PDA

View Full Version : VIP membership

SOW Camoflauge
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
According to a post over at Hip Hop Game Show, they talk about the possibility of a new Xbox LIVE membership option, the VIP Membership.

"According to a customers survey done in France, Microsoft is considering a new level of Xbox Live called the VIP service. Now with this upgraded version, users will be able to get online storage for their content, a brand new matchmaking option, a option that allows the user too send free invitations to silver members, and better connectivity. It’s no denying that Xbox Live’s gold members are reaping the awards that Microsoft has provided them and with this optional addition it can’t do anything but expand on this already great feature."

Would you be willing to shell out more than Xbox LIVE's Gold price for more features?

I had to edit the "too" to "to". It was driving me crazy as it was to all the posters on the comment page

martin88
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Hmm- depends on what features and how much extra.
Oh, and on the condition Gold membership stays as it is now, just in case this new package isn't a good deal.

SOW Camoflauge
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Well as I said before, these features should be included in gold memberships. There shouldn't even be a VIP membership coming out. I know it is only a "Rumor", but to be honest, this is far from a rumor. You can't come up with something like this with these types of features and not be working on it.

And why was this survey done in France? What about the U.S.? Seeing how we are the majority of the people that play the 360.

SOW Camoflauge
04-20-2009, 04:48 PM
As I posted on the comment page I will post it in the thread.

Online Storage = Joke! There is a reason why we have spent 100+ dollars on hard drives

Matchmaking = Joke! Every game has its own matchmaking system in place.

Better connection = Joke! We are the ones that host the rooms, therefore we are only as good as our ISP...

Sending invites to Silver members! Should already be able to. Silver members should be able to play online, just don't give them arcade games and demos etc. etc. But I don't even know any Silver members.

But! If MS is going to be the server, (dedicated server). And matchmaking turns into a country filter i.e. U.S plays with U.S. Then that is a different story. Playing games with no lag would make online gaming a million times better. And don't take this the wrong way. I have no problem playing with our friends from across the pond. But it is laggy, lol.

I am up for improvements to make my gaming experience better. And I am all for MS making their system better. But to make us pay more for what should already be in place is ridiculous. They take enough of our money! How would everyone feel if we had to pay more money a month for the party system, the Avatars. It would be a different story for people that support MS.

kasparsade
04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Ok send your ideas to microsoft and i say that there is no point to add a new membership type we already have silver and gold what more?:drunk:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:mad::mad:: mad:

N-Forced
04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
i wouldn't hold your breath that this becomes a reality, especially since pretty much all of the "benefits" for this extra service don't even seem that good to warrant an extra fee. invite silver members? why would i want to pay extra for that?

xZombie x3h
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm not going to buy it if it's true. I mean, I think you get enough with a Gold Membership and they are expensive enough as it is, so I'm guessing VIP memberships won't come cheap.

EvilestBean
04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Well i would definately pay for the better connection bit lol.

T0b3
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
There's no reason for Microsoft to create a new member level.. additionally, the upper named new "features" are mere useless.

DakidJose
04-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I'll probably just try it out for a month or so and if I don't see a big difference which I'll probably won't.I'll just go back to regular gold.

Tussell
04-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Everyone is a cheap bastard. If you don't want to pay for it, don't cry about it. I know it's a rumor but everyone is a crybaby! It drives me nuts. They act like Microsoft is the only company who wants money...

The point of almost every company is to get money.

I'd most likely pay for it, if I see that the features are worthy of my money. We'll have to first see if this rumor comes true, then how nicely the features work.

Io Haze oI
04-21-2009, 12:24 AM
If their is extra features that are more benfical such as maybe getting DLC for big games bit earlier or something, I would be interested. It all really depends on how much extra it will cost and what comes with it to be honest.

Since this is a rumour though, not much point in getting my hopes up.

Tatanko
04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
I would definitely give this a try, and continue using it if I liked it. They should give all current Gold members a chance to try it free for a week or something.

Maka
04-21-2009, 02:08 AM
I would probably only pay extra if Microsoft donated some dedicated servers for multiplayer games, and they were put into use by the devs.

It would also be nice to have lots of discounts and special offers as VIP members. A certain percentage off arcade games or DLC would be nice.

-Other than those 2 examples, I cant see myself upgrading for something else.

Exhausted Dad
04-21-2009, 02:30 AM
I would probably only pay extra if Microsoft donated some dedicated servers for multiplayer games, and they were put into use by the devs.

It would also be nice to have lots of discounts and special offers as VIP members. A certain percentage off arcade games or DLC would be nice.

-Other than those 2 examples, I cant see myself upgrading for something else.
That is exactly how you get it to work and I would buy it. Make it like a Edge card at gamestop and give you like 10-20% off DLC. BUT that is the only way I would put more money into my account otherwise I would just rather be able to buy more games.

dakisbac
04-21-2009, 03:11 AM
Dedicated servers we should already have. What are we paying them for anyways? The ability to play with each other on OUR hos, the ability to party chat, and access to demos/other content earlier. I don't see why we pay to just connect to each other, and the other two I can do without. If this VIP level does indeed come out, it had better be something damn special for me to get it

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-21-2009, 03:23 AM
I guess I would pay more to get my old dashboard back.

