PDA

View Full Version : Any Great Games to play with your Girlfriend??

pX I Atticus
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
RIght guys as i write this my Girl next to me is playing Fable 2 we both love games prob me more :p we have played some RE5.

But what im say is what great games are out that we can play together??

we have Rock Band, RE5, Fable 2 which we play we just fancy something really good and not SAINTS ROW 2 :P lol

Thanks

Adam & Ami
(Atticus & StarLight)

Xterma
04-19-2009, 06:16 PM
RE5 is the best

U be chris and she be Sheva and u go AT IT all night (dnt take it the wrong way LOL)

pX I Atticus
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
ya thing is she cant aim for shit :p so she ends up killing 2 ppl where as i kill 80 lol but we be there and DONE it ALL NIGHT :p

KNUCKS x360a
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
RIght guys as i write this my Girl next to me is playing Fable 2 we both love games prob me more :p we have played some RE5.

But what im say is what great games are out that we can play together??

we have Rock Band, RE5, Fable 2 which we play we just fancy something really good and not SAINTS ROW 2 :P lol

Thanks

Adam & Ami

(Atticus & StarLight)

I usually go for the Arcade titles when my girls playing too!:

Sealife Safari
Interpol
Worms etc.

Its sweet! - She plays & i get points! :woop:

Xterma
04-19-2009, 06:22 PM
ya thing is she cant aim for shit :p so she ends up killing 2 ppl where as i kill 80 lol but we be there and DONE it ALL NIGHT :p

LOL, i hope her aiming isnt bad anywhere else :Bounce:

Baryonyx
04-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Play some levels of COD:WaW on co-op.

WRM5567
04-19-2009, 06:41 PM
You could always play any fighting game with your girlfriend and put in a stip that whoever loses has to lose a piece of clothing. Make for a interesting evening :p.

EpicGinge
04-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Try scare her with RE5, so you can comfort her... lol

KNUCKS x360a
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
LOL

Wow, not saying names or anything, but its easy to tell who's had/got a GF in here!! ;) :woop:

YogiB
04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
You could always play any fighting game with your girlfriend and put in a stip that whoever loses has to lose a piece of clothing. Make for a interesting evening :p.
:whs
Or with Rock Band 1 or 2 or some of the GH games if you have two guitars,it`s fun:P.
Don`t ask how I know that:p.

Th33Troop33r
04-19-2009, 07:19 PM
soul calibur or any other fighting game

Seany Show
04-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I found playing Scene It Box Office Smash is quite a good game for the ladies. Otherwise Lip's. You get good gamerscore and the ladies love you for it :D

Rugger X
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
The lego games are decent multiplayer.

HacksawDoomx187
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I found playing Scene It Box Office Smash is quite a good game for the ladies. Otherwise Lip's. You get good gamerscore and the ladies love you for it :D

Agreed, any music game, Scene It!, You're In The Movies, and depending on the girl, LEGO games are typically good games to play with your gf.

Lizbinim
04-19-2009, 07:39 PM
When I play with my boyfriend, we always prefer to play arcade games like Hexic and Peggle lol. Not over-exciting for some of you I'm sure, but it's a laugh :)

Squirt Me Goo
04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
i play call of duty zombies with mine she loves it up till level 2 lol

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Would defo try the Lego games, doesnt require alot of skill, they are funny and fun to play.

Ligerblaze
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Civilization Revolution - playing that with my boyfriend atm :)

Spanky4G63
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm surprised no one has said Viva Pinata yet. We get into it intensley sometimes yelling at each other and at the tv.

bathori
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Game me and the wife enjoy together.... Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, Lego games, Soul Caliber 4, Ultimate MK3, Civilization.
We also play a lot of RPG's together, helping each other solve puzzles and look for secrets.

Parkerktm
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Uno all the way on this one.

General Khazard
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
My gf loves fighting games like soul caliber and dead or alive. Occasionally she'll play Halo with me, and I could probably get her to play RE5 but I haven't really tried yet. I have a feeling she would love puzzle/adventure games like the lego games too.

Jimmy Hapa
04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Beautiful Katamari Damacy is such a great game for couples, as is any of the Dynasty Warriors games.

If you can play Japanese games, I'd recommend any vertical/horizontal scrolling shooter and the game Idol Master: Live For You.

