PDA

View Full Version : My Review On UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo

x2o9xLegendx
04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Okay so I'm going to do my own review on the demo.

First off, I have done about thirty to forty fights so far and I'm still not bored with the demo! I'm only using Chuck Liddell right now but this game seems to be amazing! I have knocked out Shogun Rua with a ground and pound, a kick, and a knee to his face (once when he tried to take me to the ground and then i clinched and kneed him in the face). You can win by button smashing on beginner and experinced(here and there). I have done all the tutorials and they help out ALOT! Playing on advanced is frustrating but I have gotten some control over it. When you play on advanced, Shogun Rua goes for a lot of takedowns and if he catches you sleeping, he will throw you into a submission and tap you out most likely.

Here are the positives of the game to me:
-Transitions are great
-Punches and Kicks are realistic when you are from a distance and upclose. (If you are face to face with an opponent, then you want throw a powerful punch. Kicks turns into weak kicks and knee's.)
-The fighters look exactly like real life fighters. (It's not like WWE and every small and big dude looks like their on roids!)
-The cuts and bloods are great. The blood will drip off your opponent onto your body if your in a clinch.
-Joe Rogen makes real life mistakes and it adds to the realism of the game.

Here are the negatives of the game to me:
-COMP seems to go for a lot of takedowns. A little bit to much
-The Ref stoppage are a little slow and stupid. (Ref will let you murder your opponent after you knock him out. If your defending yourself while in a groggy stage, the ref will stop it. Also the ref did stop the fight after I put Shogun Rua on the ground in a groggy stage, and I only punched him once. I wanted him to stand back up.)
-I wish the entrances were of your guy walking from the back to the cage.

Okay so thats my review of the UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo. I will rate this game a 9/10 for just being the demo. It has yet to get boring! I am now going back to playing it and trying to find new ways of knocking Shogun Rua out!

Thanks for reading and leave comments if you want!
Shaun a.k.a x2o9xLegendx

Cinderkin
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I just played the demo as well. I have used both fighters and I played it for about 2 hours last night. I love it. The striking is so smooth, and the ground game is great. I was amazed at how much fun the game is. I cant wait for the real game. I agree that the entrances are short, and I wish they had the full walking stuff. I just don't see how you can get bored with this game. Every fight ended different for me. I played it on hard and Chuck knocked me out within 12 seconds it was great.

Gnasher13
04-20-2009, 04:57 AM
I think the could add in the entrances in the full game.

Jack LeChat
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
there is a couple reasons that they dont have the full walk ins.
#1 how many times are YOU going to watch the walk in parts? if your like 99% of gamers the answer is "only a few" making the walk ins a waste of disc space that could be use on something cooler
#2 they dont have the right to most of the fighters walk in music (im sure it would cost a lot for them to get the rights, and the money is better spent on game development) with the lack of real walk in music the walk in can take away from the experience as much as it could add to it.
now thats out of the way i just wanna say this game is rediculously fun! ive been playing (the demo) on nothing but expert and i dont mind at all getting my ass kicked 20 or 30 times in a row because the 1 win i get now and then seems that much sweeter.