PDA

View Full Version : Am I s.o.l.????? Please help me!

rcpearson
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I bought a used xbox from a friend. I use his profile name and started playing a new game. I now got hooked up to LIVE and that started me a new profile. Is there a way to get my gamescore and progress moved over to my new profile? Or must i start over on the game?
What if I changed his profile to my email and account info, would that work?

Thanks for any help.

SOW Camoflauge
04-19-2009, 09:18 PM
well, I have never tried anything like this but every time you create a new account, it is a NEW account. But you can change your gamertag to something you like and edit any profile settings that you like. Then you wouldn't lose any points that you have gotten. Go into the dashboard and play around, there you will see all the things you can change. So if you want to keep your games progress and points just change your gamertag. But If you don't have a lot of achievement points just create a whole new profile

Deyankees1
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Since you used his profile all that gamerscore you earned are his. You now must start fresh. They is no way possible of transferring achievements from one tag to the other with out cheating of course.

Bleeding Star
04-19-2009, 09:22 PM
As mentioned you can pay 800 MSP to change your gamertag OR start a new account and start from 0G

rcpearson
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys. I figured i was screwed. My friends profile i was useing isnt on LIVE anymore. IDK if that helps tho? Guess Ill just start over!!!

rcpearson
04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
As mentioned you can pay 800 MSP to change your gamertag OR start a new account and start from 0G

But i think i read that you can change the gametag to a new account but I already started the "new" account and paaid for the LiVE.

Bolt
04-20-2009, 12:41 AM
You can start a new profile because if you change his profile settings then his account is changed, you can't seperate it into his and yours

CyanideBreathMint
04-20-2009, 02:45 AM
But i think i read that you can change the gametag to a new account but I already started the "new" account and paaid for the LiVE.
No matter how many times you change the name, it'll always be the same account no matter what. End of.

About the best you could do is change the gamertag name to something similar to your other gamertag but that's it. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to start on another account altogether and play those games again.

Personally, if the gamerscore has meaning to you, keep that tag and rename it to something similar to your other gamertag (it can't be exact as it's already taken of course).

Hope that's clearer than mud now?

Glowin Smurff
04-20-2009, 02:58 AM
No matter how many times you change the name, it'll always be the same account no matter what. End of.

About the best you could do is change the gamertag name to something similar to your other gamertag but that's it. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to start on another account altogether and play those games again.

Personally, if the gamerscore has meaning to you, keep that tag and rename it to something similar to your other gamertag (it can't be exact as it's already taken of course).

Hope that's clearer than mud now?

probably like muck now :D

CyanideBreathMint
04-20-2009, 03:01 AM
*dusts off cyber hands* Job done then. :D

DENAz666
04-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Yeah the problem is, if you were to ever add credit card details to your account (if you were just doing a name change) then that could cause a whole host of problems.

I'd reccomend just starting from scratch, changing the name and using his account would actually be considered cheating

v_thorne
04-20-2009, 07:22 AM
There is no way to transfer gamerscore, thankfully.
I'd just start a whole new account.
That way the score and tag are 100% yours.