PDA

View Full Version : Getting your Gamerscore up fast

MB PaiNKiLLeR
04-20-2009, 04:15 AM
I know that some of the people on this site use gamefly etc. to rent games cheaply

Is there any company I should use to get my gamerscore up fast?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I didnt know where to put this

Charlie121
04-20-2009, 04:24 AM
I love using Goozex. You trade your old games for points to other people and use your points to request games from others. Let's say you trade 2 old ps2 games for 1000 points. With 1000 points you get a newer xbox 360 game such as Resident Evil 5 or Gears of War 2, etc. You only pay $1 for each game you receive in the mail.

Here's a link: Goozex.com
(http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6177791534390) Click Here to Go to Goozex (http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6177791534390)

This is my Trading Signature for the Site:
http://sig.goozex.com/signature/Charlie121.png (http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6177791534390)

antnie
04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Go to gamestop and buy a game, play it for 7 days and then return it for full price. It is like renting but it is free.

xBootstrapp
04-20-2009, 05:12 AM
I love using Goozex. You trade your old games for points to other people and use your points to request games from others. Let's say you trade 2 old ps2 games for 1000 points. With 1000 points you get a newer xbox 360 game such as Resident Evil 5 or Gears of War 2, etc. You only pay $1 for each game you receive in the mail.

Here's a link:
Click Here to Go to Goozex (http://www.goozex.com/referral.asp?idr=6177791534390)

This is my Trading Signature for the Site:
http://sig.goozex.com/signature/Charlie121.png

Whoaa Ive never heard of that, and it doesnt sound too bad.
Okay say if I were to trade in games to earn 1000 points and get Resident Evil for 1000. And if I finished it fast enough and traded it back in, would it still be 1000 points?

Parkerktm
04-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Go to gamestop and buy a game, play it for 7 days and then return it for full price. It is like renting but it is free.

I've always wanted to do this but how do the people look at you? I assume they don't really care but It's got to be weird going back to the same store.

Granted I have around 5 next to me, but still. Also, can you only have one out at a time or multiple?

roy1751
04-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Don't do it. One day you will look back on all the crap games on your gamercard and regret it. Play good games with challenging achievs and the overall gamerscore will come along in no time.

Charlie121
04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Whoaa Ive never heard of that, and it doesnt sound too bad.
Okay say if I were to trade in games to earn 1000 points and get Resident Evil for 1000. And if I finished it fast enough and traded it back in, would it still be 1000 points?

Yes, that is how it would work. I am actually about to do that with Civilization Revolution. I got it for 850 points, and I'm almost done with it and it is still 850 points. One thing to remember though is that Goozex isn't always extremely fast. You need a little bit of patience, but you save a lot of money in the end. :woop: If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

steeldragon
04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I am gonna have to check out goozex. It looks like it could be really cool. Thanks for letting us know about it.

EpicGinge
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Can you actually do this even if you have opened it and there is nothing wrong with it.

bosInFusioN
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
I used to use goozex but you really have to be patient with a service like that, there is a huge list for any popular game and not a lot of people willing to trade.

Good luck if you try it.

kasparsade
04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Nah,ill just stick with the good old achievements and buy games, i dont care how much the games cost. I justget games to have fun notjust get a game for free and then return it. There is no point of doing that. With that time i would already complete many games.:mad::mad::mad::mad::uzi::drunk;)

Glowin Smurff
04-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Can you actually do this even if you have opened it and there is nothing wrong with it. that's for used games.

Alfman1
04-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Don't do it. One day you will look back on all the crap games on your gamercard and regret it. Play good games with challenging achievs and the overall gamerscore will come along in no time.

Each to his own buddy.

You should let this guy make his own decisions..

Also, you can't just repeatedly take games back every week can you?? Surely people don't let you??

Glowin Smurff
04-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Each to his own buddy.

You should let this guy make his own decisions..

Also, you can't just repeatedly take games back every week can you?? Surely people don't let you??

i dunno, i've never done it, not even for *gasp*Avatar, but i rented that shit anyway....bleh but it's hidden towards the bottom :D

[Waggly Bean]
04-20-2009, 05:48 PM

Correct. A lot of shops have a 'no questions' return policy, in that you can return a used game if you just didn't like it rather than if there's actually something wrong with it. It is pretty much always for an exchange, and the receipt will say that it has been exchanged, so it won't be allowed a second time...

