PDA

View Full Version : Should I Use My Intercooler?

jaSHUEah
04-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok here is my dilema. My 360 officially Red Ringed for good on Saturday. I was just about a year old fresh out the box and I pretty much have been using the Nyko intercooler since I first got the system. Although I have heard about scorching problems with the intercooler I opted to use it anyway chalking it up as an early model problem.

My 360 started to occasionally Red Ring once or month or so about 5 months ago, then one day my 360 started being really loud like a vacum cleaner so I popped of the intercooler and it stopped. I put it back on for a few minutes and it was not making that sound anymore but I decided not to use it anyway.

Then Saturday my 360 completely Red Ringed so I went and bout a new one but I have not been using the intercooler and Im wondering if I should? Did my 360 Red Ring because I had the intercooler on the 360 for 7 months or did it Red Ring because I took it off for 5 months of heavy gaming? Is scorching still a problem. I really need advice on this. I dont have it on now and just need to know am I doing more damage by it not being on. Thanks in advance for any answers.

kasparsade
04-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh for god sake dont use intercoolers and maybe you are playing too much:confused::confused::drunk

goothgone
04-20-2009, 04:47 PM
its garbage

pinkpanfa
04-20-2009, 04:49 PM
My XBox gets alot of play. I use the Intercooler now. I haven't had a problem yet and I've been using it for months now.

My main system Red Ringed 3 times before I got the fan.

kasparsade
04-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes... I will never get an intercooler

impmeister
04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
When I first got an Xbox I got an intercooler with it. This was a big mistake as I used for over a year until I got fed up of the noise it was making lol. When I took it off I found that I couldn't load up any games what so ever. I think the Xbox had become dependent on the cooler for some reason. Even though it voids your warranty I sent mine to Microsoft and they put a new motherboard, disc drive everything in it and it hasn't buggered up since *touchwood*. To be fair there really is no need for a intercooler as you get 3 year warranty against RROD now and if they do find out you've been using one then it will void that warranty.