PDA

View Full Version : Takedown from clinch

JaggedIceMan
04-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Has anyone been successful in taking down an opponent while in a clinch? I've been trying and I haven't figured it out. Perhaps it's more of a wrestlers move and something that a kickboxer and muy thai fighter can't do. I hope it's in the final version

x2o9xLegendx
04-19-2009, 03:09 PM
You have to hold LB and then push the RS in a direction. Go through the tutorials. They'd really helped me out on the demo.

Thelorn
04-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah while clinching if you try with shogun no matter the direction you hit he will pull guard. Chuck will do two tosses,trip and a slam.

666priest
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah while clinching if you try with shogun no matter the direction you hit he will pull guard. Chuck will do two tosses,trip and a slam.

I actually manage to take down Chuck Liddel from the clinch but he was hurt a little as well as gassed (I did a trip from the clinch and landed on top of him with half guard).

x2o9xLegendx
04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I was playing as liddel and I was on top of Shogun and somehow I pick him up off his back and slammed him back on the mat. Then another time Shogun tried to take me to the ground but he fell under me and i lifted him off his stomach and flip him onto his head and back. Its hard to figure some of the controls out.

JaggedIceMan
04-20-2009, 04:14 AM
Yeah I've been able to do some sweet sweeps and slams, but have no idea how I did them.

Frunkis
04-22-2009, 09:58 AM
I was playing as liddel and I was on top of Shogun and somehow I pick him up off his back and slammed him back on the mat. Then another time Shogun tried to take me to the ground but he fell under me and i lifted him off his stomach and flip him onto his head and back. Its hard to figure some of the controls out.

Yeah I found those too. They're liddel's signature slams when you hold the LB button in certain positions. One is out of the open guard (offense) where he slams them down and postures up. The other is that power bomb out of the sprawl. The slams themselves take a huge chunk of hps away.