactly the same as GTA which was dissapointing. I would give this game 7/10 because the graphics are good, has a solid storyline even if it doesnt go exactly with the film, online is quite good and the menus are really easy to use, especially the dons view!! All in all a really good game but rent it dont buy it!

xII Killtac IIx
04-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for all of your reviews, I might go rent it today and try it out.