Jammy6
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Lips would be a good game to try.

Hi im Klima
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Lega indiana jones

SOW Camoflauge
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I would say family game night. A lot of games there to play, you just have to pay for them.

SaintKnight
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
The Rock Band and Guitar Hero franchises scream out the answer to this topic. Family Game Night is another good one, but, if you think about it, you can get most of those board games for really cheap anyways.

Glowin Smurff
04-19-2009, 11:54 PM
for us its

Gears1/2, GuitarHero2/3/WT, Rockband1/2, GRAW 1/2, Scene It:BOS and Scene It:LCA, Silent Hill, Leisure Suit Larry, etc. etc. wide variety. :)

gatorbait
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised no one has said Viva Pinata yet. We get into it intensley sometimes yelling at each other and at the tv.

That was the first game that came to mind. I think the second one has some co-op type elements so it's worth a shot. The game has a very 'cutesy' image that appeals to females and small kids but it's a pretty deep and addicting game.

Glowin Smurff
04-20-2009, 12:16 AM
That was the first game that came to mind. I think the second one has some co-op type elements so it's worth a shot. The game has a very 'cutesy' image that appeals to females and small kids but it's a pretty deep and addicting game.

oh yeah i forgot Viva Pinata Party Animals. which is fun and mariokartish and has some fun mini games.

ChrisDeston
04-20-2009, 12:17 AM
And she was surprised to see L4D isn't on there.
thing is she cant aim for shit But she still seems to enjoy it, even if she doesn't get the most kills.
This is pretty easy too cause if it's just the two of you, the AI can cover her (so you don't always have to try and protect if she isnt the best of gamers) and you can still play like normal (save that it's on an easier setting).

She also loves Bomberman Live. She doesn't seem keen on Halo but's got about half way through the campaign but she refuses to go on the Guitar Hero games with me. Too shy to sing (despite doing shows in front of audiences as a singer) the drums (and watching the screen for too long) gives her a headache but she plays the guitar with her mates when they're having a night in with a few drinks.

I don't like RE5 so that's a no :) [my opinion is based on demo alone]
As for the Lego series, i've never actually played these, never even knew they had multiplayer! What're they like? In terms of co-op enjoyability over gamerscore (but also what're they like for Achievements, she wont care but I don't wanna have another crappy game with no achievements clogging my tag)

This was a good thread idea btw, never thought of asking the community :)

EDIT: My girlfriends aim is improving :rolleyes:

ChrisDeston
04-20-2009, 12:19 AM
oh yeah i forgot Viva Pinata Party Animals. which is fun and mariokartish and has some fun mini games.

:whs:whs:whs
I forgot that too.
Very childish game, but always good for a laugh.

RevGigglestick
04-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey... I'm new to the board. My wife and I started playing Lego Indiana Jones the other day.. That's a fun one.

Panda
04-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Viva Pinata 2, Beautiful Katamari, Rock Band 2 and Halo 3 is what me and my gf both love playing :).

pX I Atticus
04-20-2009, 01:51 AM
ya hmmm.... i think i will have a look into Lego Indiana Jones and please any use this to show off to everyones GF to show whats good to play:D

Kerbs
04-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Sluts like Rock Band.

hondafanatic17
04-20-2009, 01:58 AM
The game of Love! LOL!
No really Rainbow 6 Vegas is fun 2 player and you can get it for like 5 bucks.

CyanideBreathMint
04-20-2009, 02:05 AM
When I play with my boyfriend, we always prefer to play arcade games like Hexic and Peggle lol. Not over-exciting for some of you I'm sure, but it's a laugh :)
Peggle's a fantastic game. Top 5 best on Live! Arcade.

M85A21
04-20-2009, 02:08 AM
The LEGO games, and surprisingly, Fight Night Round 3...Which might say something about us.

Rugger X
04-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Sluts like Rock Band.

Unnecessary bro, he's asking for games to play with his gf.

Dz06lt
04-20-2009, 02:22 AM
My wife and i have played through Gears 1 & 2, halo 3, army of 2, & Kane & Lynch among others i know we will play blood on the sand together

CyanideBreathMint
04-20-2009, 02:26 AM
My wife and i have played through Gears 1 & 2, halo 3, army of 2, & Kane & Lynch among others i know we will play blood on the sand together
Fiddy's a great game, I won't lie...it's my secret shame. Have to get back into that one myself. I wish Mrs. Mint would play a game on the 360 but I'll have to settle with my lil dudes (Junior Mints 1 and 2).