Unless you know the staff and can sweet talk them into it of course! :p

xBootstrapp
04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeahh you actually can do that with Gamestop, especially if you have multiple ones in your ares. Cause I think they only allow a certain number of "no questions" exchanges per customer.
But if you stretch it out a week or two between each one Im sure no one will every know.

vI-Youneek-Iv
04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Im going to try that Goozex thing or what ever you call sounds fun.

mrtrick92
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Gooezx sounds interesting may give it a go. Could save a bundle with the amount of PS3 games ive got that im no longer interested in due to my eyes opening and seeing the wonders of xbox and achievments.

Xterma
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
i snt rent any games, i only buy

Charlie121
04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I used to use goozex but you really have to be patient with a service like that, there is a huge list for any popular game and not a lot of people willing to trade.

Good luck if you try it.

I find that the lines are much shorter then they appear. People request games and don't have the points for them. Either they do it for future trading or until they get the points. So if you have 1000 points for a game and your number 46 in line, it is not unusual to have 40 people in front of you that don't have the required points, so you would be 6th in line.

Of course new releases take a little longer, but the money you save is worth it for many people on a tight budget like myself. Plus the trade values are much better then what you would get at Gamestop or Amazon.

OzzieDreamer
04-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I love Goozex! If you want a new game, you need to get in line as soon as it is released or it will take forever to get. It's actually better for catching up on games you have missed. Games that people play for quick and easy gamerscore usually have a quick turnaround, so you would be in luck there!

SOW Camoflauge
04-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I have Gamefly. IMO, the best thing that has ever hit the market. I only buy games that are MP and worth getting. I know average about 4-5 games a year that I buy. You save so much money and you get to play those easy 1000 games and send them right back. Also you keep those games that are a bit harder to beat for as long as you want. And not to mention this site is the best thing ever. I was at 55k when I found this place and shot up almost 10k in 2 months.

CienPR
04-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Im gonna have to give goozex a go, I have a lot of old games that arent worth trading in. Whats their shipping policy? Do they ship U.S. only or Continental US or w/e?

Zen Master Kel
04-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Buy Avatar at Gamestop, beat it, and take it back that day or the next day and get a better game that you plan on keeping. You shouldn't use Gamestop as a free rental place, but if you're going to spend some cash there, then there's really nothing fraudulent about "spending 10 minutes" with their copy of Avatar before you buy a better game. You can do the same with TMNT, and that game shouldn't take but 5 - 6 hours to beat.

Avatar and TMNT are both $17.99 each ($35.98 for both). With the Edge Card and the eternal 10% off coupon, that brings it down to $28.80 plus tax for 2000 Gamerscore points and $28.80 store credit towards games you'll keep.

Trust me. They don't ask questions unless you abuse their system. And if you spend a lot of money in their store and/or reserve some games, they won't care.

Lord Chabelo
04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
The one time I tried the Gamestop return policy, stuff came up and I wasn't able to finish the game within their seven day period so I had to end up keeping it.

I will check out goozex though

Pashos
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
I use Goozex all the time and I love it. I wouldn't suggest trying to get new games from it though because you will have to wait for a long time and you are better off just getting it in a store. I only get older games that are quick 1000s from Goozex.

Charlie121
04-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Im gonna have to give goozex a go, I have a lot of old games that arent worth trading in. Whats their shipping policy? Do they ship U.S. only or Continental US or w/e?

They do All US and Canada. Members can edit their "zones" to include other areas like Canada. They have a Europe version as well.

Bieest Unit
04-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Or like me: Have a friend that has lots of games and start borrowing!

Half the games in my list I have borrowed from that guy lol:p

About 6000 of my GamerScore is from his games (also arcades played at his).:p

v_thorne
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
When I had a membership to Blockbuster I would rent all the crappy games like Avatar, TMNT ect and since they were so old I always told them "this game played up to a certain point and didn't work anymore". Since they didn't have multiple copies of that game, I got to rent a better game afterwards :p
But I mentioned that on these forums before and I was looked down upon and snubbed because I did that. :mad:

Parkerktm
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Dude look at my gamercard.

Almost all of my games are quality games. I play quality games with decent achievements, but still I need to grab NHL 09 for a day this weekend until I decide to buy a new copy of the game.

