PDA

View Full Version : cant get a submission victory

Travo0318
04-20-2009, 02:54 AM
I have been playing the demo now for a few hours and have yet to win by submission. I've been through the tutorial a few times so I think i know what I am doing, but every time i try to pull off a submission I always get reversed.

Can anyone give me some tips on what I could possibly be doing wrong or what I may need to do to pull of a submission?

Bluntedfish
04-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Ive tried many times myself and yet to succeed, I would figure that your opponent would have to be really gassed to pull off a sub.

JaggedIceMan
04-20-2009, 04:18 AM
It's pretty tough. I usually play as shogun just because I want more of a challenge. When I do get into the sub. animation, I just hammer the crap out of the face buttons. It would also logically make sense that it may be easier if your opponent is a little more "worn down" however, I've never tested that theory.

clear31
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
i've managed to do it in the third round after really wearing down chuck using shogun. The best advice is simply wear them down and apply the submission when they seem helpless.

I'm sure when the game comes out that maybe someone with better subs such as kenny florian or demian maia might be easier to get subs with. As of now though all i can think of is to wear them down. Getting the knockout seems to be much easier.

i cant imagine how hard it will be getting xbox live opponents to submit.

Bluntedfish
04-21-2009, 12:42 AM
It would be nice if you could break bones if they refused to tap.

elephantd
04-21-2009, 01:08 AM
It would be nice if you could break bones if they refused to tap.

that would make the game for me.(:

this game is going to be amazing.
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer Review (http://herbalairevaporizer.com/)
________
Marijuana Dispensaries/Santa Ana.Ca (http://www.dispensaries.org/)

surge1
04-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Hard as hell to get submits in this game... I was playing as Shogun and had Liddell mounted, rocked him with a punch and then put him into an armbar, but he STILL got out. Shogun has an 88 I think in submission offense rating so getting submissions should be easier (at least easier than Chuck) than they are for me right now...

xUK Assassin
04-21-2009, 07:27 PM
with shogun easiest sub is triangle choke its the only sub i've made

xUK Assassin
04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
flying armbar shogun 2:50 into the second round just beat the hell outta his body then go for the submission you want