PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Expert

Rigaderchi
04-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I beat the game on hard on guitar, and I want to beat expert now. Do I just play over the songs I beat on hard? If not, how do you reset the songs so they unlock as you play them like in the previous play-through. :confused:

Boravr6
04-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Just reset the game.. resume your current career but when you choose difficulty select expert.

You only need to play the last song to unlock the ach! but you can replay all the songs as you like for the $$$

I beat the game on hard on guitar, and I want to beat expert now. Do I just play over the songs I beat on hard? If not, how do you reset the songs so they unlock as you play them like in the previous play-through. :confused:

MartyMcFly
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Your answer is almost as confusing as the question.

Rigaderchi,

If you haven't already, all you need to do is go back to the Main menu, go to career, single, guitar, choose Expert, then just play The Thing That Should Not Be.

Beat that, and you get credit for beating the career on Expert. It's that simple.

Deleted2014-12-02
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Just reset the gamep.. resume your current career but when you choose difficulty select expert.

You only need to play the last song to unlock the ach! but you can replay all the songs as you like for the $$$

WTF, no! Just play... whatever the last song is... I forget... on Expert and the achievement will unlock. No need to go through the whole career again! It's not like you are locked to a difficulty once you start a career, you can play any difficulty for any song and any song you have done already can be replayed at a higher difficulty and it will be counted at the higher difficulty.

MartyMcFly
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
WTF, no! Just play... whatever the last song is... I forget... on Expert and the achievement will unlock. No need to go through the whole career again! It's not like you are locked to a difficulty once you start a career, you can play any difficulty for any song and any song you have done already can be replayed at a higher difficulty and it will be counted at the higher difficulty.

Basically what I said in my post above yours ^^

Rigaderchi
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Alright, thanks people. I'm just kinda used to the older GH games where you have to do all the songs again.

MartyMcFly
04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Yea, it's actually a (pleasant) surprise that they've changed it. Though it's kinda cheap because most of us aren't actually completing the entire Expert career.

GH: World Tour had the right idea. You can swap out the Difficulty to beat certain songs, but you still had to progress like normal.

This game is too easy to beat.

B1indSide
04-21-2009, 07:39 PM

Why don't you RE-READ the section you quoted from the last guy, specifically the last paragraph...
All he said was back out and pick Expert this time and, I quote, "You only need to play the last song to unlock the ach! but you can replay all the songs as you like for the $$$"

Seems like a pretty solid tip to me, and NOWHERE does he say go through the whole career again, he said RESUME your current career... why don't you learn to read instead of calling out WTF.