Dz06lt
04-20-2009, 02:30 AM
this time its a good game thats nothing to be ashamed of, the last time however......

CienPR
04-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Worms is fun or any simple game really. I used to go with Monopoly but that just gets duller everytime.

Charlie121
04-20-2009, 04:18 AM

My girl loves Scene it and Lips. Hasbro Family came Night's Scrabble and Connect fours she likes.. but I don't. She also likes to play halo 3, Castle crashers, and uno. Her favorite is Halo 3.. which I don't mind :woop:

FoX I tD
04-20-2009, 05:42 AM
We usually play Scene it Guitar Hero or Uno she got me the 200 in it lol but she really doesent like games that much.

JJBDude
04-20-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm so glad I put through the crap I recieved as my stressy girlfriend struggled to do any song on Easy on Guitar Hero/Rock Band, I had never seen anyone play so badly lol but eventually she got the hang of it and now playing on Medium is able to help me get achievements no one else would bother to do (5 star co-op on GH3 lol).

My girlfriend also is a big Crash Bandicoot fan and recently bought me Crash of the Titans so we could play together. I wasn't sure at first because being an achievement whore I wanted to get them all and pausing all the time to check a guide to see if I've missed anything wouldn't be fun for her. I've now come to terms with accepting that I'm simply playing the game for fun with my loved one and not caring so much for the achievements (which is a RARE thing for me these days lol). Using it as a bonus play through, preparing me to go on Hard.

Finally as someone else mentioned the Lego games are probably good. I can't say yet but I will eventually give them a go with mine.

Edit: - Anyone got any tips on how to get your girlfriend in to FPS? lol. Mine is curious but is always put off by not being able to control moving with left stick and looking with the right at once (something I been doing for years and take for granted). I think my best bet is to get something which is fun without being Hard so playing Left 4 Dead on the easiest difficulty maybe?

DENAz666
04-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Really depends on what type of games your missus enjoys. Here are a couple of ones that me and my GF enjoyed together:

GoW2
Army of Two
Left 4 Dead
Guitar Hero (all of them)
RockBand 1&2
COD WaW (nice co-op)
Halo3 (although i struggled with that one, really not the biggest fan:P)

Then there is a whole host of Arcade games that are great fun

ChrisDeston
04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Edit: - Anyone got any tips on how to get your girlfriend in to FPS? lol. Mine is curious but is always put off by not being able to control moving with left stick and looking with the right at once (something I been doing for years and take for granted). I think my best bet is to get something which is fun without being Hard so playing Left 4 Dead on the easiest difficulty maybe?

Haha, yeah, that's the same problem I'm dealing with atm. I tried her on Halo at first, thinking since it's a big open space she'd cope better but she prefers L4D on Easy. You just have to be patient, especially when it comes to what appear to be difficult obstacles like jumps, stairs and ladders haha :)
Oh, and if she doesn't see something, make sure you take your time in pointing it out to her, shooting it repeatedly with your pistol isn't a big enough clue and may wind her up more than help her.
Learn from experience. :D

Tussell
04-20-2009, 08:50 AM
My ex used to play Halo 2 occasionally when she came over.

She liked talking shit rather than playing the game though. It was cute. :p

RhiN85
04-20-2009, 10:08 AM
MY bf and I have played the Crash Bandicoot and LEGO games together, that seemed to work quite well.
We tend to help each other out on arcade games, but not actually play together at the same time. I tend to spot better options on PuzzleQuest, but he's further into the story than I am, so I just sit and shout "Not that one, try swapping in the top right corner!"

@JJBDude - I got the hang of l stick/r stick control from playing RPGs (eg Oblivion), then moved over into FPSs. Could be worth a try if you have any.

drunkenalien
04-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Sluts like Rock Band.

lolol i'll second that.

Charlie121
04-20-2009, 10:51 AM

My girlfriend was the same way. She can't move the L/R sticks at once very well at all. The first time she played Halo 3 online though she wanted to kill other people to prove me wrong. Her first game she got 2 kills, but after that it went downhill haha. Anyways she loves playing it now, but she still isn't good with the stick movement. She gets about 3 to 8 kills a game... and it isn't rare if she gets 0 to 2 lol.

master_shake_350
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Me and my ex used to play American Wasteland all the time (even though see sucked).

