PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero controller problems

Horwitz
04-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Hello everyone,

So I had a question regarding the Guitar Hero controller. Recently I purchased a used wireless guitar hero controller and was stoked because I had been wanting to play World Tour for a while, but never came around to it, plus the freedom of movement from the wireless controller sounded awesome. I cleaned it up (removed the stickers and crap on it), put new batteries in it and turned it on. Problem was the system did not recognize it and the activation light on the controller wasn't registering with the system as it blinked continusously. So I thought big deal, I'll just push the little button on the bottom so it'll recalibrate and register. Still didn't happen. So I'm wondering, is there something else you need to get the controller to work or a certain setting the console needs to have to register the controller? It seems this controller is either homesick for its old system or my xbox is being stubborn. What can I do?

Sonado
04-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Is it the GH3 guitar? and I assume you bought it used. There is no other way, try holding the little button on the guitar. But if that doesn't work, you're screwed, you probably bought a bad guitar.

Vyper666
04-19-2009, 02:38 AM
I had a very similar problem except with Rock Band. Try pushing both the button on the 360 AND on the GH controller at the same time, should work then.

Horwitz
04-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Is it the GH3 guitar? and I assume you bought it used. There is no other way, try holding the little button on the guitar. But if that doesn't work, you're screwed, you probably bought a bad guitar.

Thats frustrating. Meh, it just means I'll have to return it and get my money back. That sucks though, it doesn't make sense why it wouldn't work. I assumed it would be the same as a standard xbox controller.

Sonado
04-19-2009, 03:38 AM
They do, but I'm assuming the guitar controller is used and has a crap receiver or whatever it's called.

Glowin Smurff
04-20-2009, 12:00 AM
do what vyper said, u need to press both sync buttons the one on the 360 and the one on the guitar.

phobzy85
04-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Also make sure the batteries are fully charged, it had problems with mine syncing once before and when I changed the batteries it worked...

dakisbac
04-20-2009, 02:17 PM
You realise that you need to press the sync button on both the console and the controller at the same time, right? (not at the exact same time) Make sure your batteries are good too, otherwise your controller may just turn on, attempt to sync, then turn off