PDA

View Full Version : Mini acheivment guides?

True I Skill
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
I think it would be a good idea if people Could make Mini acheivment guides without them getting Locked as long as they have alot of information.
Most the time when i feel like making an acheivment guide for a game, I have good help for certain acheivments. But hardly any for a few other acheivments, So i skip it and let some one else make one. I think it would be a good idea if people could make mini acheivment guides with say 5 acheivments for a game added on, Where they give as much information tips, and help as they can for that acheivment. So when some one is looking to do an acheivment, They have a choice of opinion to pick from not just the main acheivment guide thats been stickied.

And i hardly ever see anyone post tips to the Main acheivment guide creator, And if people do i always read the Work on the acheivment guide like its the Creator of the guides work. Then il maybe see another users name at the bottom of the guide or somthing with a thanks next to it.
So could people start making mini acheivment guides that get stickied? Id like to see more opinion on harder acheivments Instead of just one, Or posting a thread about the acheivment then being directed straight to the acheivment guide.

This isnt bitching at the acheivment guides, Most of them rly do help out, Id just like to see some more opinions on it, Or not have to write out the same thing on the forums 2 times a day when some one posts a thread asking for tips on the acheivment.

NFaMuS one
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I think it would be a good idea if people Could make Mini acheivment guides without them getting Locked as long as they have alot of information.
Most the time when i feel like making an acheivment guide for a game, I have good help for certain acheivments. But hardly any for a few other acheivments, So i skip it and let some one else make one. I think it would be a good idea if people could make mini acheivment guides with say 5 acheivments for a game added on, Where they give as much information tips, and help as they can for that acheivment. So when some one is looking to do an acheivment, They have a choice of opinion to pick from not just the main acheivment guide thats been stickied.

And i hardly ever see anyone post tips to the Main acheivment guide creator, And if people do i always read the Work on the acheivment guide like its the Creator of the guides work. Then il maybe see another users name at the bottom of the guide or somthing with a thanks next to it.
So could people start making mini acheivment guides that get stickied? Id like to see more opinion on harder acheivments Instead of just one, Or posting a thread about the acheivment then being directed straight to the acheivment guide.

This isnt bitching at the acheivment guides, Most of them rly do help out, Id just like to see some more opinions on it, Or not have to write out the same thing on the forums 2 times a day when some one posts a thread asking for tips on the acheivment.

For one that would just overload the pages of the forum with stickies. Two, just do what I did, and that was make a walkthrough for the achievements.

I did the achievement walkthrough for The Pitt achievements for Fallout 3, but also, I made a shortened version in my post of the walkthrough that could be posted in the guide on the main page of x360a.

So what you're proposing is a good idea, however, I would think it's not something that has to be approved in my opinion. You can write or re-write any achievement guide and it's put into review by the Guide Team, and if it's better, it will be posted.

True I Skill
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Ohh
Right
thanks
sorry. (:
I wasnt sure if it was allowed or not.

Andrew x360a
04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
You can write or re-write any achievement guide and it's put into review by the Guide Team, and if it's better, it will be posted.

This is completely accurate and a point that many people seem to miss. There's no rule that says you need to rewrite an entire achievement guide just to improve a couple of achievements. Just yesterday I updated a guide on the main site with a new piece of data that had been submitted for a single achievement.

If you have something simple like that - for just a couple of achievements - you can even just use the feedback thread HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57731). If its several achievements or a large section of the guide, write something up in the game's forum and then submit it just like you would a full guide. The post in the forum may not necessarily get stickied, but if the contribution is judged to be substantial enough, you'll get coauthor credit for the guide.

The bottom line is that anything that can improve a guide is a welcome contribution. The site continues to expand and improve, but the guides are still our bread-and-butter and they keep bringing people to the site, so we need them to be the highest possible quality.