PDA

View Full Version : Galactrix vs. Warlords

MEMANIAsama
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
If I had to compare this to Puzzle Quest 1 on the DS (I never played the 360 version), it's nowhere near as interesting and awesome. It has tons of mini-games and modes like Hacking, Rumor Unlocking, Bartering, etc. But, NONE of it matters. There's a number of reasons why this happens.

One is simply, who cares THAT much about the "lore" of this game to go and do the Rumors. As far as I know they don't "unlock" anything and it's essentially a waste of time. As for Bartering... who cares? Beta Centauri pretty much DESTROYS the game, as you can farm there for an infinite amount of time for an infinite amount of money, and so buying stuff cheap doesn't especially matter. It'd have been nice to have a lot of hostile ships in that area so it would be a pain in the ass to simply "farm" all day long, but...

Another issue that "broke" this game for me, is this whole "Lost" mini-quest I went on. Once you get all 8, which honestly isn't that hard to do since it involves NO combat or anything (dumb move on their part) you can essentially avoid all random battles which THEN negates the need to give half a shit about your factions with any of the other people. I'm currently level 23 and I can go wherever I want without ever having to encounter a random battle. With that being said, the game also seems so much shorter and it goes by a lot quicker, you level up after any quest/task you do it seems.

I really want to like this game, and I do, but there's just so many gaping holes where it seems like they took a step back from the first game or they wanted to make things "easier" and made it easier in all the wrong places and harder in others (hacking for example can become boring/tedious they should've given EXP and/or Money rewards for hacking.)

Alaeus
04-19-2009, 02:11 PM
The main problem I have with Galactrix is that you don't make much progress fighting. You spend all that time and effort to get sweet ships, weapons and stuff, but mostly you are better off skipping the battles entirely. When you gain a certain power you rarely battle at all. It all boils down to gate hacking, mining and rumour gathering (the latter giving you insane amounts of experience, making battles totally needless).

All in all I like Galactrix, but it's often more annoying than Warlords and rarely as rewarding.

MEMANIAsama
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
The main problem I have with Galactrix is that you don't make much progress fighting. You spend all that time and effort to get sweet ships, weapons and stuff, but mostly you are better off skipping the battles entirely. When you gain a certain power you rarely battle at all. It all boils down to gate hacking, mining and rumour gathering (the latter giving you insane amounts of experience, making battles totally needless).

All in all I like Galactrix, but it's often more annoying than Warlords and rarely as rewarding.

Rumor gathering gives you EXP? Oh, maybe I WILL go and do that then. Also, the special ability, are you referring to completing the "Lost" quest or is there something even more awesome?