So it's borrow it from my brother, waste $8 for 3 hours of lay on a rental, or use the gamestop method. I don't feel like asking my brother again considering i borrowed it from him last week for a whole week.

Keenan Sandwich
04-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeahh you actually can do that with Gamestop, especially if you have multiple ones in your ares. Cause I think they only allow a certain number of "no questions" exchanges per customer.
But if you stretch it out a week or two between each one Im sure no one will every know.

the gamestop by actually told me if i buy a game, buy it used so if i beat it i can return it within 7 days so he's cool haha.

SetsunaFSeiei
04-22-2009, 01:08 AM

Agreed, i regret playing all these Easy Achievement Games i have, im going back and im going to try to complete whatever games i can, some that are impossible for me like GH3 are exceptions but the rest i will not give up on

But with this Site , when you get the game do you keep it o.o ?

Charlie121
04-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Agreed, i regret playing all these Easy Achievement Games i have, im going back and im going to try to complete whatever games i can, some that are impossible for me like GH3 are exceptions but the rest i will not give up on

But with this Site , when you get the game do you keep it o.o ?

Yes you keep the games for as long as you'd like. I usually finish them or play them for as long as I want to then put it back up for trade on Goozex. Once you browse the site and read the FAQ it makes perfect sense. The staff there are also very helpful as well as the forum community.

capthorp
04-22-2009, 02:55 AM
I've always wanted to do this but how do the people look at you? I assume they don't really care but It's got to be weird going back to the same store.

Granted I have around 5 next to me, but still. Also, can you only have one out at a time or multiple?

I do it all the time. Buy a game and play it and beat it, or if it sucks return it within 7 days for a no hassle / no questions asked refund. Or if the game takes longer than 7 days to beat, you buy and play for 7 days, then return it. Then go down the street to another gamestop and do the same until you run out of local gamestops.

Bababoof
04-22-2009, 03:05 AM
I use gamefly. Past month, restarted my sub and have earned 2000 points from LEGO Indy and Sonic's UGC. Now renting LOTR Conquest and I got so many games in GameQ, for the first 2 months I'm doing 2 games at a time

Exhausted Dad
04-22-2009, 05:46 AM
I just used the Gamestop method , as we are now calling it, about 2 weeks ago. I had bought Dead Space, RE5, Spider-man WOS and Mortal Kombat. The next few days while I was at home and realizing it was going to be hard to beat a game and return it within the week I took Mortal Kombat vs DC back and got some easy GS games ahem; cough Avatar, Jumper and TMNT. It was funny because the guy working when I took it back was like "You don't like this" and I didn't want to outright lie so I said yeah it was pretty good. Then I got the games I mentioned and he's like man you dont want these they suck. Long story short I beat 2 andhalf of the games took them back and got Mortal Kombat back and the guys were mumbling about it and the manager said as long as its back within 7 days its fine. Its their policy and you better believe they know it happens sometimes so if they don't care then I don't.

Charlie121
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
I use gamefly. Past month, restarted my sub and have earned 2000 points from LEGO Indy and Sonic's UGC. Now renting LOTR Conquest and I got so many games in GameQ, for the first 2 months I'm doing 2 games at a time

How much is Gamefly a month?

I Am HiDD3n
04-17-2014, 10:31 PM
the Gamestop trick works wonders. I do it all the time, take 60$ to a store of your choice. Buy a used game and play it for a week. Then return it and they will put your money on a trade credit card. Then you have 60$ you will never lose. Go to a different store every week getting a different game with the money on your card. Multiple games do work but make sure you keep your reciept and turn one in at a time. Every now and then add some time in between trips so they don't suspect anything. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and have never run into any problems.

Kung Fu Man
04-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Are you...are the lot of you bloody well serious? "Hey rip off the system, but be careful if they wise up to you doing it!" That's just barely a step above outright stealing the game.

If you're doing something that could be honestly considered morally wrong just to get gamerscore, you really need to re-examine your gameplaying.

Liamxd96
04-17-2014, 11:12 PM
mostly older games and all child/family games are normally the easiest to 1000g

Rymt
04-17-2014, 11:36 PM
mostly older games and all child/family games are normally the easiest to 1000g

Old sports game, primarily '06 games were really easy to get 1000G on.

dakisbac
04-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Are you...are the lot of you bloody well serious? "Hey rip off the system, but be careful if they wise up to you doing it!" That's just barely a step above outright stealing the game.

