PDA

View Full Version : Appearing Offline Question

Mister Buds
04-19-2009, 04:35 AM
i have this friend on my list that's been pretending to be offline for about a dozen days now. however, i know he's been on since a couple of his games were just recently played yesterday. also, he has achievements earned within his offline time. he also changed his motto today. yet he still appears as offline for over a week now. i'm just wondering how he pulled this trick. i know you can set your status to offline, but that can only be done once your online. it resets the next time you turn on your console. then in privacy settings you can only block your online status, so on other people's lists you appear as offline with no "last seen" status.

my reason for doing this is when i'm on my xbox i'm usually preoccupied with something, but people send me numerous invites to games and parties as well as messages. i set my status to offline whenever i remember but i usually forget. when i block my status and appear as "offline" in their list they can still know i'm online.

oh, i would message this friend about how to do this but i've already sent him some other messages regarding a couple games and he hasn't responded back yet. so, i assume he's trying to keep up the offline prank.

MANILAGORILLA89
04-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Do u ever go to privacy settings and block your online status?

Thegreatest7884
04-19-2009, 04:58 AM
If your xbox is set to not sign in when it turns on, you can change your status before you even sign in.

Mister Buds
04-19-2009, 05:17 AM
If your xbox is set to not sign in when it turns on, you can change your status before you even sign in.

:eek:
thank you.

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 12:54 PM
how can you do that?

Deadly Moves
04-19-2009, 12:58 PM
or if your fast you can change your status before your fully signed in.. i do it all the time.
As soon as i turn on my xbox it signes me in.. but if you go to your preferences menu and appear offline straight away it doesnt notify anyone that your online

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
or if your fast you can change your status before your fully signed in.. i do it all the time.
As soon as i turn on my xbox it signes me in.. but if you go to your preferences menu and appear offline straight away it doesnt notify anyone that your online
I always do that and my freinds always know that I am online.

Deadly Moves
04-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I always do that and my freinds always know that I am online.
Works for me....lol

Somewhere in your profile settings you can set it so you dont sign in automatically.
Change that. and before you sign in, set your preference to appear offline and then sign in.

Monkey Ninja
04-19-2009, 01:21 PM
It could have been possible that they changed their motto on the xbox website

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Is that only on Xbox.com or does it say last seen if you send a message on the xbox.