My friend who is a girl is hooked on Nazi Zombies and Castle Crashers!

Try simple multiplayer games that are fun!

pX I Atticus
04-20-2009, 11:38 AM
lolol i'll second that.

The next person that makes a comment on "slut only play rock band" will be reported as you have seen the only 2 ppl that have posted saying this are new to the site please if u want to talk like that then go to another site

thank you

KingSlitherOne
04-20-2009, 11:52 AM
The lego games are decent multiplayer.
Indeed, you should try one of the Lego games, I would go for Indiana!

MasonW94
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Uno is a classic to play with your girlfriend :).

Me and my gf enjoyed hexic 2 battle mode aswell.

Scene it is almost a must though

Bax x360a
04-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Game me and the wife enjoy together.... Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, Lego games, Soul Caliber 4, Ultimate MK3, Civilization.
We also play a lot of RPG's together, helping each other solve puzzles and look for secrets. I'm jealous mate, I'd love to have a wife who played UMK3! As for games to play with the girlfriend, how about Crackdown?

PnutButrSkippy
04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
dont know if it was mentioned already, but i played Marvel Ultimate Alliance and any Madden football games and Fable (i know you already played it with her) with my gf and she loved them all.

jimi_stephen
04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
eh..."Doctor"?

I Decay I
04-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Halo 2 or 3 on lowest difficulty is fun with mine (let her do nerly everything and help out with finishing the big ones)

dakisbac
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Not reading the thread, but general party games like Guitar Hero, DDR, or Uno are all good. Viva Pinata is hit or miss

DudeWithTheFace
04-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Left 4 dead is always a good one, along with shooters like CoD:W@W or Gears. PGR is fun to mess around in, and don't forget uno :)

There is also that massage game....;)

rawkerdude5012
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
if your both into movies than you can't go wrong with the Scene-It games.

Da CRU Mughhh
04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
How about some LEFT 4 DEAD that is a great game:D
And or Gears of War2 that game is awesome co-op;)

pinkpanfa
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
My wife and I already play games so here's what I suggest.

If the girl is a real gamer:

Soul Caliber
Rainbow Six Vegas (1 or 2)
Gears of War (1 or 2)
Resident Evil 5
Viva Pinata : Trouble in Paradise
Rock Band or Guitar Hero

If she's more into the casual playing:

Feeding Frenzy 2
Double Dragon
Kingdom of Keflings
Lego Batman / Lego Indiana Jones / Lego Star Wars
Uno
Any arcade board games or card games (Gin Rummy, Spades, Hearts, Connect 4, Battleship, Dominoes, Sudoku, etc)
Viva Pinata Party Animals

I could list more but this is enough to get you started.

minh2
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
my GF loves playing Schizoid with me, maybe you can try it out?

i'm looking for similiar co-op game like that tho, are there any more out there?
no shmup please haha

pinkpanfa
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
If she isn't good with The FPS control scheme, try it with a really simple platformer game like Kung Fu Panda. That game makes you move and look around at the same time.

If you Want to start out with a shooter :uzi:, go with one that doesn't move as fast as Halo or COD. Run some Gears 2 Horde matches or some one-on-one Gears local matches until she gets the hang of it. Then dive into co-op on Easy. Anything with a slow moving tutorial works great (Gears 1, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, 50 Cent:BotS, Army of Two)

MajinDrew
04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
If anything it really does just depend on what she's in to. My girlfriend practices Kuk Sool, a korean martial art, and true to form she loves fighting games so Soulcalibur IV, DOA4 and when it's out Tekken 6.

You'd just need to find something that piques your girls interest that you can share too!

Mr. Writer
04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I have found that women have a fatal attraction to Tomb Raider. My mum used to play it when I was little when we had the family Playstation One and the missus likes TR. I was quite surprised when I got sent to go get some drinks and came back upstairs to see her playing my 360 with TR Legend in the tray =]. It did make me smile though. Heh I still might try to coax her into playing with me more often (360 wise, for the immature and Hayden if he sees this). Try her with Tomb Raider =].

miss smokey69
04-20-2009, 10:32 PM
At the moment i am playing Gears Of War 2 with my Otherhalf, But i must admit i am in too the shoot em up games.