If you're doing something that could be honestly considered morally wrong just to get gamerscore, you really need to re-examine your gameplaying.

Taking advantage of Gamestop's return policy isn't stealing. Is it the most honest thing in the world? Not really. Definitely not stealing though.

Lavindathar
04-17-2014, 11:59 PM
True, it's not stealing but it's low lol.

Then again, if you want to spend your life playing kids games for easy Gs go ahead. Makes your gamerscore worthless though when people inspect your tag and see no decent games on there.

Braiiins
04-18-2014, 12:34 AM

Then again, if you want to spend your life playing kids games for easy Gs go ahead. Makes your gamerscore worthless though when people inspect your tag and see no decent games on there.

Gamestop is not hurting from people using their return policy. Those used games they're selling usually have a 200%+ mark up from what they paid for it. A game they sell for $30 will usually cost them $10 or less. The only time they give decent prices is AAA titles.

I have used their policy once or twice to my advantage, I own too many games to make gamestop my "rental service" like some of these other people.

ServeChilled
04-18-2014, 01:25 AM

What games do I need to play to give it actual value? :confused:

Wildmn34
04-18-2014, 01:43 AM
Holy 5 year thread necromancy Batman

KillerBEA
04-18-2014, 01:53 AM
What games do I need to play to give it actually value? :confused:

Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the only games that will bring glory to your tag.

I am being 100% sarcastic. The value of your tag is the value you put into it and get out of it. If doing hard games isn't your thing then don't worry about it, just play what you like. That brings more value to your tag than playing difficult or long games that you don't enjoy.

Killerchronic
04-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Why do i keep reading goozex as Goo Sex....... THE INTERNET HAS WARPED MY FRAGILE LITTLE MIND.

While this thread is still active, there is no one company, just rent games, play them, send them back, look over the main threads here for "easy 1k" stuff, they even seperate it into under 5hrs, 5-10hrs etc etc... pick games from those, boost score... ????? ..... Profit.

Destro
04-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Well it seem the goozex thing is gone.. the link don't work anymore. As for gamestop, there quebec counter part EBGAMES don't accept that anymore. They used to i think but they have some sticker they put on games and once the sticker is gone, you can't return the game(more or less the sticker is used if you bough the game for your kid or as a gift and turn out the person had it or something, so you can exchange it) I think they will only exchange a game if its defective...

Of course there is there "1 year warrenty" you can buy, so i presume you could still cheat the system in a way. Buy the 3$ warrenty and then return it saying its defective... They are supose to "not ask questions" if you did buy it. It was put in place i think back in the days when the xbox could scratch the discs... They still try so hard to sell them to me, everytime i look at the clerk and says "game installation bro", it won't scratch the disc cause it ain't turning... Or many times they try to sell me one on a 10$ game... im like "seriously dude????" for 10 bucks you think ill pay 3$ for warrenty?

Anyway only time i ever took it was on xbox controller and such, cause i used to pass them like peanut butter, when i was hardcore playing MP on GOW couple years ago.

But anyway to get back to point, this thecnique could probably work if you want to bring back game, but at some point they may question you i dunno.

In any case most games can bough up to 10-15$ these days often in store... and there so much good wesbites for exchanges between players, i would sugest using those. Buy full price only games you want to keep a long time or rent them, or then again if you return a new game couple weeks after release, unless its a turd they will give you back 45$ often... so worth it.

The Duke of Darkness
04-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the only games that will bring glory to your tag.

Lol, Dark Souls.

Jungi
04-21-2014, 02:26 AM
Goozex.com no longer exists. :(

Fragarach Luin
04-21-2014, 09:55 PM
I don't want to spew out self-righteousness, but whether or not you think it's stealing to abuse Gamestop's uncharacteristically generous return policy, you need to understand that that sort of behavior is why DRM is becoming such an issue these days. We can laugh about the cartoonishly greedy tactics companies use to keep us from playing games we haven't paid money for, but that's the point: they're businesses, and we're finding loopholes to avoid paying money for their product.

I'm not here to defend the heavy-handed bullshit these corporations practice. But I'm sick and tired of puerile, amoral loudmouths on the internet who with one side of their mouth cry about evil DRM and with the other chuckle about how they tricked the man like they're bloody Robin Hood.