PDA

View Full Version : Can't Buy Microsoft Points

tremberz
04-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know whether its a problem with Xbox Live or not but I cannot purchase any microsoft points. Everytime I confirm purchase of a certain bundle the same error comes up - "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later. Status Code: 80169d94."
I tried at first last night, and the error came up so I stopped and tried again today thinking it would work but still no luck. Does anyone know why this would work, does anyone else know of this? By the way my credit card details are correct so it can't be that problem. Any help will be appreciated.

DDcup x
04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
dodgy credit card?
My card wasnt accepted on XBL for unknown reasons, so i have to buy points from GAME etc.

tremberz
04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
dodgy credit card?
My card wasnt accepted on XBL for unknown reasons, so i have to buy points from GAME etc.

It's nothing to do with my credit card, I have bought from there before with the same card, its only just happened. Although this is the first time in a while I have tried to purchase microsoft points.

georgiandben
04-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe check the expiration date on the card..I know that is what was wrong with mine when I couldn't figure it out.

tremberz
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Let me say this again. There's nothing wrong with my credit card, all details are correct, money is available. It's something else.

master_shake_350
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Maybe Microsoft is having issues?

MattyBoosh
04-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Do you still get the error when trying to buy a points bundle via the Marketplace @ xbox.com?

Jammy6
04-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I bought some earlier today and it was fine. Maybe worth checking all your details are correct on the CC.

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Your credit card details and e-mail details do not match, make them the same and then phone microsoft and tell them to unlock your account. They lock accounts because of this because of the risk of fraud.

Revolver
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Let me say this again. There's nothing wrong with my credit card, all details are correct, money is available. It's something else.

I had the same problem, and I even made a thread about this a few days ago so you should've searched before making this thread.

Anyways, I called MS and the reason I couldn't buy MS points with my credit card or redeem MS point cards was because the information on my credit card and windows Live don't match perfectly so my account was locked.
I'm sure you got the same issue so first make sure your info matches and then call MS and tell them to unlock your account.:drunk

tremberz
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Your credit card details and e-mail details do not match, make them the same and then phone microsoft and tell them to unlock your account. They lock accounts because of this because of the risk of fraud.

My account got hacked a while ago and they must have blocked my card on my account so it can't be used, that may be the problem.

gamerguy69
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Anyways, I called MS and the reason I couldn't buy MS points with my credit card or redeem MS point cards was because the information on my credit card and windows Live don't match perfectly so my account was locked.

I've purchased points using 3 different cards. Two were my own and once I used my mom's CC. The info (billing address) on her card does NOT match my Windows LIVE ID although I had no problem buying the points. I just entered her name/address when prompted. :confused:

Your issue may have more to do with changing regions perhaps.

The problem the OP is having my just be something on MS end. Usually when CC details are the problem you are prompted to double-check them and try again. His error message is Try Again Later.

Revolver
04-19-2009, 11:52 PM
I've purchased points using 3 different cards. Two were my own and once I used my mom's CC. The info (billing address) on her card does NOT match my Windows LIVE ID although I had no problem buying the points. I just entered her name/address when prompted. :confused:

Your issue may have more to do with changing regions perhaps.

The problem the OP is having my just be something on MS end. Usually when CC details are the problem you are prompted to double-check them and try again. His error message is Try Again Later.

Well, I would always get the same error message he's getting, with the whole Try Again Later displaying.
That's been displaying for the last 2 months so I'd say we're both on the same page.
I'd suggest just giving MS a call just to pinpoint the problem.