Bieest Unit
04-20-2009, 11:30 PM
I sometimes find my brother playing Worms with his girlfriend, or Viva Piņata when I still had it borrowed.

Before me and my girlfriend broke up, she loved to watch me play Dead Rising..

04-21-2009, 01:00 AM
I game with my girl on a regular most of the time its Bomberman Live and a few other XBLA Games like Kingdom for Keflings.

Seth
04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
If you want to game with your girlfriend, go with one of those new RPGs, I think the newer one is called "Surprise Buttsex". If that fails go with Halo 3 if your chicka isn't a gamer since you can be good at that game without trying. I'm happy mine is a gamer because we can play games that we both like such as RE5, L4D, and I'm trying to get her to by 'The Orange Box' so we can play TF2 together.

Wii187
04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
My wife doesn't game, but we play Street Fighter IV once and awhile.

Maka
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
From experience, chicks dig racing games.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Probably like the Music Gene Games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero maybe even Sing Star?

If she likes racing then maybe try out PGR4 it's fun and easy to play.

Bieest Unit
04-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Now that I think of it.. My mum used to like playing Mario Kart and Mario Party with us. Guess Viva Piņata Party Animals is comparable.:p

Sheeple
04-21-2009, 02:43 AM
You guys must be getting some good catch's if you have gf's that will player First Person Shooters with you. Mine won't even let me play them myself when she is around.

Lego Indiana Jones is the only thing she will play with just me. Rock Band and Scene It if we have a group of people over to hang out.

The Clutch Hand
04-21-2009, 02:56 AM
cough cough UNO.......

Glowin Smurff
04-21-2009, 04:15 AM
You guys must be getting some good catch's if you have gf's that will player First Person Shooters with you. Mine won't even let me play them myself when she is around.

mine will kick me off if it's double XP on COD WAW weekend.

colmotoole2
04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Get her to play Leisure Suit Larry with you. Women always love Larry.

Flyn Dutchmn
04-21-2009, 03:04 PM
My GF enjoys playing the LEGO games quite a bit, and it definitely helps my gamerscore. Other games that she enjoys include Puzzle Quest, Puzzle Fighter (she can actually work me in this one), and currently she's helping me get 1000 GS in Monopoly.

FPS' are unfortunately not, and never will be on the list.

DudeWithTheFace
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM

Mine likes big guns :)

Shadjuice
04-21-2009, 07:59 PM
My wife likes playing stuff like, scrabble, uno, lego games. I also got her hooked on Halo 3 for awhile since she watched me play it so much. She would get excited when she killed my friends in games lol, its funny. Just try trial and error she might end up liking a game that you thought she might not.

Epic Malice
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
well i'm into shooters and I'm a ton better at the MP portions then my boyfriend.. haha... come to think of it i'm better at any MP game than him. haha. he tends to pick the puny guns while I tend to own him with my HMGs. But most females I know arent into the girly or easy games so we all play shooters and our boyfriends have to deal with it. :)

budbon
04-21-2009, 11:42 PM
i know plenty of good games to play with my gf but they arnt vid games lol.:woop:

Life And Death
04-22-2009, 12:57 AM
When I play game's with my girl we most of the time play the Wii. She'll mess around on the Xbox 360 every once in a while but she's more into the Wii.

On the Xbox 360 though she's down to try any game I ask her to with me, or she'll suggest a game. So just depends on what you/her are into.

I have a shit load of game's for the 360 so to me it's whatever, I think I'm up to 15 or so with the Wii.

SetsunaFSeiei
04-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Mine enjoys just about everything

From what she has she loves Left 4 Dead , she claims to hate Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 but i highly doubt that [its because she keeps losing n.n; and cause i teabag her when she dies xD]

We also just go into party chat and talk to each other while we play Star Ocean or other 1 player games

:]

WhineyRabbit
04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
My girlfriend loves Rock Band, you should see the frustration in her face! She's gone up to Hard Bass (Just about :P) in a matter of months.
Other than that if I try and play anything else with her the Xbox goes off and she gets all my attention.

NoodleII
04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Beautiful Katamari
Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata: TIP
Civilization
Tomb Raider
and from the arcade...my wife and I love playing Catan, either online or against the computer.