DENAz666
04-21-2009, 03:52 AM
You should put another point in your poll:

"I don't listen to crappy rumours made up by small sites trying to generate hits" lol

Even if this was true, i'd never pay more for features that i'd never get here in australia. Shit i'm still waiting for netflix!

eskEMO
04-21-2009, 03:54 AM
It would really depend on the new features for me. If they're major changes but not that much more expensive, I'd probably go for it. If it's an absurd rate, though...leave me as gold. :) And if they do have VIP accounts, they better keep gold as is.

TransonicPower
04-21-2009, 05:26 AM
IMO the best would be that Silver goes to Gold and Gold goes to VIP.

Tufty
04-21-2009, 07:14 AM
As I posted on the comment page I will post it in the thread.

Online Storage = Joke! There is a reason why we have spent 100+ dollars on hard drives

Matchmaking = Joke! Every game has its own matchmaking system in place.

Better connection = Joke! We are the ones that host the rooms, therefore we are only as good as our ISP...

Sending invites to Silver members! Should already be able to. Silver members should be able to play online, just don't give them arcade games and demos etc. etc. But I don't even know any Silver members.

But! If MS is going to be the server, (dedicated server). And matchmaking turns into a country filter i.e. U.S plays with U.S. Then that is a different story. Playing games with no lag would make online gaming a million times better. And don't take this the wrong way. I have no problem playing with our friends from across the pond. But it is laggy, lol.

I am up for improvements to make my gaming experience better. And I am all for MS making their system better. But to make us pay more for what should already be in place is ridiculous. They take enough of our money! How would everyone feel if we had to pay more money a month for the party system, the Avatars. It would be a different story for people that support MS.

These may not be the only features. As for the online storage would be a good thing because some people are like me and have hardly any memory left and is getting near the point were i will have to deleate some of the stuff in order to download a new map pack for Halo 3 or Call of Duty or get a new arcade game. Better connection, someone was complaning that if were paying for xbox live microsoft should be hosting the games in match making for us, well that might be what they do. So if i had a list of all the features and the price was reasonable i would probabaly get it. Anyway i can see the point your making camoflauge but you never know there could be a lot more features with VIP membership.

mrtrick92
04-21-2009, 07:19 AM
i think it should be included with gold membership.

KNUCKS x360a
04-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Definitely should be included, we pay way too much as it is, Games, Gold Memberships, DLC's every 2 weeks... Its weak!

We already pay 40 a year for MS to advertise to us on OUR OWN dashboards! You notice how when you fire up - it goes to the Ad blade automatically?! - And how the Whats New & Spotlight blades are practically identical & full of cr*p?!

Biggest Pimps on Earth MS....

demiesta
04-21-2009, 07:57 AM
ther is only one good furtere i can come up with. (and its not in it)

pay more for your account and save more ms points for donwloads.
for example pay 90 euro instead of 60 for the 12 month account and only pay 50% ms point for downloads.

in this cause you can dicite what kind of player you are, ore just figugere if you save money by getting sutch a account.

sorry for my bad english.

Tussell
04-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I guess I would pay more to get my old dashboard back.
Complaining about the new dashboard is so two months ago!

gallardolvr
04-21-2009, 12:09 PM
i would prob pay more but it would have to come with some pretty bitchin' features

Pashos
04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
If those are the only features that come with it, I probably won't buy it. If there are more features though then I probably will.

SOW Camoflauge
04-21-2009, 05:29 PM
These may not be the only features. As for the online storage would be a good thing because some people are like me and have hardly any memory left and is getting near the point were i will have to deleate some of the stuff in order to download a new map pack for Halo 3 or Call of Duty or get a new arcade game. Better connection, someone was complaning that if were paying for xbox live microsoft should be hosting the games in match making for us, well that might be what they do. So if i had a list of all the features and the price was reasonable i would probabaly get it. Anyway i can see the point your making camoflauge but you never know there could be a lot more features with VIP membership.

Well I know this is in "RUMOR STAGE". But IMO you can't come up with something like this and not have it the making. Too many features are listed that would make sense for a new membership level.

I know a lot of people are stating that they are already charging us for things while other systems are free, which would raise up arguments. But to be honest, the other systems are not as easy to use as the 360. They don't have this many features which to me is all worth it.

If MS wants to upgrade, hell yeah. But there is no need to charge us extra for it. I know that there will be more features than what is listed, but what else can they do. Because these features are not worth any more money, just an update.

We all know that every company is out to make as much money as possible. But MS makes a ton of money off of the 360. A little break down.
Lets say there are 1 million people on live. (Which is true, even more). At $50 a year per membership, thats $50 mill a year just from membership fees. I don't even have to factor in arcade games and game add ons. I think MS makes enough money from the gaming industry and doesn't need to ask for more from us.

NoodleII
04-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I thought that what was mentioned here as new features was rather weak - pretty shallow upgrade if you ask me - sounds like they are trying to get into the world of cloud computing in a market that doesn't really call for it (XBL).

DarkPyroGuy_09
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
All I can say is that it depends on the features. I would buy it if I thought I would gain from having it.

SOW Camoflauge
04-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I agree with some of you guys. Gold members should get a trail for a week or a month.

I Decay I
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
One guy said, we are all crybabys if we say: "this is a rumor! ms wants my money" (yes ms wants your money, because there are a company -.-)
hes right
I think its a rumor, too. And I think ms is getting ridicilous, too.
BUT IM SILVER AND I DONT PAY FOR IT!
crybabys...

(sorry for my bad english an the rant^^)

shilbo-assassin
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM
it really depends on a few things.
firstly, so long as gold membership isn't affected then i don't see a problem.
initially i felt 'wtf' especially as sony online is free, but it's shit!
i love xbox live and i would be willing to pay more IF i felt it was justified. i think live is fine now, and have no desire to pay for than the 28 i paid this year for gold BUT i'm open to what they suggest...so long as have the option to keep things the way the are if i dont want to be vip.

Stalkah
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
It depends whats on offer.

KFZ Scrubs
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Meh, i really don't care right now.
Nothing to really make me want it, but i still buy live every 3 months just because.
I have no idea because i barely play online

SOW Camoflauge
04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
it really depends on a few things.
firstly, so long as gold membership isn't affected then i don't see a problem.
initially i felt 'wtf' especially as sony online is free, but it's shit!
i love xbox live and i would be willing to pay more IF i felt it was justified. i think live is fine now, and have no desire to pay for than the 28 i paid this year for gold BUT i'm open to what they suggest...so long as have the option to keep things the way the are if i dont want to be vip.

I agree with you on this, the features have to be justified. But any new features that come out should be included to the gold memberships, not a new membership level. MS is saying that they want to improve their system and make us pay for it which is BS! But a new membership level has to offer so much more than gold and pretty much make gold not even worth having.

KFZ Scrubs
04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
actualy, if this supposed connection improvement is good..... hell i'll pay for it.
Mine right now is shit, can't play with anyone online.

Chud 360
04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
we allready pay upto 40 a year. I dont think any new features should cost any more.

SOW Camoflauge
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
actualy, if this supposed connection improvement is good..... hell i'll pay for it.
Mine right now is shit, can't play with anyone online.
The only way they can improve their connection is to become dedicated servers. Other than that it is a load of crap because we are the ones that host the rooms.

quickhhh
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
There needs to be more features then that for me to buy it.

InkedUp
04-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I really need to see more info on this before I decide if its worth it or not. MS would really have to make the VIP membership appealing for me to fork out extra money. So I'll need to see the enhanced features and price tag on this to make an informed decision

syntax419
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
This VIP thing is useless, imo. I already have 120gb storage and a decent isp.

What's annoying is PS3 and pc don't pay anything to play their games online and such, and potential customers see that. The only way I could see this working is if they get rid of silver, make gold free, and charge for the VIP.

BooseyGirl
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I would but it would depend on the features and perks that I would receive as a VIP member. If I'm gonna be a VIP I want some really cool stuff that regular users wont have, because not only will it make me special but I'll feel special too knowing I'm putting more money Microsoft really doesn't deserve in their pockets anyways *coughsarcasmcough* but whatever, I love Xbox Live enough to have been a member since day one, so why not?

Valkyrie
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I would consider it if the new features were considerable better than gold but overall I think it is a terrible idea and a way for microsoft to get more money

SOW Camoflauge
04-28-2009, 05:25 AM
this is what I would pay extra for:

MS becomes the server
Matchmaking is a country filter
Arcade games are half off
We can get demos and trailers early
We can get a token for beta test
And make Billy Gates pay off all my bills!!!

BlaZiN cdn
04-28-2009, 06:17 AM
I would pay if it's within reason, if it's $10-$15 more I would but if it's $25+ I would definitely not pay for it, I'd stick with a Gold membership.

Defcizion
04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Give the benefits to the Gold members. They don't need to make a whole new level.

NightUlf
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I agree if there are going to do this, why don't they up grade all current Gold members to VIP, for the same price and keep a Gold membership option for a reduced price? :confused:

carter1412
04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP membership could be a good idea, say maybe if it cost 100 for a year and you got all downloads for free, what do you guys thinks?

Monkey Ninja
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
If they really are going to do this, they should at least make gold free or make it so that we can actually play online with our silver friends.

rvlution
04-28-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP membership could be a good idea, say maybe if it cost 100 for a year and you got all downloads for free, what do you guys thinks?

Do you know how much of a loss companies would be taking on that? Shivering Isles for Oblivion was like $30 (not sure?) so that would be a bunch of money not going to the developers.

Depends on how much extra. I'm not exactly loaded.